ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 56
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:45 PM 05-31-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
30 for 30 on McGwire coming out in a few weeks.

The Jordan Effect.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:47 PM 05-31-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Market is taking off right now and people are expecting his and Sosa’s popularity to rise again due to ESPN’s documentary in two weeks.

I can see McGwire but Sammy too? Does that mean Bonds cards will get some juice too?

https://youtu.be/17773lglbtw
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:58 PM 05-31-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Let's be honest, Patrick's signature is a penis blowing a load.
Oh, you think Pat's is bad, I give you the sig of Eric Decker (he HAD to have been doing this on purpose). It's literally a cock and balls.

[Reply]
arrowheadnation 12:04 AM 06-01-2020
This is currently at $37,700 with 4 days and 19 hours left and the RESERVE HASN'T BEEN MET!!!

1 of 1 Flawless Mahomes/Brady dual auto. FYI, packs of this come in a metal briefcase and retail at $2000+

[Reply]
Ebolapox 08:56 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I remember back in the early 90s, my Wife and I took our Son to a card show - he was really into cards then. Anyway, Some kid was selling unopened packs of cards (don't remember the name now) but there was a "special" card in some of the packs. Frank Thomas.

I bought a pack from the kid (just for fun) and opened it up. Starting browsing the cards and lo and behold, there it was! Some older man was walking by and offered me $400 on the spot for the card.

Did I sell it? You bet your sweet ass I did!
I'm guessing it's the 1990 topps frank thomas rookie card. the normal card can be had (or last time I checked a while ago) for less than ten bucks. the very rare version that had no name (aka, no 'frank thomas' on the bottom in the nameplate part of the card) was like 1000 bucks back in the day.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:06 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
This is currently at $37,700 with 4 days and 19 hours left and the RESERVE HASN'T BEEN MET!!!

1 of 1 Flawless Mahomes/Brady dual auto. FYI, packs of this come in a metal briefcase and retail at $2000+

I break with Kyle on Badger Breaks. Unreal hit.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:13 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Card grading can be a racket IMO. Crack it open and resubmit to another grading company and you will end up with a different grade. Hell, the FBI is investigating a couple of them right now. The average collector would be better served just sticking to raw cards.

Yep. Crazy prices right now. Many people are becoming millionaires.

The market for cards couldn't be any better than it is. We have reached a high in the market and IMO it is the time to sell before it falls again.
Yeah, there is a trick to get 10s with those companies. Most of the eBay sellers use it to get them. A lot of them also run multiple accounts to bid up the price on a card.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 10:58 AM 06-01-2020
Very much a business. It is no longer a kid's hobby.
I’d disagree a little bit. It’s not a kids hobby if you want the biggest hits Of the biggest stars and one of ones that sell for 50k, sure. But if you collect anyone who isn’t like a top 4 guy in the sport, collecting singles is really nice and not very expensive. I went to my local shop a while ago and in front of me was a kid in a kris Bryant jersey and he had like 5 Bryant jersey cards and autographs. Cost the dad like 80 bucks. I’m sure the kid thinks they are priceless. Heck if you look at Kelce and Hill you can find all sorts of autographs for a reasonable price. The front page of eBay results has a hill #ed to 10 going for 60 bucks buy it now. It’s a great market for people who aren’t whale hunting at 2k a piece boxes that have 8 cards per pack.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:28 PM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
I’d disagree a little bit. It’s not a kids hobby if you want the biggest hits Of the biggest stars and one of ones that sell for 50k, sure. But if you collect anyone who isn’t like a top 4 guy in the sport, collecting singles is really nice and not very expensive. I went to my local shop a while ago and in front of me was a kid in a kris Bryant jersey and he had like 5 Bryant jersey cards and autographs. Cost the dad like 80 bucks. I’m sure the kid thinks they are priceless. Heck if you look at Kelce and Hill you can find all sorts of autographs for a reasonable price. The front page of eBay results has a hill #ed to 10 going for 60 bucks buy it now. It’s a great market for people who aren’t whale hunting at 2k a piece boxes that have 8 cards per pack.
A 2020 Bowman Hobby box is $300-325 in most places. Jumbo boxes are over $550. 90% of Bowman is junk paper.

A 2020 Topps Hobby Box, which was produced with junk wax print run numbers is over $100. A Jumbo box is well over $200.

They don't have to buy boxes? How many kids do you know that can go into a hobby shop and pay $15-50 per pack?

I'm not even going to get into the troubles with retail and how it takes advantage of kids dollars.

Collecting singles will never grow the hobby. A boy wants a treasure hunt.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:37 PM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Yeah, there is a trick to get 10s with those companies. Most of the eBay sellers use it to get them. A lot of them also run multiple accounts to bid up the price on a card.

There are definitely a bunch of scum bags in the hobby.
[Reply]
tatorhog 12:43 PM 06-01-2020
Hell, the FBI is investigating a couple of them right now.
Evan Mathis wouldn't be one of those guys, would he?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:47 PM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
Don't think so.

Involved card grading companies, dealers and auction houses.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ed/1929959001/
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:49 PM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:

Beautiful

The GOAT & Tom Brady.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:55 PM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Beautiful

The GOAT & Tom Brady.
The two guys that hit this are best friends. They decided to sell it and split the proceeds. Would hate to lose out on that kind of money on a dice roll.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 02:36 PM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
He most definitely is. He was called out on it and got extremely defensive. I believe someone found in his feedback history that he had purchased a paper trimmer.

Card trimming is running rampant right now. People are trimming the edges of cards to improve their grades and making hundreds of thousands off of it. Its sickening.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 56
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up