ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2020 Fitness Thread ****
penguinz 07:53 PM 02-18-2020
Where is everyone on their fitness goals these days?

I recently reached 315 bench. Feel stronger than ever but also getting old and takes so long to recover!
[Reply]
penguinz 04:10 PM 10-27-2020
Lewdog.. ever had to deal with chronic elbow tendinitis? If so what did you do to help relieve?

Even after 2 months of rest during the stay at home lockdown it came right back after first gym session.

Painful enough it may cause me to have to stop lifting. ��
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:13 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Lewdog.. ever had to deal with chronic elbow tendinitis? If so what did you do to help relieve?

Even after 2 months of rest during the stay at home lockdown it came right back after first gym session.

Quit jacking off so much
[Reply]
penguinz 04:35 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Quit jacking off so much
Other arm.
[Reply]
loochy 06:48 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:

Bpc 157, turmeric, and mk677 relieved mine, but it wasn't exactly chronic
[Reply]
Shoes 09:52 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
OMG YES! Doctor Greg! I bought his cookbook and I eat the french toast every morning. I make a week's worth of the egg mixture at once and keep it in a tupperware, then I just dip the bread when I want to eat some.

I also eat his PB2 shakes (he calls it "ice cream"). I premixed the ingredients into little baggies so I can just grab some ice and mix it.

In any event, what part of it are you having trouble with? You are eating too much? Too little? You say "make it easier", but I'm not getting what you need to be easier.

My example day:

Wake up - Kirkland protein bar
actual breakfast - doucette french toast
snack - orville redenbachers smart pop (the small bags only have 100 cals)

lunch 1 - wrap with some kind of lunch meat and stuffed with spinach
lunch 2 - a can of tuna mixed with some kind of sauce (depends)

postworkout - pb2 shake
dinner - a little frozen salmon packet I made
night snack - pb2 and banana sandwich

I can just increase or decrease portions, types of dressings, etc, based on how many calories I need. If I'm tying to gain I use fatty ham instead of lean chicken or use mayo for the tuna instead of walden farms ranch. If I'm leaning out I can stuff a ton more veggies in my wrap, make my shake with a ton of ice, eat random massive bowls of greens with walden farms dressing, drink fiber supplement, and drink tons of water to fill my gut and make me not hungry.

Once you get steady then it's easy to adjust.

Is that what you mean by "make it easy"?

Nothing there takes long to prep or cook at all.

Also remember that you don't have to eat "breakfast foods" for breakfast.

***EDIT*** I'm not being a dick, I'm trying to understand your goals here.
What I mean by "make it easy" is just readily available or little to no prep time. I'm just a little inconsistent with calorie intake for breakfast and or snacking throughout the day. If I have a problem, it is eating too little as opposed to anything else. Just want to see what other meal prep individuals on CP are doing for their first meal of the day + snacks.
[Reply]
loochy 10:00 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Shoes:
What I mean by "make it easy" is just readily available or little to no prep time. I'm just a little inconsistent with calorie intake for breakfast and or snacking throughout the day. If I have a problem, it is eating too little as opposed to anything else. Just want to see what other meal prep individuals on CP are doing for their first meal of the day + snacks.

protein bar
fruit and cottage cheese
french toast
boiled eggs
pb2 sandwich
oatmeal and pro shake
grilled chicken

Those are all fast prep things or things that keep well in the refrigerator.

The bottom line is this - get consistent. Know exactly what you will eat, how much of it, and when. It needs to be planned out and prepped ahead of time as much as possible.

If you are having trouble, never wait until meal time and then try to decide what you are going to eat - because you'll end up eating junk or just not eating at all. After about two weeks then you'll be in a groove.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:01 AM 10-28-2020
I have a question about running. My girlfriend has been working out 5 days a week, following some fitness videos by Autumn Calabrese. She doesn't run, but she's been getting cardio in for a few months now. I'm a piece of shit when it comes to cardio. I lift with some free weights in my basement about once a week and do some pull ups here and there. That's it. I haven't ran more than a block for about 12 years since college.

Well we decided to go run a mile. I didn't think I would be able to do it. I was really worried I Would have to walk 90% of the way but I was very surprised I was able to do it. It took me about 9 minutes and I did walk towards the end a short while with her as she couldn't keep up but by far and large I ran it. Felt pretty invigorated after and once I rested a 15 minutes I was motivated to do some grunt work around the house, cleaning, organizing etc. Endorphins I guess.

How long would it take a normal person to get down to a sub 6 minute mile? How hard is that? I know in high school I used to run the mile in 5 min something.
[Reply]
loochy 10:04 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I have a question about running. My girlfriend has been working out 5 days a week, following some fitness videos by Autumn Calabrese. She doesn't run, but she's been getting cardio in for a few months now. I'm a piece of shit when it comes to cardio. I lift with some free weights in my basement about once a week and do some pull ups here and there. That's it. I haven't ran more than a block for about 12 years since college.

Well we decided to go run a mile. I didn't think I would be able to do it. I was really worried I Would have to walk 90% of the way but I was very surprised I was able to do it. It took me about 9 minutes and I did walk towards the end a short while with her as she couldn't keep up but by far and large I ran it. Felt pretty invigorated after and once I rested a 15 minutes I was motivated to do some grunt work around the house, cleaning, organizing etc. Endorphins I guess.

How long would it take a normal person to get down to a sub 6 minute mile? How hard is that? I know in high school I used to run the mile in 5 min something.

Do you mean for one mile or do you mean for like a 5k or 10k? If you mean just one mile, it's doable. Maybe 6 months or a year, depending on what kind of shape you are in - if you really tried, stuck to it, and were able to force yourself to go true all out for 6 minutes.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:07 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Do you mean for one mile or do you mean for like a 5k or 10k? If you mean just one mile, it's doable. Maybe 6 months or a year, depending on what kind of shape you are in - if you really tried, stuck to it, and were able to force yourself to go true all out for 6 minutes.
One mile, which I looked up was like 1610 meters or something. I kind of want to give it a shot. 6-8 minutes doesn't take a while and it's 4 times around on my culdasec.
[Reply]
loochy 10:08 AM 10-28-2020
One mile, which I looked up was like 1610 meters or something. I kind of want to give it a shot. 6-8 minutes doesn't take a while and it's 4 times around on my culdasec.

It's definitely doable - for sure. The time frame is up to you.

Try entering some local races. The motivation from competition will push you far beyond what you will do on your own while running down the street. 5k is probably the shortest you'll find, but if you get good at 5ks then a 1 miler will be easy.

Also note that it's been about 5 years since I've run a 5k. I've recently lost all motivation to do cardio and I do weights exclusively now, so please take the advice of an actual runner over mine.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 10:25 AM 10-28-2020

Given your info, shouldn't take longer than 6 weeks if you did a real running program. If you're just running a mile over and over, then probably longer, but not necessarily.
[Reply]
kepp 10:28 AM 10-28-2020
Getting to a fast mile won't take long if you're only running one. However, I think you'd see more benefits in cardio and dropping fat/weight (if that's your goal) by doing fartleks. Run a fast 400m, then rest for a minute, repeat.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:04 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by kepp:
Getting to a fast mile won't take long if you're only running one. However, I think you'd see more benefits in cardio and dropping fat/weight (if that's your goal) by doing fartleks. Run a fast 400m, then rest for a minute, repeat.
I actually I'm not interested in losing weight although I'm sure it would happen. I'd like to lose a little body fat, and since I'm not lifting at the intensity I used to I would probably lose weight anyway. My primary goal is to not keel over dead from a heart attack and increase my good cholesterol. I have absolutely no good cholesterol, but no bad cholesterol yet. I also have very high lipids for someone of my size or any size for that matter, which is a little worrisome and I hear is a possible precursor for heart disease later in life.

I'm 5'10.5'' and 185 lbs. I've been 5'10.5'' and 185 lbs ever since 2003..but I carry alot more body fat now.

Would fartleks help add some fast twitch muscles? I'm getting back into golf so any small increase in fast twitch muscle fibers in my core or legs would help swing power even if negligible. Could be a nice secondary benefit. You always see sprinters with massive legs.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:54 PM 10-28-2020
A sub 6 minute mile isn't too insane by any means but I imagine only 10% of all regular runner's can even achieve that.

You are more likely to hurt yourself trying to just continually run faster if try to do it to quickly. You need to run some longer slower runs, nothing major but also integrate some speedwork.

I mean unless you are just naturally a fast runner (some people are) there is a fairly quick wall that you will hit while speeding up, it becomes much more incrementally harder at a certain point.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:58 PM 11-11-2020
I got back into the gym for the first time since March. Christ almighty I'm a piece of shit.

Anyway, LEW - you doing any percussive therapy? I see it advertised a lot, but have no idea of the actual science.

I've been having some trouble with getting really stiff muscles if I sit on on the tractor very long. Stretching doesn't seem to do much in the moment. I'm trying to get in a routine of stretching every night (with the aforementioned gym that is beating my ass like a drum). Would percussive therapy help?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Up