ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 15
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2020 Fitness Thread ****
penguinz 07:53 PM 02-18-2020
Where is everyone on their fitness goals these days?

I recently reached 315 bench. Feel stronger than ever but also getting old and takes so long to recover!
[Reply]
KurtCobain 07:59 PM 02-18-2020
Not going well.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 08:09 PM 02-18-2020
Going as it's been going for a long time, simply a routine thing. You find a system/routine that works for you then just roll with it. Proud of myself for never ever missing a workout, and with family/friends needing things that isn't always easy. Six days on, alternating body parts with Sunday off. Don't worry about the diet not looking to win Mr. Olympia. Multi vit/min/B-12 tab my only supplements.

The key thing now is flexibilty and cardio, I put more into that aspect of things than I used to.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:10 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Where is everyone on their fitness goals these days?

I recently reached 315 bench. Feel stronger than ever but also getting old and takes so long to recover!
3 plates is always impressive! Nice work!

My bench has slipped I am probably around 270lbs max right now but want to hit 315 this year as well. Going to be a challenge with my other goals but I can get back to 300lbs fairly quick I think and if I can get 315 done by July I'm good. After July my real training for endurance picks up so I'll lose some strength.

Been doing low carb to go along with my endurance training which isn't a fun combo.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:32 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
3 plates is always impressive! Nice work!

My bench has slipped I am probably around 270lbs max right now but want to hit 315 this year as well. Going to be a challenge with my other goals but I can get back to 300lbs fairly quick I think and if I can get 315 done by July I'm good. After July my real training for endurance picks up so I'll lose some strength.

Been doing low carb to go along with my endurance training which isn't a fun combo.
I was pumped when I hit 3 plates. I recently turned 45 and weigh in between 190-193 depending on time of day.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:44 PM 02-18-2020
I was pumped when I hit 3 plates. I recently turned 45 and weigh in between 190-193 depending on time of day.
I'm ~185lbs and have benched 300lbs at as light as 180lbs at 5'11'' in late 2018 I think it was. Been surprised how fast I have been able to gain strength back just taking creatine at times.

I think "old man strength" is a real thing. But yea it takes much longer to recover and I think it tails off hard around 50 years old. I am 48 going to be 49 in late June.
[Reply]
philfree 09:18 PM 02-18-2020
It's not official but
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327750

I'm digging the Bowflex Max.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:08 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I'm ~185lbs and have benched 300lbs at as light as 180lbs at 5'11'' in late 2018 I think it was. Been surprised how fast I have been able to gain strength back just taking creatine at times.

I think "old man strength" is a real thing. But yea it takes much longer to recover and I think it tails off hard around 50 years old. I am 48 going to be 49 in late June.
I am only 5’8”. I want to hit 200lbs on the scale just to say I did and then try to cut down and hover around 170. I like to eat though so that will be hard.

As far as lifting and getting stronger.... I cheat. I am on test and keep my levels around 950-1000.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:09 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
It's not official but
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327750

I'm digging the Bowflex Max.
Doesn’t matter what you use to strength train. Keep it up.

I had a bow flex when I was younger but outgrew the amount of resistance it offered.
[Reply]
philfree 08:48 AM 02-19-2020
Doesn’t matter what you use to strength train. Keep it up.

I had a bow flex when I was younger but outgrew the amount of resistance it offered.
The Max is a climber machine. I've been using some workout bands for strength training though and I'm actually trying to stay off the free weights which isn't hard since my weight room has got a bunch of stuff sitting in the way. If I start weight training I'll end up doing hour and a half workouts and I'm trying to avoid that. I can do upper back, chest, bi's and tri's with the bands though and it's not taking to long. If I can get to where I want to be I might start lifting but right now I'm more focused on the ability to do the Max workouts and finding a way to battle this ciatic pain.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:30 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
The Max is a climber machine. I've been using some workout bands for strength training though and I'm actually trying to stay off the free weights which isn't hard since my weight room has got a bunch of stuff sitting in the way. If I start weight training I'll end up doing hour and a half workouts and I'm trying to avoid that. I can do upper back, chest, bi's and tri's with the bands though and it's not taking to long. If I can get to where I want to be I might start lifting but right now I'm more focused on the ability to do the Max workouts and finding a way to battle this ciatic pain.

Why are you avoiding free weights? Lifting is one of the best things you can do for your body.
[Reply]
philfree 02:33 PM 02-19-2020
Why are you avoiding free weights? Lifting is one of the best things you can do for your body.
Right now I'm working toward getting back to my golf game and lifting free weights will hinder my swing and feel. And if I start doing it I'll do to much and that won't help. It may sound funny but I'm trying to find the natural me. Don't want to feel or be bulked up and when I find the natural me I need to find a way to maintain it. Keep in mind i'm 58 years old.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 03:55 PM 02-19-2020

[Reply]
Chargem 04:11 PM 02-19-2020
I'd be pretty happy with benching 220 for reps by the end of the year. Last year went okay and my deadlift and squats have built up a bit, but my overhead press and bench have stalled and it's getting frustrating.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:23 PM 02-19-2020
Been going to Orange Theory for 2 years. I just signed up for the transformation challenge and I'm half way through it.

I'm not gonna win this thing, but I've learned alot about how to eat and excercise for maximum effect. Namely, I wasn't eating enough protein and ended up losing like 2 lbs of muscle, which is NOT what I want. So I started eating more protein...and went 2 days without shitting. Sigh. So, It's been about finding the right balance of everything while doing 4 1hr workouts a week.

I'm stronger now than I've been in years and definitely in better shape. I'm 49, so change will not happen fast and I'm not trying to hulk out. Just want a trimmer stronger me to carry me into my "golden years". So far, so good.

No idea how much I bench, and I don't really care. Last time I tried a max it was 245, but that was 10 years ago. It might be more or less, I really don't know. But for me, that's not a good measuring stick.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 15
1 234511 > Last »
Up