Anyone tune in tonight?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:12 PM 10-21-2020
This season sucks!
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:26 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
This season sucks!
Obviously, everyone is entitled to their opinion. To me, it doesn’t suck, it’s just not as great as...well really only season 1.

That’s kinda the problem with anthology series. It’s so hard to continually ace every season. Fargo season 1 was a masterpiece. Season 2 was very good/great. Season 3 was good. Season 4 to me has been okay. Watchable, enjoyable but not some fantastic must see TV. I can only imagine if there’s a season 5 it will probably flat suck.
[Reply]
eDave 04:28 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
This season sucks!
I'm enjoying every minute of it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:30 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Obviously, everyone is entitled to their opinion. To me, it doesn’t suck, it’s just not as great as...well really only season 1.

That’s kinda the problem with anthology series. It’s so hard to continually ace every season. Fargo season 1 was a masterpiece. Season 2 was very good/great. Season 3 was good. Season 4 to me has been okay. Watchable, enjoyable but not some fantastic must see TV. I can only imagine if there’s a season 5 it will probably flat suck.
If this season has a problem, it's one of cohesion.

Seems like there is [thus far] a patchwork of set pieces and soliloquies more than a narrative. There's still time to patch it all together, but it's not easy to see at the moment how the various scenes add up to something compelling.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 05:03 PM 10-21-2020
The nurse is annoying
[Reply]
lewdog 08:23 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Seems like there is [thus far] a patchwork of set pieces and soliloquies more than a narrative. There's still time to patch it all together, but it's not easy to see at the moment how the various scenes add up to something compelling.
This all the way. There's too many things going too many ways. I feel like episodes keep introducing things but they don't really go anywhere.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:18 AM 11-11-2020
Using the cry of an infant to draw attention to the grand staircase.

#chefskiss
[Reply]
Bwana 07:36 AM 11-11-2020

That’s kinda the problem with anthology series. It’s so hard to continually ace every season. Fargo season 1 was a masterpiece. Season 2 was very good/great. Season 3 was good. Season 4 to me has been okay. Watchable, enjoyable but not some fantastic must see TV.

This is about where I'm at as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:01 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Agree with these takes. Its worth the time to watch. It has its moments. But, a long way from the season 1 masterpiece.
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:19 AM 11-11-2020
I am a big Fargo fan and was really excited to see it set in 50's KC. My old man was a cop in those days and heard some stories, etc.

But they should have made this season a few years ago. The current theme in every show these days has a large SJW undertone. It's so frustrating. Can't we just tell a story without all the guilt?

Also, Chris Rock is a hack comedian performing as a hack actor. Was sad to see Oliphant get killed off this week.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 02:23 PM 11-11-2020
I'm enjoying this season. I get that there are a lot of threads out that don't seem to relate, but I think that occurred in past seasons too - and they were eventually related. All these Fargo stories have had a big dose of quirkiness and we are still in the middle of it.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 10:23 AM 11-30-2020
"shoot him first"
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:41 PM 12-01-2020
What a shitty ending
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:50 AM 12-02-2020
All the Fargo stories seem to have unresolved or bleak endings. Evil is never vanquished.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 09:18 AM 12-02-2020
Don't forget to watch thru the credits to see a little scene connecting season 4 and season 2. I didn't realize they were the same character. I'm an idiot
[Reply]
Page 27 of 30
« First < 172324252627 282930 >
Up