ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 382
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Reaper16 10:43 PM 04-25-2010
Originally Posted by Toadkiller:
Bah, no abyss!
No list of 50 beers is going to be complete. I could make a list of 25-50 beers that I'd say are must-try for most beer styles, let alone a list that incorporates all beers.
[Reply]
Toadkiller 10:49 PM 04-25-2010
I just figured a beer that was at the top of BA and now at #4 would be on there. It is an amazing beer.
[Reply]
Over-Head 10:51 PM 04-25-2010
Didn't see
Keiths
http://www.keiths.ca/

or
Moosehead
http://www.moosehead.ca/

on the list :-)
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 01:51 AM 04-26-2010
For all of the stouts they have they do not have my favorite:

Anderson Valley Oatmeal Stout (Barney Flats)

(On tap is best of course)

http://www.avbc.com/beers/barney-flats-oatmeal-stout/
[Reply]
Third Eye 02:08 AM 04-26-2010
This list reminds me that I need to pick up some Aventinus, it has been too long.
[Reply]
MichaelH 03:50 AM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
I've actually only had 37 of the beers on the list.

This is a weird list, too. Full of good choices. It was written, though, by someone who has completely ignored Midwestern (and Southeastern) beer.
I live in the Southeast and have to ask, what Southeast beer should be on that list? I've had a few and they are average compared to the other microbrewers. Maybe they will catch on eventually but it still is Bud and Coors around here.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 05:08 AM 04-26-2010
where's this one at?
[Reply]
XXXshogunXXX 05:52 AM 04-26-2010
Ommegang Hennepin
Redenbach Grand Cru
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout
Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale
Stone Imperial Russian Stout
Stone Old Guardian
Trumer Pils
AleSmith Speedway Stout
Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye
Cantillon Iris
The Bruery Saison Rue
Port Brewing Shark Attack Red
Russian River Pliny the Elder
Russian River Valley Brewing Co. Beatification
Monk's Café Flemish Sour Ale

Ive had all these, probably some on the list ive had at a festival but was random

If I can remember, the ommengang, wasnt too good, not really a porter, not really a stout, just dark.

of all these, I think id go cantillon iris, too bad it goes for about $30 a bottle.
then maybe pliny the younger, the elder is a dime a dozen and shouldnt be on the list.

my favorite should be on here, oude guize
[Reply]
noa 07:09 AM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
For all of the stouts they have they do not have my favorite:

Anderson Valley Oatmeal Stout (Barney Flats)

(On tap is best of course)

http://www.avbc.com/beers/barney-flats-oatmeal-stout/
I agree 100%. They definitely should have included that.
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:28 AM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by Toadkiller:
I just figured a beer that was at the top of BA and now at #4 would be on there. It is an amazing beer.
It should be on there, especially over average stuff like Dale's Pale Ale. I love The Abyss (though I may like Deschutes' other wax-capped dark beer, Black Butte XX/XXI even more).
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:37 AM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by XXXshogunXXX:
Ommegang Hennepin
Redenbach Grand Cru
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout
Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale
Stone Imperial Russian Stout
Stone Old Guardian
Trumer Pils
AleSmith Speedway Stout
Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye
Cantillon Iris
The Bruery Saison Rue
Port Brewing Shark Attack Red
Russian River Pliny the Elder
Russian River Valley Brewing Co. Beatification
Monk's Café Flemish Sour Ale

Ive had all these, probably some on the list ive had at a festival but was random

If I can remember, the ommengang, wasnt too good, not really a porter, not really a stout, just dark.

of all these, I think id go cantillon iris, too bad it goes for about $30 a bottle.
then maybe pliny the younger, the elder is a dime a dozen and shouldnt be on the list.

my favorite should be on here, oude guize
Dime a dozen? Fuck that. Elder is a world-class beer. Best of the imperial IPA style that I've ever had (and I've had, like, all of them except for Pliny the Younger).

That Ommegang beer, Hennepin, is a farmhouse ale. A weird one too; it tries to be both a saison and a biere de garde at the same time. I don't really care for it.

I can get bottles of 2005 Cantillon Iris for around $13 here in KC. $30 seems crazy expensive to me.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:02 AM 04-26-2010
It should be on there, especially over average stuff like Dale's Pale Ale. I love The Abyss (though I may like Deschutes' other wax-capped dark beer, Black Butte XX/XXI even more).
Love me some Deschutes... though I've only had the stuff available in six packs. The Black Butte Porter is delicious.
[Reply]
Shag 01:58 PM 04-26-2010
It'll be at every other liquor store and Whole Foods. Anyway, there's always something else I could have asked from you. Specific beers from AleSmith or Lost Abbey, for example.
Is there a Pliny the Elder trade being orchestrated? I've been trying to get my hands on some of that for a long time. Would love to get in on a trade for that...

I picked up some Lost Abbey over the weekend when I was in the Chicago area for Dark Lord Day. I grabbed 750s of 10 Commandments and Inferno Ale - looking forward to trying them. We went a bit nuts in a Binny's and walked out with about $300 in beer, lol.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:00 PM 04-26-2010
No thanks, I don't drink.
[Reply]
Reaper16 02:06 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by Shag:
Is there a Pliny the Elder trade being orchestrated? I've been trying to get my hands on some of that for a long time. Would love to get in on a trade for that...

I picked up some Lost Abbey over the weekend when I was in the Chicago area for Dark Lord Day. I grabbed 750s of 10 Commandments and Inferno Ale - looking forward to trying them. We went a bit nuts in a Binny's and walked out with about $300 in beer, lol.
Buck was gonna' hook me up with some but he didn't find any at the one place he went to. Its OK though; I trade for Pliny all the time. I got 5 bottles in last week.

Which reminds me: I need to trade for a bottle of 2010 Dark Lord.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 382
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up