ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 382
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Reaper16 05:41 PM 04-24-2010
Originally Posted by Buck:
They had a bunch of AleSmith stuff there. I'll check out wholefoods next time I'm there.

On this Oatmeal Stout, I'm assuming I shouldn't drink it completely chilled.

What do you think?
Its fine out of the fridge. It will warm up in the glass. Stouts (not Imperial Stouts) are actually pretty light.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 04:31 PM 04-25-2010
I've had quite a few on the list but not near 27. I picked up Hennepin and Dead Guy Ale for tonight.

Having said that, I was weary about Hennepin because of my apathy towards Three Philosophers. It was a big gulp of meh.

So, hopefully it lives up.

And Boulevard's Imperial Stout and Rye on Rye would probably be on my list.
[Reply]
Reaper16 04:35 PM 04-25-2010
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
I've had quite a few on the list but not near 27. I picked up Hennepin and Dead Guy Ale for tonight.

Having said that, I was weary about Hennepin because of my apathy towards Three Philosophers. It was a big gulp of meh.

So, hopefully it lives up.

And Boulevard's Imperial Stout and Rye on Rye would probably be on my list.
37. Don't short change me. :-)
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 04:58 PM 04-25-2010
I can't really argue with anything on the list, although a couple that I've tasted didn't necessarily strike me as extraordinary.

I think the list is remiss in omitting Ayinger's Celebrator Double Bock. If there is a finer double bock out there, I look forward to tasting it.
[Reply]
prhom 05:01 PM 04-25-2010
I'm a little biased because I love them so much, but I think a list of 50 beers to try should include all the Belgian trappist beers. Especially if their going to include 9 different varieties of stout.

Reaper, that's impressive that you've had 37 of those. I usually try to get different beers whenever I can and I don't think I could even buy 37 of those beers at the store. I don't even think I could hit that at the Great American Beer Festival. Well done!
[Reply]
Reaper16 06:16 PM 04-25-2010
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
I can't really argue with anything on the list, although a couple that I've tasted didn't necessarily strike me as extraordinary.

I think the list is remiss in omitting Ayinger's Celebrator Double Bock. If there is a finer double bock out there, I look forward to tasting it.
Celebrator is fantastic. I do like a couple other dopplebocks as much: Andechser Dopplebock Dunkel and Tucher Bajuvator Dopplebock.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 06:40 PM 04-25-2010
Originally Posted by prhom:
I'm a little biased because I love them so much, but I think a list of 50 beers to try should include all the Belgian trappist beers. Especially if their going to include 9 different varieties of stout.

Reaper, that's impressive that you've had 37 of those. I usually try to get different beers whenever I can and I don't think I could even buy 37 of those beers at the store. I don't even think I could hit that at the Great American Beer Festival. Well done!
Don't commend a law breaker.
[Reply]
NewChief 06:46 PM 04-25-2010
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout and the Nut Brown Ale were pretty much my beers of choice back in my good beer days. Love both of them. The Taddy Porter is good, too. Hell, all of their beers are good. The weird thing was when I went to England, I thought that I'd run into Samuel Smith on tap everywhere, but lots of people hadn't even heard of the beer.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:51 PM 04-25-2010
I know it's not outstanding, but I still swear by Fat Tire and am pissed that it doesn't seem to be available on the east coast.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 06:53 PM 04-25-2010
Originally Posted by NewPhin:
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout and the Nut Brown Ale were pretty much my beers of choice back in my good beer days. Love both of them. The Taddy Porter is good, too. Hell, all of their beers are good. The weird thing was when I went to England, I thought that I'd run into Samuel Smith on tap everywhere, but lots of people hadn't even heard of the beer.
Better than going to England and asking the barman for thirty "Irish Car Bombs".

Unaware it might be, umm, tactless.
[Reply]
BigVE 06:58 PM 04-25-2010
Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier
Cloudy, spicy, crisp, and tart, this might be the perfect wheat beer, and a summertime staple.

Tried this one for the first time a couple of weeks ago...LOVED it. It tasted great and had no bitter aftertaste like many of the German beers. Top notch beer.
[Reply]
KCwolf 07:08 PM 04-25-2010
Dead Guy Ale is fantastic. But Mac N' Jac's from Seattle is $$ - suprised it missed this list.
[Reply]
prhom 08:02 PM 04-25-2010
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
Better than going to England and asking the barman for thirty "Irish Car Bombs".

Unaware it might be, umm, tactless.
So I have to ask, what do they call them? Just so I don't make the same mistake!
[Reply]
Toadkiller 08:04 PM 04-25-2010
Bah, no abyss!
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 09:08 PM 04-25-2010
Originally Posted by prhom:
So I have to ask, what do they call them? Just so I don't make the same mistake!
Unfortunately, I'm smarter than the person in question (read: it wasn't me) and didn't find out an answer to that question (which I asked).
[Reply]
Page 2 of 382
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up