ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Nzoner's Game Room>Man versus mouse. I seek your alliance in this war.
Rain Man 06:24 PM 10-25-2020
My dining room has a little sitting area, and I was sitting there the other night in a big comfy upholstered chair. The light was off in the main part of the dining room, and suddenly out of the corner of my eye I saw a dark flash run by on the floor. It was either a mouse or a spider that was so large and fast that I'd have to move and burn the house down.

I went into full wartime mode and tried to hunt it down, but it disappeared. My concern was that when I saw it, it was headed directly for a large floor vent and that's the only place it could have gone.

I told the wife, but there was little we could do without knowing what type of Predator had invaded our world.

Well, tonight the wife was sitting in a different chair in the sitting area, and suddenly a mouse flashed by on the floor. She sounded the alarm and we went into high alert. She said that it had run underneath the large comfy upholstered chair. I got my bazooka and a bayonet and looked under the chair and once again the mouse was nowhere to be found.

She had been watching the whole time and said that it didn't come out from under the chair, so with great trepidation I drew a conclusion. If it didn't leave and it's not under the chair, then...

I flipped the chair on its side, and sure enough there were three holes that were chewed into the bottom of the lining.

It's in the chair! The call is coming from the chair!

We immediately dragged the chair out onto the back porch, despite the fact that it's an expensive chair and it's snowing and Von Miller lives in our city.

So what do I do now? We've got a mouse living in our chair, and we can't guarantee that it's one mouse. It's possible that there's a different mouse living in the ductwork and we can't guarantee that it's one mouse. But then again, all of this could just be one mouse. It's been warm and just got cold, so it's possible that an outside mouse somehow got in temporarily.

How do you get mice out of a house, and how do you get mice out of a chair? This is not the type of chair that you just throw away. This chair is the chair of royalty. I've called an exterminator, but is there anything else I can do?

The thing that worries me is that I saw a mouse last year in our kitchen. We bought a bunch of traps and put them out, but never caught anything. However, we never saw any mice other than the one time. But now I'm wondering if the mouse/mice has been in our house the whole time, watching us and waiting for its chance to attack.
[Reply]
eDave 05:13 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Do dead mice smell like brownies? Or not good?
I can tell you a mortally wounded rabbit that was able to escape to under my couch to die, unbeknownst to me, does not smell like brownies.
[Reply]
Kman34 05:33 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Do dead mice smell like brownies? Or not good?
They smell the opposite of good..
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:58 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I can tell you a mortally wounded rabbit that was able to escape to under my couch to die, unbeknownst to me, does not smell like brownies.
Under your couch? Is your living room a clearing in the forest?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Up