ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 57
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:38 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
No kidding.

They put a nearly $20 million freeze on their available cap space with the tag and all they are getting in return for that is a third round pick next year.
And if they had shopped the cut players pool, they would have likely still landed a comp 3rd for Sneed. Just baffling.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:39 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Worse than… a 7th round swap?

The options were:

- let Sneed walk, have money when FA starts OR use it how you wish, and likely get a 3rd comp pick next year after there’s a bidding war for Sneed

- keep Sneed on the tag and have a great corner this year, then let him walk next year and get a ‘26 comp maybe

- tag him, trade him for nothing new this year, and have money to spend weeks after FA began.

Again, love Veach, SBs, etc… I just don’t get choosing option 3 from above.
Shit, if I’m Sneed, I’m pissed at Veach for tagging me and not letting me hit the open market. Waiting cost both KC and Sneed.
[Reply]
Chieftain 09:39 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Veach has made several miscalculations in his time here.

He's been excellent but by no means infallible.

This was a mistake. If this was all you could get, keep him. And if you were unwilling to keep him, don't tag him and lock up your cap space for the first two weeks of FA.

And teams/agents also have memories. Good luck running this bluff next year, Brett...

This was just bad. He got this wrong.
But Jewish Rabbi and the ladyboy cucks that like his every post don't agree. Surely he must be right and the rest of us are all wrong...
[Reply]
Mecca 09:39 PM 03-22-2024
If you were completely unwilling to keep him on the tag (and we clearly were) then you don't fucking tag him.

It's a bad bluff. It is, at best, mitigation.
If Sneed knows his knee is that bad he has every reason to refuse to play on it, if you were told your knee could go at anytime this is his 1 chance.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:39 PM 03-22-2024
Reading social media and people are pointing out the Titans will be bad next year and this will be a Top 75 pick. I don’t give a shit about next year though
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:39 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
And if they had shopped the cut players pool, they would have likely still landed a comp 3rd for Sneed. Just baffling.

We gotta stop with the comp pick thing especially for KC. Most years we sign a guy who would negate what a top player leaving would fetch back (Jawaan, Reid, Thuney, Tyrann, Sammy) and at the time of tagging it felt better than not that you could get a 2 for Sneed. Still got a 3.

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:39 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by AusChief:
If you don’t think it went wrong

An older Charlton Davis got significantly more compo last week. We got bent over. Irrespective of what Mahomes does or who Veach drafts.

They are not related
Shit. That's a really good point.

Davis isn't half as good as Sneed. Nowhere close.

Fuck - this is just so bad that it defies belief.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:40 PM 03-22-2024
What a crummy deal. Feels like collusion by the other teams to prevent the Chiefs from getting proper value.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:40 PM 03-22-2024
The cherry on top is that the contract is pretty reasonable. If it were like 23 per with even higher guarantees

It would be a little more believable that this is the best we could get with those contract demands
[Reply]
Pablo 09:40 PM 03-22-2024
Fucking yuck

Guessing they think he’s gonna stay hurt?
[Reply]
493rd 09:40 PM 03-22-2024
If you were completely unwilling to keep him on the tag (and we clearly were) then you don't ****ing tag him.

It's a bad bluff. It is, at best, mitigation.
Are you this dumb? The only way the Chiefs were going to get ANY compensation was by tagging him and then trading him. By tagging and trading him at least we got something. Otherwise he’s a free agent and we’d get nothing. Once again Veach is playing chess.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:40 PM 03-22-2024
Someone on here predicted they would get a 3rd for him
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:40 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He can't force someone to give KC a high pick AND pay that salary.
This is the part people seem to ignore, and what we now know were serious injury concerns. The market was what it was.

The timing is the only thing you might wonder about on Veach's end, not the comp. But even there it appears he had been closer to a better deal with TN that fell through late.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:41 PM 03-22-2024
Shit. That's a really good point.

Davis isn't half as good as Sneed. Nowhere close.

Fuck - this is just so bad that it defies belief.
All I can say is his knee must be far worse than anyone really knows.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:41 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That cap space is going to be used on valuable players like Mike Danna.
I’d have rather kept the best CB in the NFL last year than a rotational DE.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 57
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up