ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3255 of 3903
« First < 2255275531553205324532513252325332543255 32563257325832593265330533553755 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:09 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I do think that, if we can get nursing homes and healthcare workers taken care of, we'll see death rates plummet. Add independently-living seniors, and things will start to look pretty good.

I still think you'll see SOME restrictions for a while, but they can definitely start loosening up in a couple months.
I think it also is dependent on how close the CDC is with their estimate of 1 in 8 cases going undiagnosed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:18 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
It's going to just depend on where you live. I think locally by Feb shit will be in the process of returning to normal.

Worldwide. who the hell knows.
We are already wide open besides indoor concerts. All bars/restaurant are open, no restrictions. No mask mandate. Any business can open and operate indoors. Planning a huge Super Bowl week without restrictions. 70K fans in the stadium. Etc.etc.
[Reply]
TLO 01:36 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Supposedly Kansas will get their first shipment of the vaccine next Wednesday.
I'm seeing the 15th as a date for most states. (Just various people reporting about their states on Twitter)
[Reply]
petegz28 01:37 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, I would guess by March, we start seeing the impacts of the vaccines and natural immunity. Maybe February?
Master Fauci was out saying today that 50% of the country getting vaccinated is not enough. This is setting up for a huge political battle where some states could potentially hold the cloud of lock downs over everyone's head until they get vaccinated.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:42 PM 12-08-2020
Master Fauci was out saying today that 50% of the country getting vaccinated is not enough. This is setting up for a huge political battle where some states could potentially hold the cloud of lock downs over everyone's head until they get vaccinated.
Not like that's anything new. They've said from the beginning that we'd need at least 60-70% for it to truly get it under control, though that includes people who are immune from having antibodies as well.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:45 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Not like that's anything new. They've said from the beginning that we'd need at least 60-70% for it to truly get it under control, though that includes people who are immune from having antibodies as well.
Fauci is saying 75%-80% need to be vaccinated. I don't have a problem with the vaccine but when half the country is reluctant, like I said, this is going to be the next political battle.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:46 PM 12-08-2020
As I think about this, we're vaccinating the most vulnerable first, but they're also the least likely to spread it. The restrictions will not (and should not) change until the vaccines are widely distributed among the people who are active.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that we could potentially see an uptick in death and cases before they plummet, on the theory that we'd start opening back up when a minority are vaccinated, and the 5 percent "non-effectiveness" in a mobile world would be a greater risk than what people face in the restrictions.

However, if it's all going to the assisted living places, the deaths should plummet quickly before the restrictions are lifted. So I think we'll see big declines in deaths, a slight uptick in cases as the restrictions rise, and then a big drop in cases as the vaccinations become more widespread.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:48 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
As I think about this, we're vaccinating the most vulnerable first, but they're also the least likely to spread it. The restrictions will not (and should not) change until the vaccines are widely distributed among the people who are active.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that we could potentially see an uptick in death and cases before they plummet, on the theory that we'd start opening back up when a minority are vaccinated, and the 5 percent "non-effectiveness" in a mobile world would be a greater risk than what people face in the restrictions.

However, if it's all going to the assisted living places, the deaths should plummet quickly before the restrictions are lifted. So I think we'll see big declines in deaths, a slight uptick in cases as the restrictions rise, and then a big drop in cases as the vaccinations become more widespread.
Well i suggest you start a GoFundMe for the people who can't pay their bills because of said restrictions.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:48 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

I highly doubt the behaviors of those who are refraining from doing anything "high risk" will change until they get themselves get vaccinated.

And even then this is also the type of person who is most likely to decide that "high risk" activities aren't worth it even with a vaccine, so..
[Reply]
kgrund 01:49 PM 12-08-2020
Fauci is saying 75%-80% need to be vaccinated. I don't have a problem with the vaccine but when half the country is reluctant, like I said, this is going to be the next political battle.
Despite strong evidence of its existence, in Fauci's world, T cell immunity does not exist.
[Reply]
Donger 01:50 PM 12-08-2020
"I hate these restrictions!!! I'm not going to wear a damn mask! I want everything opened up!!"

"Great, me too. If you get vaccinated, all of that goes away."

"I'm not taking any damn vaccine!!"

There's just no pleasing some people.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:51 PM 12-08-2020
Well i suggest you start a GoFundMe for the people who can't pay their bills because of said restrictions.
Look off in the distance. On the horizon. My point is over there.

[Reply]
petegz28 01:53 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Despite strong evidence of its existence, in Fauci's world, T cell immunity does not exist.
Yeah, this seems to be a rather myopic view by Fauci, imo. For the most part the high risk people are the ones that need to be vaccinated. Once the largest group of people who are dying are vaccinated then, yeah, this does start heading towards more of a flu type scenario. Why we need 80% of the people to be injected before we start feeling "safe"doesn't seem to be supported by anything we have seen thus far.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:53 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I highly doubt the behaviors of those who are refraining from doing anything "high risk" will change until they get themselves get vaccinated.

And even then this is also the type of person who is most likely to decide that "high risk" activities aren't worth it even with a vaccine, so..
Actually, I'm saying that the people who get vaccinated will still have a 5 percent vulnerability if they go back to normal, which may be higher than their current vulnerability if they're staying home. So the vaccinated people may actually produce an uptick in cases.

As more people get vaccinated, that 5 percent will go down to a miniscule amount as the spread lowers, so it's really an early adopter problem.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:54 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
"I hate these restrictions!!! I'm not going to wear a damn mask! I want everything opened up!!"

"Great, me too. If you get vaccinated, all of that goes away."

"I'm not taking any damn vaccine!!"

There's just no pleasing some people.
You really just proved the argument I was making. It isn't about "pleasing" people, Donger. Though I am not shocked that's how you see it.
[Reply]
Page 3255 of 3903
« First < 2255275531553205324532513252325332543255 32563257325832593265330533553755 > Last »
Up