Page 28 of 68
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
kcclone 10:14 PM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Some of these perennial doormat teams like the Jets should be willing to give up anything needed to get it done.
Problem is if you’re the Jets, you have to give up so much you can’t build a decent team around him.

That’s the problem with not drafting your QB. If you have to trade for a good one, you’re f***ed.

If you’re a good team like SF, you’re going to have to either trade the future, or part of your defense to get him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:02 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Punwit:
I don't disagree with most of your post but, I am skeptical that Watson would be able to pull off Jet Wasp and the rest of our comeback vs the Niners. Fading back to lurking now.
No one said he could have. he doesn't have the kind of arm strength to throw the ball 60 yards off his back foot. He can throw the ball 50+ if he can step into it.

But could he orchestrate some kind of a comeback, just in a different way? He has the talent. It just would've looked different.

And no one, least of all me, is saying Watson is on par with Mahomes. Just because some of us think Watson is a top-5 QB doesn't mean we think Watson=Mahomes. Why do you think that's what we're saying? All I'm saying is that Watson is definitely a franchise QB, capable of taking a good team and making them better.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:15 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
No kidding. Name the last elite QB to win 4 fucking games in a year.
Brett Favre. 4-12, 2005.

Aaron Rodgers. 6-9-1, 2018.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:22 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Brett Favre. 4-12, 2005.

Aaron Rodgers. 6-9-1, 2018.
Lol 36 year old Brett Favre? Find an elite QB in there prime that only won 4 games.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:25 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No one said he could have. he doesn't have the kind of arm strength to throw the ball 60 yards off his back foot. He can throw the ball 50+ if he can step into it.

But could he orchestrate some kind of a comeback, just in a different way? He has the talent. It just would've looked different.

And no one, least of all me, is saying Watson is on par with Mahomes. Just because some of us think Watson is a top-5 QB doesn't mean we think Watson=Mahomes. Why do you think that's what we're saying? All I'm saying is that Watson is definitely a franchise QB, capable of taking a good team and making them better.
Watson couldn't have orchestrated that comeback. That motherfucker couldn't even keep his team from losing a 24 point lead.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:51 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lol 36 year old Brett Favre? Find an elite QB in there prime that only won 4 games.
Peyton Manning says hi. The Colts were 3-13 in his rookie season.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:26 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think he gets traded in the end. I’ll guess Miami.
Honestly, I hope he holds out and forces a trade, even if the Texans fine him and try to get part of the signing bonus back. If the Texans go that route, their fans will hate the team and new coach and GM even more than they do now.

I decided that I wanted him to hold out and force a trade after hearing their new head coach's press conference. Culley declared that Watson was and would be the Texans QB, without even having a conversation with him. The new GM told Culley that they were not trading Watson, and this 65 year old asshole decided that he didn't even need to have a conversation with his team's would be franchise QB.

For some reason that just pisses me off, and I don't even give a F about Watson or the Texans. How can you be 65, and deemed more qualified than Eric Bienemy to be a head coach, and you didn't even have a discussion with the player you are going to rely on to run your offense?

That move, to me, just tells me that he doesn't care about developing a relationship with Watson, because he is just going to rely on the fact that he believes Watson has no choice but to play for the Texans, and no power to change that fact.

I hope Watson holds out, forces a trade, and when Culley has back to back 4 win seasons without Watson, I hope Watson gives an interview and says he would have stayed if the Texans had hired Bienemy.

After the way the owner, new GM, the power hungry Christian zealot, and new Head Coach handled this entire situation, they deserve to be bottom dwellers for the next two decades.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
mkp785 03:46 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Honestly, I hope he holds out and forces a trade, even if the Texans fine him and try to get part of the signing bonus back. If the Texans go that route, their fans will hate the team and new coach and GM even more than they do now.

I decided that I wanted him to hold out and force a trade after hearing their new head coach's press conference. Culley declared that Watson was and would be the Texans QB, without even having a conversation with him. The new GM told Culley that they were not trading Watson, and this 65 year old asshole decided that he didn't even need to have a conversation with his team's would be franchise QB.

For some reason that just pisses me off, and I don't even give a F about Watson or the Texans. How can you be 65, and deemed more qualified than Eric Bienemy to be a head coach, and you didn't even have a discussion with the player you are going to rely on to run your offense?

That move, to me, just tells me that he doesn't care about developing a relationship with Watson, because he is just going to rely on the fact that he believes Watson has no choice but to play for the Texans, and no power to change that fact.

I hope Watson holds out, forces a trade, and when Culley has back to back 4 win seasons without Watson, I hope Watson gives an interview and says he would have stayed if the Texans had hired Bienemy.

After the way the owner, new GM, the power hungry Christian zealot, and new Head Coach handled this entire situation, they deserve to be bottom dwellers for the next two decades.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
This. I'll add that every singe KC fan reading this right now would offer the sun and moon and everything below it for a chance to trade for him if we didn't have #15 playing for us. 5 years ago there would be a 2000 post Watson thread ALREADY if someone like him was available before we drafted Mahomes.

Some you have insanely short memories and no frame of reference. Watson is a franchise QB in every possible sense of the word. Kyler Murray and Josh Allen can't lace that dudes shoes on their best day.

Seattle and Kansas City. There, I just named the only 2 teams in the league that wouldn't trade their starter for Watson. That's it. That's the list. I'm including 2020 NFL MVP Aaron Rodgers in there. GB says yes to that deal and figures out the fan anger later.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:52 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Peyton Manning says hi. The Colts were 3-13 in his rookie season.
As if that's the same thing either. He wasn't in his prime or even an established QB.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:04 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
This. I'll add that every singe KC fan reading this right now would offer the sun and moon and everything below it for a chance to trade for him if we didn't have #15 playing for us. 5 years ago there would be a 2000 post Watson thread ALREADY if someone like him was available before we drafted Mahomes.

Some you have insanely short memories and no frame of reference. Watson is a franchise QB in every possible sense of the word. Kyler Murray and Josh Allen can't lace that dudes shoes on their best day.

Seattle and Kansas City. There, I just named the only 2 teams in the league that wouldn't trade their starter for Watson. That's it. That's the list. I'm including 2020 NFL MVP Aaron Rodgers in there. GB says yes to that deal and figures out the fan anger later.
There were tons of idiots here excited to get Alex Smith and didn't want to let Mahomes take over cuz to them all Alex needed was more weapons, a better line, a better D, or Andy was limiting him. Watson would be Alex Smith here with better numbers, but never any wins that mattered. If we had Watson instead of Mahomes there'd still be idiots acting like Reid needed to go and we'd get all those same fucking excuses we heard with Alex.

SB winning QBs don't lose 24 point playoff leads.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 05:54 AM 01-30-2021
Watson, no matter what you think of his ability. Paired with the right coaches, could wipe dried egg off alot of sad ass franchises
[Reply]
TEX 06:13 AM 01-30-2021
Watson couldn't have orchestrated that comeback. That mother****er couldn't even keep his team from losing a 24 point lead.
That's more of a reflection on BOB than Watson.
[Reply]
TEX 06:14 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint:
Watson, no matter what you think of his ability. Paired with the right coaches, could wipe dried egg off alot of sad ass franchises
Exactly the case.
[Reply]
-King- 06:27 AM 01-30-2021
There were tons of idiots here excited to get Alex Smith and didn't want to let Mahomes take over cuz to them all Alex needed was more weapons, a better line, a better D, or Andy was limiting him. Watson would be Alex Smith here with better numbers, but never any wins that mattered. If we had Watson instead of Mahomes there'd still be idiots acting like Reid needed to go and we'd get all those same fucking excuses we heard with Alex.

SB winning QBs don't lose 24 point playoff leads.
This is like saying SB winning QBs don't score 0 points in the first half like Mahomes did. It's a stupid as fuck point based on 1 game. Give him Reid and our weapons and our defense and he doesn't lose that lead. No he's not as good as Mahomes but to act like no other qb can win the superbowl is dumb.

Find me any elite QB and I can find an arbitrary game that shows they "can't win the superbowl".
[Reply]
Coogs 07:36 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Problem is if you’re the Jets, you have to give up so much you can’t build a decent team around him.

That’s the problem with not drafting your QB. If you have to trade for a good one, you’re f***ed.

If you’re a good team like SF, you’re going to have to either trade the future, or part of your defense to get him.
Jets could trade both #1's this year, one of their #1's next year, and Darnold. I don't know that the Texans can do any better than that either. Watson has them over the barrel to a certain extent. That still leaves them plenty of draft capital and cap space to add quite a few pieces.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 68
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up