ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 142 of 185
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drink of choice tonight? PART DEUX
scho63 02:50 PM 08-20-2014
The original thread has been locked so here we go again! :-)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490

============================================

My brother turned me onto this wine and it's a great Sauvignon Blanc for $10
Attached: JG.jpg (74.8 KB) 
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:41 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Thinking Elijah Craig for the weekend
get the gift box with the Old Fashioned Syrup in it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:06 PM 12-11-2020
I'll check it out. Love this time of the year all the extra shit they include with the bottle is free atleast here in MO idk what the laws are like in other states.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:53 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
get the gift box with the Old Fashioned Syrup in it.
This.

I’m hearing great things on that.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:10 PM 12-11-2020
Teremana Reposado Tequila
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:11 PM 12-12-2020
Decided to indulge my inner beer snob today, grabbed a sixer of random brands at the package store and I'm wondering if I chose well... any thoughts on these?

Victory Hop Devil IPA
Founders Mosaic Promise Single hop Ale
Destihl Hefeweizen Ale
Blind Pig Hazy India Pale Ale
Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
Dead Guy Ale Rogue
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:33 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Decided to indulge my inner beer snob today, grabbed a sixer of random brands at the package store and I'm wondering if I chose well... any thoughts on these?

Victory Hop Devil IPA
Destihl Hefeweizen Ale
Dead Guy Ale Rogue
Destihl Hefeweizen Ale -- Never heard of it and not rated all that great.
Dead Guy Ale Rogue -- I really liked it back when I drank that style more often.
Blind Pig Hazy India Pale Ale -- Never heard of it.
Founders Mosaic Promise Single hop Ale -- Never had it, but Founders makes some great beer (and this one is highly rated)
Victory Hop Devil IPA -- Haven't tried it, but might have to, it's highly rated.
Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA -- It's the standard for IPAs... in these days of trying to stand out with creative and over the top beer, it's the "back to basics", and you can't go wrong here.

My beer snob 2¢ is to drink them in this order if it's all in one sitting... the hopyness of the later beers could kill the flavor of the less hoppy/lesser beers, with the possible exception of drinking the Founders later.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:34 PM 12-12-2020

Victory Hop Devil IPA
Destihl Hefeweizen Ale
Dead Guy Ale Rogue
Solid choices, no doubt.

One piece of advice (apologies if you do this already), especially regarding anything heavily hopped like an IPA or Pale Ale. Always check the packaged or best by dates on the bottle/cans, which can be difficult if buying singles as you're dependant on the brewery properly stamping them. I try not to mess with hoppy beers over 60 days since it was packaged, especially if its not stored in the cooler.

Beer gets old and some stores let them sit around until they sell, especially the mix pack singles bottle/cans section.

EDIT: Destihl is in Normal. Dosvidanya and its variants are legit IL stouts. Never had the Hefe
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:44 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Destihl Hefeweizen Ale -- Never heard of it and not rated all that great.
Dead Guy Ale Rogue -- I really liked it back when I drank that style more often.
Blind Pig Hazy India Pale Ale -- Never heard of it.
Founders Mosaic Promise Single hop Ale -- Never had it, but Founders makes some great beer (and this one is highly rated)
Victory Hop Devil IPA -- Haven't tried it, but might have to, it's highly rated.
Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA -- It's the standard for IPAs... in these days of trying to stand out with creative and over the top beer, it's the "back to basics", and you can't go wrong here.

My beer snob 2¢ is to drink them in this order if it's all in one sitting... the hopyness of the later beers could kill the flavor of the less hoppy/lesser beers, with the possible exception of drinking the Founders later.
Thanks, I will follow your recommendation on the order... was actually planning on doing the Hefeweizen first anyway, as I definitely like that creamy style

Blind Pig is a local brewery in Champaign, Il... named after a once famous music venue there

Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Solid choices, no doubt.

One piece of advice (apologies if you do this already), especially regarding anything heavily hopped like an IPA or Pale Ale. Always check the packaged or best by dates on the bottle/cans, which can be difficult if buying singles as you're dependant on the brewery properly stamping them. I try not to mess with hoppy beers over 60 days since it was packaged, especially if its not stored in the cooler.

Beer gets old and some stores let them sit around until they sell, especially the mix pack singles bottle/cans section.
More good advice, because it never occurred to me to check dates... I do have a basic grasp of what the different styles are all about, but am definitely a neophyte when it comes to craft beer protocol

Haven't checked yet, but will soon... its certainly likely my hoppy choices are past the "best by" date
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:56 PM 12-12-2020
Thanks, I will follow your recommendation on the order... was actually planning on doing the Hefeweizen first anyway, as I definitely like that creamy style

Blind Pig is a local brewery in Champaign, Il... named after a once famous music venue there

More good advice, because it never occurred to me to check dates... I do have a basic grasp of what the different styles are all about, but am definitely a neophyte when it comes to craft beer protocol

Haven't checked yet, but will soon... its certainly likely my hoppy choices are past the "best by" date
Dates can be a bit of a pain, especially with the mix 6 section as there is no standardization breweries are required to follow

Date stamps can get smudged, or wear off
Some are just hard to read
Some stamp the box the beer comes in, so when its broken down into individual bottles/cans they may not even have a date
Some do a package date, some do a drink by date
Some are formatted different and can look like gibberish
Some skip it altogether

Makes it hard for exploratory drinkers which is a shame but there's costs involved with dating packages, etc. So I get it a bit but it can be frustrating

Either way, hope you enjoy them
[Reply]
RedRaider56 04:31 PM 12-12-2020
Having a Spicy Hard Seltzer called Ranch Water
Agave tequila, sparkling water, lime juice and jalapeno juice
So gooooodddd
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:22 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Having a Spicy Hard Seltzer called Ranch Water
Agave tequila, sparkling water, lime juice and jalapeno juice
So gooooodddd
This sounds incredible... light but snappy, thats just good mixology
[Reply]
RedRaider56 05:37 PM 12-12-2020
This sounds incredible... light but snappy, thats just good mixology

I will tell you it hits the spot without being overpowering.
The jalapeño really tops it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:58 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
I will tell you it hits the spot without being overpowering.
The jalapeño really tops it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm doing it asap, need a break from the same old beer and vodka rut anyway... exactly how do you do it?

I'm thinking the Saints game would be a great time to bust this out
[Reply]
RedRaider56 06:51 PM 12-12-2020
I'm doing it asap, need a break from the same old beer and vodka rut anyway... exactly how do you do it?

I'm thinking the Saints game would be a great time to bust this out
I buy it as a canned hard seltzer, but here are a couple of recipes for you.
They are very similar. One with jalapeno, one without

https://therealfashionista.com/recip...-drink-recipe/

https://www.acouplecooks.com/ranch-water/
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:29 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Solid choices, no doubt.

EDIT: Destihl is in Normal. Dosvidanya and its variants are legit IL stouts. Never had the Hefe

Earlier this summer a good friend of mine who had moved out of the area came back for the weekend with a box full of beer he was excited to give me and drink over the weekend. Some Apex Predator and a few other Off Color beers along with some hard to find Prairie Artisan beers.

He found them in some little liquor store in Texarkana TX while there for a day.

I shit you not they were all 3+ years old and mostly undrinkable.

He had some good pickins too. Not sure if you have ever heard of Prison Rodeo which is a coffee IPA from Prairie but damn its a fantastic beer and they have only made it few times.

I don't know that I can describe what a 2+ year old coffee IPA tastes like but it was terribad. :-)
[Reply]
Page 142 of 185
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152 > Last »
Up