ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 32
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
Couch-Potato 08:07 AM 02-14-2024
What do you guys think about the new ballpark?

ESPN:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:21 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Big empty buildings are great for a city?

And keep caring less, I suppose.
Big empty buildings like the KC Star Mausoleum? I'm not going to tell people to be in favor of supplying funding through taxation for a team that has newly changed owners without any sort of competitive guarantee, but any kind of a new stadium for the Royals or the Chiefs is going to cost money that will be passed onto the fans at some point. It's almost inevitable, and we don't want to become St. Louis when it's all said and done.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:38 AM 02-14-2024
Enjoyed the suburbanite and boomer comments on FB yesterday... traffic and congestion nightmares, one way streets, cats and dogs living together, won't ever attend another game ever!!!

Hell, it took me an hour and a half to get out of WS game 7 in 2014 and at least an hour to get out of the 2021 AFCCG.... downtown won't be any worse than that.

The one hope though is managing the flow of people and vehicle traffic... Sprint Center events have been annoying in the past because they funnel everyone right in front of the parking garages where no one can leave due to all the foot traffic. Just a little bit of thought towards managing that and traffic lights and so forth would go a long way.
[Reply]
scho63 09:42 AM 02-14-2024
I'm a huge fan of smaller baseball stadiums in downtown areas. Works great. Shared for other things like concerts or motor bike or bike or skateboard events.

35-40K max seating.

Gotta have some mass transit to and from to support.
[Reply]
Eureka 09:45 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
The parking question has to be answered because cities with downtown ballparks either have better mass transit than KC or have some sort of parking facilities that can handle the crowds... in most cases, both.
A parking garage connected to the stadium will probably be necessary.

Image: Not Safe for Work

[Reply]
nychief 09:49 AM 02-14-2024
Ha. KC Residents will never not worry about parking and free refills, nothing ever changes.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:52 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:
Ha. KC Residents will never not worry about parking and free refills, nothing ever changes.
No tailgating and a much greater difficulty getting to the stadium seem like issues lots of normal people will care about. :-)
[Reply]
loochy 09:58 AM 02-14-2024
I'd rather they pour some money into the team and get at least a competitive team out there. This is like lipstick on a pig
[Reply]
Katipan 09:58 AM 02-14-2024
It revitalized Denver.
Be mad, I'm just saying.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:59 AM 02-14-2024
Voting No
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:01 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Voting No
The sales tax vote includes funding for the Chiefs as well... you are voting no to Mahomes?
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:02 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
I'd rather they pour some money into the team and get at least a competitive team out there. This is like lipstick on a pig
Do taxpayers typically vote to send money for player salaries to sports teams?
[Reply]
loochy 10:04 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Do taxpayers typically vote to send money for player salaries to sports teams?

i would

get some damn hitting in here
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:08 AM 02-14-2024
As an out of towner this is great as I typically stay in the Crossroads anyway

As a resident it would be nice if there were more transit options but baby steps I guess

Depending on how the footprint shakes out I do feel for some of the potential impact on businesses. The Crossroads has done a really good job of developing itself in a non-commercial way. It would suck to lose that vibe but that typically means it'll develop in another part of the city
[Reply]
Bwana 10:09 AM 02-14-2024
As long as they bring along the George Brett statue, so the ass kicking can continue, it's all good!

[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:18 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I feel like it's good for the image of the city in the national scale, just like the new airport was something overdue, that section of downtown KC needs some work. It's the hub of travel through downtown, but it's been the same since I was a kid. I feel bad for the businesses that will be bought out or moved, but we need to stop pretending this is being done for the Royals in anyway shape or form. I could care less about the Royals getting a new ballpark, but what it does for the city I think needs to be done sooner or later.
I think this is the right answer.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 32
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up