ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 770 of 791
« First < 270670720760766767768769770 771772773774780 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:44 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

It’s all on Veach and Andy and it won’t be easy.
If they are targeting Clark...you have to believe Spagnuolo is driving that trade. He's had a few months to analyze to horror show that was the Chiefs 2018 defense.

I'm sure I've mentioned this but only 3 of the top 10 teams in sacks made the post season. NE was #29 in sacks per snap. The trend is interior pressure due to QBs getting the ball out quick.

Is an $18 million DE as important as fortifying the middle of the back-end? Would that money/pick be better served on CB/FS and fast LBs?

Chiefs dont need the best defense in the NFL...they just have be serviceable.

I'm also of the belief that high priced FA rarely return on the investment...both Watkins and Hitchens weren't worth half of what they were paid. Berry and Houston were financial busts...Schwartz is about the only player that lived up to his pay.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:44 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Jay Glazer is #1 and it's not even close.
For sure. I don’t think he’s ever gotten anything wrong. He even said himself that he doesn’t put out a lot of reports unless it’s 100% something that’s gonna happen
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:45 PM 04-22-2019
Our LBs should be set. Our DT are set. Could use another DE and a CB and a safety
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:47 PM 04-22-2019

"Would I (trade for Frank Clark) if I was the #Chiefs? I think I would... You're in the window right now when you have the QB on his rookie deal. This is when you have to take your swing." - @AlbertBreer on #TheDrive. pic.twitter.com/Bu75O7rBm9

— 610 Sports Radio (@610SportsKC) April 22, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:47 PM 04-22-2019
Breer says Clark’s contract will be similar to Demarcus Lawrence
[Reply]
O.city 01:50 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Breer says Clark’s contract will be similar to Demarcus Lawrence
Which is basically a 3 year deal with an escape after year 3.
[Reply]
O.city 01:56 PM 04-22-2019
Usually, if a team is saying they want this or that compensation wise, they aren't getting the offers they want.

So i'm gonna say it takes 29 only.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:57 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
If they are targeting Clark...you have to believe Spagnuolo is driving that trade. He's had a few months to analyze to horror show that was the Chiefs 2018 defense.

I'm sure I've mentioned this but only 3 of the top 10 teams in sacks made the post season. NE was #29 in sacks per snap. The trend is interior pressure due to QBs getting the ball out quick.

Is an $18 million DE as important as fortifying the middle of the back-end? Would that money/pick be better served on CB/FS and fast LBs?

Chiefs dont need the best defense in the NFL...they just have be serviceable.

I'm also of the belief that high priced FA rarely return on the investment...both Watkins and Hitchens weren't worth half of what they were paid. Berry and Houston were financial busts...Schwartz is about the only player that lived up to his pay.
I agree but the draft doesn’t have a high quality corner this year except possibly Murphy. FA doesn’t either.

I think they would ideally like to get Clark and take a DB with our first pick.

As for deals working out, there have been quite a few that people don’t talk about. Fisher has been on the field and decent, Kelce was a great signing, so was Schwartz.

I don’t mind any deal Veach has given out bc they are either short deals we can get out of or they aren’t for a lot of money. The problem with Berry and Houston’s deals was the length of contract and inability to get out.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:58 PM 04-22-2019
Also when it comes to contracts lets remember something, cap numbers will dramatically change in 2 years when the strike/lockout happens, that needs to be thought about.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:01 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Or hell, Clark/Jones/Nnadi/Okafor
I think they plan to kick Speaks inside on obvious passing downs, replacing Nnadi.

Then they have Clark (if traded for) and Okafor/Ogbah for the edges.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:03 PM 04-22-2019
Veach said last week that he likes the CB depth into the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Could trade 29 for Clark and take CB in round 2.
[Reply]
bricks 02:04 PM 04-22-2019
29th pick is pretty reasonable. Its kind of like an early 2nd rounder.

Frank Clark is better than Dee Ford and we got an early 2nd for Dee Ford.

Im 50/50 on this. Im confident in Clarks abilities as a pass rusher but the history of domestic violence cases is concerning.

If they can’t get a better DLmen or pass rusher than Clark in the draft, pull the trigger and make the move provided that it only costs us a late 1st. But if Seattle wants extra picks on top (ie, one of 2nds either this year or next) I wouldn’t do it.

We still got some holes to fill and some depth issues. I think we can’t afford to give up too much compensation at the expense of not addressing other teams needs.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:05 PM 04-22-2019
Frank Clark fetching Khalil Mack-type trade compensation?

FUCK. THAT.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:06 PM 04-22-2019
Chiefs need to play hard ball...no team with a surplus of cash is picking in the bottom of the 1st...except maybe the Raiders. No team is going to give them a high 1st rounder and take on that contract either.

Offer them your #29/cap relief for their 2nd...it's a bad year to be peddling a $90 million DE with issues.

Never mind...they dont have a 2nd this year.

I would stand my ground...the closer the draft gets, the more the pressure is on them to get something in return.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:07 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Frank Clark fetching Khalil Mack-type trade compensation?

FUCK. THAT.
I don't really see 2 1sts here....

Are you confident that the Chiefs are going to find a good starter at 29? In a draft where I keep seeing people say there are about 20 first round prospects.
[Reply]
Page 770 of 791
« First < 270670720760766767768769770 771772773774780 > Last »
Up