ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 220 of 791
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230270320720 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:27 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Rap sheet talking about the holdup being contract guaranteed money in Green Bay. So if they’ve gotten that far, wouldn’t that be a pretty good sign it gets done?
He didn’t say that it WAS the holdup. He said it COULD be a holdup if we traded Ford to the Packers.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:27 PM 03-10-2019
Rap sheet talking about the holdup being contract guaranteed money in Green Bay. So if they’ve gotten that far, wouldn’t that be a pretty good sign it gets done?
His agent is the same as Bells. He held out for the whole season
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:27 PM 03-10-2019
Ford is on record saying he has no problem playing on the tag. We dont know if contract is an issue, he seems willing to bet on himself, gotta respect that in a player.
I cant help but think Green Bay would be willing to give #30 up for a proven premium pass rusher. They need to win now with Rodgers getting older. They wont have to wait and see if their pick at 30 turns out to be something. They also have another first round pick so its not like they are giving up their first round.
They hired a coach that absolutely loves Ford. They need to generate a pass rush badly. They were in on Khalil Mack so they have been looking for a proven pass rush. This just makes sense.

Also, the thought of having two 1s and two 2s is incredible to think about.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:29 PM 03-10-2019
I think that’s a pretty big deal with a team like Green Bay. they don’t just hand out money like NY or the Rams, they’re a lot more conservative from that standpoint.

It could cause a deal to fall apart, for sure.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:32 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:
I think that’s a pretty big deal with a team like Green Bay. they don’t just hand out money like NY or the Rams, they’re a lot more conservative from that standpoint.

It could cause a deal to fall apart, for sure.
Sure, but it's promising that it's gotten this far. It means the part the Chiefs are responsible for has likely already been agreed to.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:40 PM 03-10-2019
Just take the second fuck it
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:07 PM 03-10-2019

On #Seahawks pass-rusher Frank Clark: He won’t be signing his franchise tag or showing up to training camp unless the Seahawks give him the deal that he has earned, I’m told. If they don’t, they’ll only have him for another 16 games... when other top FAs are up, too.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 10, 2019

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:22 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Just take the second fuck it
This. Fuck trying to be crafty, just get the pick and get out.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:26 PM 03-10-2019
By the way, I LOVE Landon Collins.

But the more I look at the FA safety list, there are a lot of upgrades there.

Does Tre Boston cost half as much? If so, you have to do that, don't you? Much better value, right?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:28 PM 03-10-2019
Wonder what the deal is on our tender level players? Haven’t heard of any yet being exercised
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:33 PM 03-10-2019
Rapoport just now named the Chiefs as a team expected to do things in the safety market depending on ‘if they do something with Eric Berry’.... :-)

I can’t get a feel for what their plan is with him at all.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:34 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
By the way, I LOVE Landon Collins.

But the more I look at the FA safety list, there are a lot of upgrades there.

Does Tre Boston cost half as much? If so, you have to do that, don't you? Much better value, right?
Probably why we haven't heard much on that front. All of a sudden, the market got YUGE. Veach and Spags are weighing the options.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:36 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Rapoport just now named the Chiefs as a team expected to do things in the safety market depending on ‘if they do something with Eric Berry’.... :-)

I can’t get a feel for what their plan is with him at all.
If we don’t sign a safety because of fucking Berry it’ll be a fucking travesty and it’ll show that this team has learned nothing.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:37 PM 03-10-2019
There are so many unknown factors in play here too. Nate Taylor says that the Chiefs like Armani Watts a lot internally, so if they see him as a potential starter at FS, they probably won’t feel too inclined to spend on someone like Boston. But maybe they aren’t that confident in Watts, who really knows.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:41 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
There are so many unknown factors in play here too. Nate Taylor says that the Chiefs like Armani Watts a lot internally, so if they see him as a potential starter at FS, they probably won’t feel too inclined to spend on someone like Boston. But maybe they aren’t that confident in Watts, who really knows.
I'd like to see more from Watts myself. Their decision on what to do with FA Safety market being tied to EB isn't a surprise at all, either.
[Reply]
Page 220 of 791
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230270320720 > Last »
Up