ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 70
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:01 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Episodes 1-4 were the first act, 5-6 the second act, and 7-9 are the final act.

These next 3 weeks are gonna be amazing.

Spoiler!
This is a great idea, too.
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
:-)

Man, the writing in this show is off the charts. There's a lot of shit here that would seem like forced Deus-Ex Machina BS if they didn't handle it juuuuust right, but they do a great job of making it all plausible.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:08 PM 03-23-2023
the nerds really worked overtime :-)

A golden Vulcan shuttle (from TMP) is seen on Geordi's desk in his office at the Starfleet Museum in behind the scenes material from #StarTrekPicard's "The Bounty"↖️. A silver version of the model also appears in "Too Short a Season"↗️, "Symbiosis"↙️ and "The Dauphin"↘️. pic.twitter.com/cIxjMXQ7lc

— Jörg Hillebrand (@gaghyogi49) March 23, 2023

[Reply]
Fish 09:08 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Spoiler!
LOLWUT?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:12 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
LOLWUT?
they're ripping good yarns....at one point the borg outfit the enterprise-A with borg tech and it becomes a fucking demon :-)

book starts with a cube beaming up his remains from veridian III :-)

[Reply]
Fish 09:23 PM 03-23-2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:24 PM 03-23-2023

Shatner is a great author. I think all Trek fans would enjoy his novels.

He wrote at least two more about Kirk :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 09:30 PM 03-23-2023
LOLWUT?
I read the first one. Don't remember much about it other than not being very impressed, and an ending featuring
Spoiler!

And no, I really don't feel it's necessary to spoiler the contents of a fairly mundane book published 25 years ago. I think that anybody inclined to read it would have done so by now. But I also think Clay is still butthurt about the Ro Laren thing, so I'll play nice. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:32 PM 03-23-2023
actually makes me want to re-read that entire series, because i remember my visceral reaction was 'this is way better than generations'

which might have been shatner's impetus...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:37 PM 03-23-2023
excellent idea

home run idea

keep the post-TNG storyline going

https://trekmovie.com/2023/03/23/pic...-spinoff-idea/

Originally Posted by :
The third and final season of Star Trek: Picard has moved into its second half today with the release of episode 6 and you can already see the seeds of a potential spinoff series forming. And some of the actors on the show are talking more about this possibility, with the showrunner confirming what he would call this new show.

La Forge family is ready for spinoff
LeVar Burton made his first appearance on Star Trek: Picard in the episode that dropped today on Paramount+. To promote the show, the actor went on The View with his daughter Mica (Alandra La Forge). Host (and TNG veteran) Whoopi Goldberg brought up how fans are calling for a Picard spinoff series that would include legacy characters like Geordi La Forge along with new characters like Alandra and Sidney. The Burtons were supportive of the idea, saying they were “down” for a spinoff. Burton summarized:

What the writers have done is they have really set it up well. You have got the next generation of The Next Generation. The La Forge sisters, one’s an engineer, the other’s a pilot. We’ve got Jack Crusher, Seven of Nine. It makes a whole lot of sense.

[Reply]
Fish 10:01 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I read the first one. Don't remember much about it other than not being very impressed, and an ending featuring
Spoiler!

And no, I really don't feel it's necessary to spoiler the contents of a fairly mundane book published 25 years ago. I think that anybody inclined to read it would have done so by now. But I also think Clay is still butthurt about the Ro Laren thing, so I'll play nice. :-)
Appreciated. I thought there must have been a good reason that I hadn't heard of it. Thanks.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:57 PM 03-23-2023
no fucking way

A small statue of Zefram Cochrane is seen on Geordi's desk in his office at the Starfleet Museum in behind the scenes material from #StarTrekPicard's "The Bounty"↗️. This is a callback to the statue he mentions in "Star Trek: First Contact"↙️↘️. The statue was first seen as a… pic.twitter.com/kmyRSRh2zl

— Jörg Hillebrand (@gaghyogi49) March 23, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:20 AM 03-24-2023
LMFAO

It was wonderful to speak to the legendary #DanielDavis about his return as Professor James Moriarty in #StarTrekPicard season 3, and how he's brilliantly convinced millions of people for decades that he's British. (He's from Arkansas!) ��https://t.co/NEOYbDMI3C

— John Orquiola (@BackoftheHead) March 23, 2023

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:39 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That may have been the most ultimate fan service episode of any show to have ever attempted to fan service before. And I loved it all.

Spoiler!

As you said, not quite as amazing or action packed as last week, but still a great, great episode. This season has surpassed my expectations, and I'm glad it has.
Man, the fan service in that episode was off the charts.

Just what I can remember...

Spoiler!
OMG I loved the fan service. Moar please it’s the last few episodes.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:16 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:29 PM 03-24-2023
the screeners are out for 7 and 8 and people are absolutely going nuts about them on twitter

whatever you think we're getting, what we actually get will probably be better
[Reply]
Page 57 of 70
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Up