ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 63
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>All alex all the time
Easy 6 09:46 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I'd like to get those two really rolling together like Atlanta uses Freeman and Coleman. Just a couple of well balanced runners who run hard as hell and can catch the ball.

This team is going to need a top notch run game to make an AFC Championship under Alex Smith in 2017, along with a top notch defense. Now, if Mahomes becomes as good as many including myself think he could be, it's a whole new level for the Chiefs. The offense could become something it hasn't been in nearly 15 years.
I honestly dont see our guys being quite as dynamic as Atlantas duo

But what our guys lack in explosiveness, they should be be able to make up for with with a grinding, wear you down, kill the clock style... provided Ehingers return is the cure for what ailed us last year

What Alex Smith brings this year, I have no clue... tempted to expect the same old shit because thats how he has mostly played for his entire career

But maybe, just maybe, the writing on the wall spurs him to reach outside of himself and he tries to MAKE plays for once... 'good' Smiff can approach dynamic, we'll see

The pressure will either make him wilt, or make him show off

If he decides to grab his balls, we could have a great year
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:38 PM 05-13-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Favre had a 4 win and an 8 win season right after Rodgers was drafted. If Smith wins 11-12 and gets us deep into the playoffs, there is no way in hell Mahomes takes over in 2018. Absolutely not.
That is one massive, massive if there in bold.

Smith needs a Pro Bowl caliber season to stay alive here. Legitimate Pro Bowl, not alternate.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 01:38 PM 05-13-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
How many 22 year olds have "taken over" teams that have consistently won double digit games for five consecutive years and continued that streak?

Dorsey was with Green Bay when Rodgers sat for 3 full years.

They're not going to rush Mahomes, nor should they.
:-)
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 01:39 PM 05-13-2017
That is one massive, massive if there in bold.

Smith needs a Pro Bowl caliber season to stay alive here. Legitimate Pro Bowl, not alternate.
There is no question he is progressing in this offense despite the huge decline in Maclin last season during that mental funk he went thru

QBR 50-> 56-> 61-> 63.4 (ranked 11th in the league)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:40 PM 05-13-2017
For those who keep pointing to the Rodgers/Favre thing.... what proof do you have that Rodgers wouldn't have been just as good if he started in his 2nd year? I mean, really?

It isn't his fault that he had an elite QB in front of him.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:42 PM 05-13-2017
There is no question he is progressing in this offense despite the huge decline in Maclin last season during that mental funk he went thru

I don't care what his QBR is, he couldn't muster more than 1 TD per game last season. He failed to put up more than 16 points against a mediocre Pittsburgh defense, at home, coming off a bye.

There are no excuses for that.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:42 PM 05-13-2017
Alex Smith was 27th in the NFL in TD passes last year with 15. That is horrendous and a complete waste of money.
[Reply]
Frosty 01:43 PM 05-13-2017
First of all, I think it's dumb to argue whether PM2 can run the offense or not when he hasn't done anything more than throw in rookie minicamp at this point.

That said, McNabb was only a year older than Mahomes and led the Eagles to a 11-5 season and a playoff win during his second season. McNabb wasn't known as being a football genius or anything. Reid just tailored to his strengths, which is what I think he would do if he decides Mahomes is ready, too. He isn't just going to throw the whole playbook at him or make him wait until he knows it inside an out. Reid didn't even do that with Alex the first couple of seasons.

Edit: Also, the is the Hunt thread but it seems like all threads degenerate to a QB thread eventually.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:46 PM 05-13-2017
I will also note that I do think Alex will open up his aggressiveness more than ever this year. He would be a pure moron not to, as the writing is on the wall.

This is likely his last chance to win with a contending team and if he doesn't let his balls hang a little more, he won't even start by December because this team won't be heading for the playoffs.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 01:47 PM 05-13-2017
I don't care what his QBR is, he couldn't muster more than 1 TD per game last season. He failed to put up more than 16 points against a mediocre Pittsburgh defense, at home, coming off a bye.

There are no excuses for that.
Except he swept the division in the process putting the team on his back in thrilling fashion to beat the Chargers and Broncos. **** you and your Pittsburgh game horse shit. our starting field position was garbage because we didn't force punts. Our receivers dropped 5 important passes. West had a boneheaded fumble.

The ignorance is strong with you.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 01:49 PM 05-13-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Alex Smith was 27th in the NFL in TD passes last year with 15. That is horrendous and a complete waste of money.
QBR was 11th in the league. We were the #1 running team in 2015 but dropped to 20th last seasonPretty sure the trade up for Kareem Hunt speaks to what Dorsey perceived as the problem.

So quit acting like you know better than Dorsey.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 01:52 PM 05-13-2017
Completion % : 60 -> 65 -> 65 -> 67
Total Td's: 19 -> 22 -> 20

He's improving and the numbers show it. And he did so the past 2 years playing against a top 5 strength of schedule
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:52 PM 05-13-2017
QBR was 11th in the league. We were the #1 running team in 2015 but dropped to 20th last seasonPretty sure the trade up for Kareem Hunt speaks to what Dorsey perceived as the problem.

1) We were never the #1 running team since Smith has been here. :-)
2) You thought Dorsey knew better than us on Mahomes but we see how that worked out. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 01:54 PM 05-13-2017

:-) Dorsey traded up to get a real talent and get rid of an average QB. Hunt was drafted for now and the future.

I love Dorsey.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:55 PM 05-13-2017
Tiger is so hilarious. QBR will never mean more than points scored. That's what the scoreboard counts you moron.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:55 PM 05-13-2017
Except he swept the division in the process putting the team on his back in thrilling fashion to beat the Chargers and Broncos. **** you and your Pittsburgh game horse shit. our starting field position was garbage because we didn't force punts. Our receivers dropped 5 important passes. West had a boneheaded fumble.

The ignorance is strong with you.
Lets see... so he gets a pass for being complete dog shit in the first 3 quarters of the Chargers and Broncos games because he played well in the fourth? I see, I see.....

Great QBs don't need to make those comebacks because they don't wait until the fourth f**king quarter to drop their balls loose.

The Pittsburgh game was the same f**king thing, but that time he wasn't able to pull off his fourth quarter bullshit. Its great that he played well in the 4th, yeah, but if you suck ass for the first three, it really doesn't matter.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 63
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Up