ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Media Center>Bands you regret not seeing live
backinblack 06:27 AM 07-31-2020
Probably should've seen Bob Seger a couple years back on his retirement tour, I just didn't want to pony up the $120+ for nosebleed tickets.

Was gonna see Doobie Brothers on their 50th Anniversary tour but now that's off, thanks Covid.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:13 AM 07-31-2020
I've been a fan of Deftones for a long time, and every time they come to town I tell myself "I'll see them next time."

One of these days they will be done, and I may regret not going.
[Reply]
Third Eye 09:38 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I've been a fan of Deftones for a long time, and every time they come to town I tell myself "I'll see them next time."

One of these days they will be done, and I may regret not going.
Not trying to rub salt in the wound, but I saw them at Liberty Hall in ‘97 and it was a great show!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:11 AM 07-31-2020
Temple of the Dog
[Reply]
Stryker 10:25 AM 07-31-2020
Pink Floyd
Dio (saw with Black Sabbath)
Scorpions
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:19 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Tom Petty
Stone Temple Pilots (Weiland)
Cornell
Turnpike Troubadours
You didn’t see Turnpike? I thought I remember you making plans to do it.

They were really good man. Not in a rock your face off kind of way, but good in the way that the studio sound didn’t fall apart live. What I took from that is how goddamned good of instrumentalists they were. Despite the booze.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:32 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You didn’t see Turnpike? I thought I remember you making plans to do it.

They were really good man. Not in a rock your face off kind of way, but good in the way that the studio sound didn’t fall apart live. What I took from that is how goddamned good of instrumentalists they were. Despite the booze.
Never did. I begged them on their Facebook page to come to AZ. They ignored me!

I've gone to plenty of rock concerts and just as many country concerts. It's a different feel but the country guys really have to keep a clean sound for it to be worth it. Most of them seem to manage this quite well.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 02:05 PM 07-31-2020
Pink Floyd Led Zeppelin Queen to name some but those aren't really regrets... not being born early enough
[Reply]
Kman34 07:06 PM 07-31-2020
Amy Winehouse before the drugs and alcohol messed her up...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:11 PM 07-31-2020
Ray Charles
[Reply]
DrRyan 09:58 PM 07-31-2020
Grateful Dead, ideally in ‘69 or ‘77
Pink Floyd
Zeppelin before Page was drunk falling off barstools and putting on bad shows
Hendrix
2pac
Biggie
The Who
Leonard Cohen
The Doors
Beatles
Mozart
Beethoven

Too young to have seen many other than Cohen and the bad Dead at the end when too young for all that fun.
[Reply]
cripple creek 07:17 AM 08-01-2020
pink floyd and the who
[Reply]
DeepPurple 07:59 AM 08-01-2020
Odd thing is I never was that big a fan of Bryan Adams and I've seen him twice. First time was '82 he opened for Foreigner 4 and the other was the Amnesty Int'l Show in Atlanta 1986, it was U2, the Police, Peter Gabriel, Lou Reed and Bryan Adams. He seemed a bit out of place at the event, he came on after Lou Reed and before Gabriel. I thought Peter Gabriel was the best part of the show. I did see U2 on the Unforgettable Fire Tour in Jacksonville the year before in '85 and they were much better when they put on a full show.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 02:46 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Odd thing is I never was that big a fan of Bryan Adams and I've seen him twice. First time was '82 he opened for Foreigner 4 and the other was the Amnesty Int'l Show in Atlanta 1986, it was U2, the Police, Peter Gabriel, Lou Reed and Bryan Adams. He seemed a bit out of place at the event, he came on after Lou Reed and before Gabriel. I thought Peter Gabriel was the best part of the show. I did see U2 on the Unforgettable Fire Tour in Jacksonville the year before in '85 and they were much better when they put on a full show.
Gotta say,i'm a bit jealous,i would've loved to see U2 on the Unforgettable Fire tour,but i was way too young.They get a bad rap,i think mostly because of Bono and some of their political views but they really do put on a good show.They're definitely a better live band than their albums would suggest i think.I saw them for the first time in 1992 on the ZOO TV tour,and although i havent been to a ton of shows,is still i believe one of the best tours of the last 20 plus years,in my humble opinion.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 03:32 PM 08-01-2020
Led Zepplin, though I did sort of see them when I saw Robert Plant play in LA and Jimmy Page and JPJ joined him for the back half of the show.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up