ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 144
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 01:19 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
yeah okay. Whatever.

They are overhyped NOW. When I started talking about them they were unlikely to even make the ****ing play-offs. Because of their 2-4 start.

then they go on the road and embarass the defending champs and #3 seed (who, yeah, are in decline, but still at home) and then roll into Baltimore and WHIP the #1 seed with the presumptive MVP.

and you're all like, well YEAH, of course, who didn't see that coming.

Whatever, dude.

NOW, everyone is saying they're OMG THE BESTEST EVER and they're going to STEAMROLL THE CHIEFS WITH JIM BROWN/WALTERPAYTON REINCARNATED

so yeah. I thought they were UNDERRATED when they WERE.

Now I think they're being OVERRATED.

I don't know why you can't understand that.

I expected and predicted that WE would go to NE and knock off the Pats, and then go to Baltimore and knock them off because that was probably going to be our path.

Glad the Titans took care of that for us, and we'll beat them by 20 and move the **** on.
Nice post. Drives me crazy, nobody thought the tits could roll into baltimore and win, and they embarrassed the ratbirds. If you watched that game you know they did it by getting up early with their passing game, then letting henry embarrass them some more.
Now lots of you are like, of course they beat the ravens duhh.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:20 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher:
Nice post. Drives me crazy, nobody thought the tits could roll into baltimore and win, and they embarrassed the ratbirds. If you watched that game you know they did it by getting up early with their passing game, then letting henry embarrass them some more.
Nobody? Nobody thought that? Is that why talking heads out there we’re talking about that exact thing?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:21 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Ok, see....this is bullshit analysis.

Jones also had containment responsibility on the bootleg fake, which is what caused him to be out of position. Suggs wouldn't be any different. It was Ragland who over committed, not Jones.

Jones did his job on a play designed to force him to play two responsibilities. That had nothing to do with Jones' discipline.
good god, man, why are you such an insufferable cunt?

What the fuck is wrong with you?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:29 PM 01-17-2020
Just so you know, I had Baltimore losing that game no matter who they played. They sat guys for 3 weeks, the rust was apparent and they had easy to expose warts...

That game was far more about how badly Baltimore shit themselves than the Titans being great.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:34 PM 01-17-2020
good god, man, why are you such an insufferable cunt?

What the fuck is wrong with you?
:-)

So correcting you on your analysis gets under your skin, eh?

I guess i gave you that positive rep for no reason. You ARE thin skinned afterall...
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:35 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Nobody? Nobody thought that? Is that why talking heads out there we’re talking about that exact thing?
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Just so you know, I had Baltimore losing that game no matter who they played. They sat guys for 3 weeks, the rust was apparent and they had easy to expose warts...

That game was far more about how badly Baltimore shit themselves than the Titans being great.
Oh no, only Chris Meck knew!

I mean, the 3 of us had legit convos about this leading up to the game, but i guess that never happened. Apparently.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:36 PM 01-17-2020
[QUOTE=Detoxing;14730162]
well, yeah, I think last year's Patriots team was better than this year's. Shocking insight.

a 1-point loss is not embarrassed, regardless of how dipshit Boston fans react.

Yeah, we had many conversations on how you beat the Ravens and it was pretty obvious: Make Lamar throw from behind. The Titans jumped out to a 14 point lead, Ingrahm left the game with a banged up calf and the rest was history. It doesn't take a genius to see that, but you apparently think you're some savant because you guessed right. Don't throw around stupid mockeries like "Genius" when you're over here banging your chest over the ****ing Titans beating a team like the Patriots. GMAFB.

All you've been doing for months now is banging your chest over the Titans. Get out of here with that shit, genius.

Bullshit yet again. A lot of people were worried about the Titans exposing our run defense. I told my wife and friends that the Titans are the only team i didn't want to play in the event we played in the Wild card round. But after further evaluation i realized there was nothing to worry about, even if Henry goes off for 180.

The more we conversate the more obvious it becomes that you're hanging your ego on the Titans success.

"I called it! I called it!"

Fool, look at the match-ups. It wasn't hard to call and no, you weren't the only one.
You exaggerate, and you insult, and you act like a twelve year old that needs to bust a nut so bad you can't see straight.

There's absolutely no reason for you to act like this.

Why is it so important to you to throw a tantrum about the fact that I was pretty early on the 'watch out for Tennessee train'?

Why does that make so angry?

Why do you feel the need to exaggerate and nitpick and try to bend things around?

Why does the fact that I said they were legit MANY weeks ago seem like chest beating? The only thing I've been beating my chest about is THAT THE CHIEFS ARE GOING TO WIN THE WHOLE ****ING THING. I'M DRIVING THE BUS MOTHER****ER.

That's the only chest beating I'm doing.

You know why I like to point out the times I have been right?

BECAUSE DIPSHITS LIKE YOU INSISTED I WAS A ****ING MORON. And then when I'm right, yeah, you bet your ass I'm going to point it out.

Sorry that hurts your bleeding vagina.

I was right. About Spags, about Clark, about Mahomes, about Bienemy, about Hardman, about Honey Badger, about Ward, about ****ing KPASS for ****'s sake, about DEE ****ING FORD,

and yeah, I was pretty early on the watch out for Tennessee train.

and if you get to be a **** and say I'm a moron, then I get to point out when I'm ****ing right.

I don't have to be the ONLY ****ING PERSON ALIVE that agrees with my viewpoint. Still means I was right.

For some reason that is really sand in your cooter.

yeah, numbnuts, I understand Jones had outside contain. You also can watch him slow down, and stop, and not get over AFTER the ****ING HAND-OFF until he realizes that Henry is cutting right. His REACTION is SLOW.

He was also coming off an injury, hadn't played outside much, but yeah, he was SLOW to make the adjustment AFTER THE ****ING HAND-OFF.

Why are you so invested in trying to find a point to make?
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:37 PM 01-17-2020
How about both of you just shut the fuck up?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:37 PM 01-17-2020
I wanna see the Chiefs and Reid learning his lesson, put the pedal down and don't let up until the 4th quarter whistle blows. We have the take no prisoners attitude and this is a mega blowout. I wanna see a repeat of the Texans game from down 24-0 from the start.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:39 PM 01-17-2020
[QUOTE=Chris Meck;14730283]
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

You exaggerate, and you insult, and you act like a twelve year old that needs to bust a nut so bad you can't see straight.

There's absolutely no reason for you to act like this.

Why is it so important to you to throw a tantrum about the fact that I was pretty early on the 'watch out for Tennessee train'?

Why does that make so angry?

Why do you feel the need to exaggerate and nitpick and try to bend things around?

Why does the fact that I said they were legit MANY weeks ago seem like chest beating? The only thing I've been beating my chest about is THAT THE CHIEFS ARE GOING TO WIN THE WHOLE FUCKING THING. I'M DRIVING THE BUS MOTHERFUCKER.

That's the only chest beating I'm doing.

You know why I like to point out the times I have been right?

BECAUSE DIPSHITS LIKE YOU INSISTED I WAS A FUCKING MORON. And then when I'm right, yeah, you but your ass I'm going to point it out.

Sorry that hurts your bleeding vagina.

I was right. About Spags, about Clark, about Mahomes, about Bienemy, about Hardman, about Honey Badger, about Ward, about fucking KPASS for fuck's sake, about DEE FUCKING FORD,

and yeah, I was pretty early on the watch out for Tennessee train.

and if you get to be a CUNT and say I'm a moron, then I get to point out when I'm fucking right.

I don't have to be the ONLY FUCKING PERSON ALIVE that agrees with my viewpoint. Still means I was right.

For some reason that is really sand in your cooter.

yeah, numbnuts, I understand Jones had outside contain. You also can watch him slow down, and stop, and not get over AFTER the FUCKING HAND-OFF until he realizes that Henry is cutting right. His REACTION is SLOW.

He was also coming off an injury, hadn't played outside much, but yeah, he was SLOW to make the adjustment AFTER THE FUCKING HAND-OFF.

Why are you so invested in trying to find a point to make?
No tantrum, and i never once insulted you. I only insult people when im insulted. I even gave you pos rep for for having a decent exchange.

My god was i wrong about that....

But look, here you are....all pissy now because you can't debate like an adult. Get out of here, next.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:40 PM 01-17-2020
How about both of you just shut the fuck up?
Not my fault these jokers lose their cool all the damn time.

Don't go soft on me now, Pest.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:40 PM 01-17-2020
I just thought Baltimore was a god-awful matchup for them. I figured they'd have no way to get the substantial lead they'd need because Baltimore would come out pounding the ball and it would be grind v. grind. In that scenario, I thought Baltimore would just be better at it than Tennessee.

Then Jackson fires a bit high on a ball that A) Mahomes doesn't miss and B) Kelce doesn't drop, the ball gets intercepted, Tannehill strikes early and the script flipped.

And Jackson had a couple of plays where the moment seemed too big for him - one of the 4th and 1 runs was a TERRIBLE run from him where he just stuttered behind the line before getting taken down. The other interception was a shit pass and then the god-awful strip-sack where he simply demonstrated ZERO pocket awareness. I guess I could've seen that coming, but I didn't.

Bottom line is that I simply didn't see a scenario where a 1 score game more than midway through the 3rd quarter would yield a SIXTY DROPBACK DAY from Lamar Jackson. Kinda feel like Harbaugh just fucked that up quite a bit and Lamar Jackson simply isn't equipped for the direction the game (inexplicably) took.

So yeah, I'll say that I saw only a very narrow window for the Titans to win that game because I thought the matchup was rough for them. But I think this one is WORSE because even IF the Titans get a nice lead, that's simply going to push the Chiefs to do what they're best at and that's attack downfield.

Get ahead of Baltimore and they have to fall back to what they're pretty lousy at. Get ahead of KC and you force them to do what they should probably be doing most of the time anyway.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:41 PM 01-17-2020
To think....this entire debate started because i said you talk about the Titans way too much.

Which is true, you do.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:44 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by JCBRAVE:
like I said, this season is a tell of two tales for this team

we are pretty stingy in the RZ

ignore it if you want, but dont be shocked when we win
When does the second tale begin? Are you just talking about the Baltimore and New England games?

They had a great gameplan against the Ravens and executed it well. The Titans' run defense strength matches up well against the Ravens and kept them from turning drives into points. They deserve props for that; matchup also plays a part there.

The Patriots are one of the worst red zone offenses in the NFL this year. Not much props deserved there. Again, the matchup helps the Titans here.

Anyway, I went back and looked at all of your games since Tannehill became the full-time starter. In those 12 games (including playoffs), the Titans gave up TDs on 63 percent of red zone drives. For the year, the Titans gave up TDs on 63 percent of red zone drives (good for 28th in the NFL and second-worst among playoff teams).

But teams that can throw the ball effectively have shredded the Titans in the red zone: Indy, New Orleans, Kansas City and Houston - 5 games featuring good QB play - scored red zone TDs 71 percent of the time.

The last 3 regular season games the Titans played were against the Texans (trying), Saints, and Texans again (not trying). Those 3 teams went 8/11 on red zone possessions for TDs.

So again: When does this second tale of the Titans becoming stingy in the red zone supposedly begin? Because it sure doesn't look like it's written.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:44 PM 01-17-2020
Bull and shit. I've called a Chiefs v. Titans AFCCG since Baltimore decided to rest their starters in week 17.
[Reply]
Page 108 of 144
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118 > Last »
Up