ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 215 of 221
« First < 115165205211212213214215 216217218219 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:29 PM 06-20-2023
Originally Posted by booger:
How deep do rainbows travel? My best guess in more of a pond setting would be mid level rather than right off the bottom and probably close by to the current?
Bows will die in water temps higher than 70, so in a small Midwestern pond, I'd look for them in the deepest water available, below the thermocline.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:33 PM 06-20-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Bows will die in water temps higher than 70, so in a small Midwestern pond, I'd look for them in the deepest water available, below the thermocline.
Listen to this man. He knows rainbows.
[Reply]
loochy 12:16 PM 07-03-2023
We were in Alaska last week. We caught some king and pink salmon. My son had a blast.

[Reply]
srvy 04:11 PM 07-03-2023
Is that mom with the biggest catch?
[Reply]
loochy 04:34 PM 07-03-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yeah, but I don't remember who actually caught it. We just threw them in the well and grabbed them back out randomly for pictures.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:46 PM 07-03-2023
Originally Posted by booger:
How deep do rainbows travel? My best guess in more of a pond setting would be mid level rather than right off the bottom and probably close by to the current?

There's current? How is there current?

If there's current, the trout will be in or near it. If you're talking about an old creekbed scenario, they'll be in the creekbed, and will be patrolling/ambushing prey that approaches the sides of the creekbed.

If it's a creek/stream inflow, they'll be facing into that, probably near the bottom, though they might rise closer to the surface around 4am local for a few hours.

Rainbows have been caught as deep as 60+ feet in some reservoirs.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:46 PM 07-03-2023
Originally Posted by loochy:
We were in Alaska last week. We caught some king and pink salmon. My son had a blast.

Awesome.:-)
[Reply]
loochy 09:00 PM 07-03-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
FYI I'm the guy in the bottom picture. The guy in the top picture is the fishing guide.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:17 PM 07-03-2023
FYI I'm the guy in the bottom picture. The guy in the top picture is the fishing guide.
Looks fucking awesome man. Good stuff.
[Reply]
Graystoke 09:20 PM 07-03-2023
Way to bring us down.
JK, looks like an awesome time. Get any flyfishing in?
[Reply]
loochy 09:29 PM 07-03-2023
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Way to bring us down.
JK, looks like an awesome time. Get any flyfishing in?

Nah, no fly fishing. It was an Alaskan cruise, so we just picked up a guide that took us out to troll for salmon (and if that wouldnt have worked then we would have moved to rockfish). The best part was we took the catch to a wilderness camp where the guide cooked the fish for us. While fishing we saw several humpback whales breaching. It was an awesome day.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:07 AM 07-04-2023
Lol, had something similar, though not quite as wild, happen to me last year with a leopard bow.

https://fb.watch/lzs6uJYBcT/
[Reply]
scho63 01:36 AM 07-04-2023
Just watched "Beyond the Lens" on PBS and the show was about going to a remote camp in Alaska during the summer to fish for Silverside Salmon on Becharof Lake. The largest Salmon run in the World and one of the most remote, desolate places around. I'm not a fisherman but it was pretty cool.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan63 08:18 AM 07-04-2023

Good times!
[Reply]
Otter 05:49 PM 07-15-2023
They Caught the Fish, but the $3.5 Million Prize Got Away

https://archive.vn/XbUCh

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 215 of 221
« First < 115165205211212213214215 216217218219 > Last »
Up