ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Veach's Pre-Draft Press Conference 2024
Dante84 11:22 AM 04-19-2024

[Reply]
Dante84 11:23 AM 04-19-2024
OT is very top-heavy - top 15, after that you have a chance on hitting but it's less likely.

WR is very deep

CB/DL has hot pockets throughout

LB/RB is very light

Thinks impact of NIL means that drafts will drop off of talent earlier than in the past.... reading between the lines he thinks the later rounds aren't nearly as valuable this year.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:27 AM 04-19-2024
I'm almost certain we jump up for an OT after listening to this, assuming Veach isn't full of shit. In year's past, he's been pretty straight forward.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:29 AM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
OT is very top-heavy - top 15, after that you have a chance on hitting but it's less likely.

WR is very deep

CB/DL has hot pockets throughout

LB/RB is very light

Thinks impact of NIL means that drafts will drop off of talent earlier than in the past.... reading between the lines he thinks the later rounds aren't nearly as valuable this year.
This aligns perfectly with what I have been saying.

If they trade up, it's likely for a LT. If they stay at 32, they're likely going WR.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:45 AM 04-19-2024
Whoops - missed this in the main lounge, my bad
[Reply]
RunKC 01:55 PM 04-19-2024
Veach said he has 16-18 first rd guys including 4-5 QB’s? Who do you think they are?

Caleb Williams
Jayden Daniels
Drake Maye
JJ McCarthy
Joe Alt
Dallas Turner
Rome Odunze
Malik Nabers
MHJ
Brock Bowers
Taliese Fuaga
Brian Thomas Jr
Jared Verse
Byron Murphy
Olumuyiwa Fashanu
Laiatu Latu

That’s 16. I really think Tyler Guyton is on this list if it is 18
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:27 PM 04-19-2024
Whoops - missed this in the main lounge, my bad
The discussion would be better here anyways.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:02 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This aligns perfectly with what I have been saying.

If they trade up, it's likely for a LT. If they stay at 32, they're likely going WR.
This is it imo, it feels less and less likely they go up for, say, a Brian Thomas Jr imo. They can wait and the drop off just doesn't seem as steep at WR. I still also think the cost of moving up will be too much.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:22 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Veach said he has 16-18 first rd guys including 4-5 QB’s? Who do you think they are?
1. Caleb Williams, QB
2. Marvin Harrison Jr, WR
3. Malik Nabers, WR
4. Rome Odunze, WR
5. Joe Alt, OT
6. Drake Maye, QB
7. Jayden Daniels, QB
8. Troy Fautanu, OT
9. Terrion Arnold, CB
10. Quinyon Mitchell, CB
11. Jared Verse, DE
12. Dallas Turner, ER
13. Olu Fashanu, OT
14. JC Latham, OT
15. Brian Thomas Jr, WR
16. Graham Barton, OC
17. Byron Murphy II, DT
18. Tailiese Fuaga, OT
[Reply]
Chargem 03:19 AM 04-20-2024
I'm almost certain we jump up for an OT after listening to this, assuming Veach isn't full of shit. In year's past, he's been pretty straight forward.
Interesting, I came away with the opposite conclusion, again trying to work out how full of shit Veach is.

He said they needed competition for Wanya basically, and said it in the same breadth as saying C/G depth. Certainly made that sound like less of a priority than I was expecting, but its not like he is going to trash Wanya to reporters.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:20 AM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Caleb Williams
Jayden Daniels
Drake Maye
JJ McCarthy
Joe Alt
Dallas Turner
Rome Odunze
Malik Nabers
MHJ
Brock Bowers
Taliese Fuaga
Brian Thomas Jr
Jared Verse
Byron Murphy
Olumuyiwa Fashanu
Laiatu Latu

That’s 16. I really think Tyler Guyton is on this list if it is 18
I thought it sounded like he was saying 16-18 1st rounders excluding QBs, so actually more like 20-22 total 1st round talents.
[Reply]
Balto 07:21 AM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Interesting, I came away with the opposite conclusion, again trying to work out how full of shit Veach is.

He said they needed competition for Wanya basically, and said it in the same breadth as saying C/G depth. Certainly made that sound like less of a priority than I was expecting, but its not like he is going to trash Wanya to reporters.
I took it as no way they plan for Wanya to be the starter. Him talking about position flexibility makes me think he could really love a guy like Troy Fautanu out of Washington. Fautanu is exactly what Veach described and should go after the top 2 or 3 guys. Trade up might be coming folks!
[Reply]
kccrow 07:33 AM 04-20-2024
I'd jump for joy if we could land Fautanu, I really would. He's my favorite O-line prospect in this entire class.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:13 AM 04-20-2024
Trading up for our LT, because its our only real hole, Wanya probably going to be a GUARD
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 10:04 AM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'd jump for joy if we could land Fautanu, I really would. He's my favorite O-line prospect in this entire class.
I would trade up to 9 to get Alt [number one this year and next, number three this year, plus change] and up to 16 [number one this year, number two next year plus change] for Fantanu.

Interestingly enough if, Odunze isn’t available to the Bears at 9 they might be quite a willing trade partner. They might not see much difference between the WR they want at nine and what they could get at 32 from us.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up