ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Media Center>Is this the saddest song....
Ubeja Vontell 10:05 PM 04-24-2020
....ever recorded?

Now most everyone has heard that song, it is well known.

There are a ton of old blues and country songs pretty damn sad, hell....."took a Smith and Wesson and blew out my brains" how about...."he threw carbolic acid in my face".....then there is..."blood, blood, blood, blood"....remember Ruby took her love to town, old Hank was so lonesome he could cry, J.Frank Wilson in "Last Kiss".

What is your saddest song?
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 03:14 AM 05-01-2020
well, sort of, to me

[Reply]
Cheater5 06:48 AM 05-01-2020
Kind of an emo / gayish song, but it's sad nonetheless. Not the saddest, but sad.

[Reply]
Randallflagg 03:45 PM 05-01-2020
I will give you "Tears in Heaven" - Very Sad

But (at least to me) this is the saddest song ever written......

[Reply]
Gadzooks 01:47 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I will give you "Tears in Heaven" - Very Sad

But (at least to me) this is the saddest song ever written......

Holy Guacamole,
This song is like a novel.
So to summarize, some fat ugly waitress is serving a "little" man and he explains how he banged a hot chick once, she left, and then the fat broad and the "little" man hook up.
Little dude ends up getting his dinky stinky at the end, I don't see how this is a sad song. Is it sad because the waitress was fat & ugly? (Wait, that actually makes a lot of sense...:-))
[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:45 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Holy Guacamole,
This song is like a novel.
So to summarize, some fat ugly waitress is serving a "little" man and he explains how he banged a hot chick once, she left, and then the fat broad and the "little" man hook up.
Little dude ends up getting his dinky stinky at the end, I don't see how this is a sad song. Is it sad because the waitress was fat & ugly? (Wait, that actually makes a lot of sense...:-))
It's classic Harry Chapin. He was a story teller. most of his songs took a "tad" longer than the 3:00 radio stuff. :-)

The song itself, if you read between the lines, is about "losers". No hope, no future and just trying to get by. Misery loves company.

Anyway - that has always been my take on it.....that's the beauty of music. It's the listener who determines what they hear - no right or wrong.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:49 PM 05-03-2020
This is not so much sad, as it's unique and somewhat original considering the words pertain to today's environment.

[Reply]
GayFrogs 04:47 AM 05-04-2020

This is just the most explicitly sad alice in chains song...but almost every song from the dirt / jar of flies / tripod album fit in this thread
[Reply]
Kman34 06:32 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:

Good stuff!
He sings a lot of sad stuff...

[Reply]
Third Eye 06:48 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by idrapethat:

This is just the most explicitly sad alice in chains song...but almost every song from the dirt / jar of flies / tripod album fit in this thread
Video doesn’t work for me, but I’m assuming Nutshell?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:53 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
He sings a lot of sad stuff...
Yep. I recommended it.

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m on my phone or I’d link it but you should post up Broken Window Serenade by WM. It’s definitely different than something like I’m not going to miss you or the ones about kids but it hits a guy in the feels. WM is so damn good.
Funny story. My buddy got tickets from this company the coop does business with. Anyway my buddy was talking shop with the dude with the tickets so I’m sitting there and the dudes wife and some other chick are talking about music. They like Luke Bryant, Jason Aldeen and other hacky fools. They saw them blah blah blah. Whatever. Then the dudes wife starts talking about these long haired guys that sat behind them at Kauffman. They said they were in a band and played Kauffman the night before. It was something weird. Like whiskey something.

So I chimed in. Whiskey Meyers? You should look them up. They can jam.

These 2 gals looked at me like I was from Mars or something. LOL. Fine. Just keep listening to garbage ass Luke Bryant. Do you Man.
[Reply]
KregWillis 03:08 AM 05-26-2020
The saddest song is the one that wakes you up on Monday morning.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:06 PM 05-27-2020
Many may disagree because...well, it's metal. But this song by Pantera about a friend in a catatonic state always got me.

Hollow:

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:15 PM 10-15-2020
I was into Taking Back Sunday in College (Many moon ago). I recently dug up some of their stuff that aged pretty well while I was bored on the tractor. Poking around their albums, this one came up. Taking Back Sunday got a lot wrong, but this one hit some notes. Pretty heavy shit. Probably not the saddest ever, but well done.

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:37 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by cripple creek:
For sure the saddest song every written.
[Reply]
srvy 12:57 AM 10-17-2020
Townes didnt have to wait around to long, booze and codeine took him quik what a loss.

[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up