ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 34
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Media Center>Homeland on Showtime
BigRedChief 08:40 PM 10-11-2011
Looks promising. Lots of good actors and a premise with lots of potential.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:27 PM 10-30-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, good question. I couldn't tell if that look on her face was her just falling into an old habit and lovers arms, or the look of someone relieved she was able to figure out a way to save her standing by banging the boss. Saul DID tell Dar Adahl that he was "going to need her" for the weekend....

She is a wild card to the story - is she under double secret probation orders, or lashing out on her own with an agenda?
I can only guess, but it sounds like you're an episode behind.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:29 PM 10-30-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Possible, actually. That is the last scene I remember from it, the two of them lying in bed all post coital bliss-y....
[Reply]
Bowser 02:33 PM 10-30-2015
Yep, sure am. The joys of having your start time jump all over the clock from week to week. You lose track of some things, or I'm just getting older. Both, really.
[Reply]
kepp 02:47 PM 10-30-2015
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I know Carrie mentioned it, but it still seems a little glossed over that you'd have to be an idiot to believe that Quinn would actually kill Carrie. I thought it was going to turn out that Saul did it with that in mind, like he knew if he sent Quinn after Carrie Quinn would find and protect her rather than kill her.
That crossed my mind...that Saul was ordered from high up, so he sent Quinn to do it thereby both following orders and saving Carrie.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:57 PM 10-30-2015
Originally Posted by kepp:
That crossed my mind...that Saul was ordered from high up, so he sent Quinn to do it thereby both following orders and saving Carrie.
Yeah, but no.

These kind of operations, people only care about results.

Not much difference to TPTB between Saul using an asset that isn't competent to achieve the objective, or purposefully sabotaging the mission with a poisoned asset.

'I tried and we failed' is indistinguishable from 'I countermanded your command'
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:43 PM 10-30-2015
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I know Carrie mentioned it, but it still seems a little glossed over that you'd have to be an idiot to believe that Quinn would actually kill Carrie. I thought it was going to turn out that Saul did it with that in mind, like he knew if he sent Quinn after Carrie Quinn would find and protect her rather than kill her.
Yep, put me in the Saul knew he wouldn't kill Carrie thought too.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:02 PM 10-31-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Now I get it. That was kind of a double whammy there at the end. Great ending to that episode.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:06 PM 10-31-2015
Now I get it. That was kind of a double whammy there at the end. Great ending to that episode.
Its great writing that you can drop those bombs and the audience still wonders who knows what and who's responsible for/complicit in what.

Everything gets ripped wide open, and it's all still a God damned fog.

:-):-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:26 PM 12-10-2015
Hows everyone liking this season? Only a couple of episodes left.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:38 PM 12-11-2015
Allison, you bad, bad girl
[Reply]
Bowser 04:38 PM 12-11-2015
This might actually be one of my favorite seasons of Homeland. Sure, it's flawed, but I've enjoyed most episodes quite a lot.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:47 PM 12-11-2015
I think I'm 7 eps behind. I guess I need a homeland day.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:20 AM 12-16-2015
This might actually be one of my favorite seasons of Homeland. Sure, it's flawed, but I've enjoyed most episodes quite a lot.
I thought this weeks episode was the best one of the year so far. Sets up a great finale next week.
[Reply]
manchambo 06:52 PM 12-16-2015
This show frustrates me so much. It's like they completely forget who their characters are (or used to be). Specifically, there was once a time when they were incredibly skilled and smart intelligence agents. At this point they are just so dumb that it takes the joy out of watching the show. Aside from the general fact that Saul has been just out of control, played and sad all season, here are some specific recent examples:

They develop an open and shut case that Allison is a turn coat, then they decide she might not be, because she says so. Because it's a rule that once you catch a double agent they can't lie to you. Then, recognizing much room for suspicion, they turn her loose in the city. And they just completely believe her when she says she knows where the attack will be and basically stop looking elsewhere.

Her brilliant plan to fool everyone is to set up a shooting scene theMayberry police would see through in about two minutes, including because there is residue only on her hand, and her own gunshot wound was fired with the pistol against her chest. It's not consistent that her character would even attempt something so ham-handed, but she not only does it, but fools the CIA and German intelligence.

Also, the CIA and Germans seem really bad at keeping track of suspects. First they leave a key interrogation subject alone and with an unlocked window (because I'm sure they interrogate people all the time in rooms with unlocked windows you can just jump out of). And then they don't even watch Allison in the hospital, much less put hand-cuffs on her or something. Again, a local Sheriff would look really dumb if he let someone give him the slip like that.

Finally, the people of Germany, after getting the most dire and obvious terrorist attack warning imaginable, simply watch a bunch of Arab guys lock them up in a train station. None of them even seems to get upset much, and they do nothing whatsoever to stop them, or even seem to notify security.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:38 PM 12-18-2015
^ He is right. Maybe I've liked the season too much to really have focused on this, but this isn't wrong. The Allison crime scene thing was ridiculous. Maybe they're waiting to use that to bite her in the finale (I'm hoping). And Dar Adahl has been a major disappointment this season. He is supposed to be a legendary operative in the CIA, but once he's in control, he's turned into this blustering, reactive windbag that looks borderline incompetent at times.

Still, all that said, I've enjoyed this season. I'm surprised this show still chugs along. I was sure that once it was confirmed Brody was dead that Homeland would fade away. Hasn't been the case.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 34
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up