ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 392 of 791
« First < 292342382388389390391392 393394395396402442492 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:34 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
anyone have any insight if the Chiefs are looking at any other FA's or standing pat till the draft?
They were looking at Kevin Johnson.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:36 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
I was mostly being facetious calm down. Obviously there's not much of a reason to fire him yet, he's only had a season under his belt. But not releasing Berry will definitely be strike number 1 for the fire veach arguments when - if the time comes.
How can you hold that against Veach when it's not even his decision to make? Berry is strictly a Reid and Clarky-poo production at this point. Should Veach down three fingers of Vodka, march in to Clark's office, and demand his release?

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
What if Berry comes back this year and plays at a all pro level
What if we all face-raped you with a cheese-grater?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:36 PM 03-12-2019
I'm still just in utter shock that the safeties have all signed for so much. I think we forget to inflate our estimates along with the salary cap.

I feel like they've all gotten 3-4 more per year than was expected.
[Reply]
DenverChief 04:37 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
They were looking at Kevin Johnson.
This Kevin Johnson?

Originally Posted by :
For the third consecutive season the Bills have made a veteran addition at cornerback, signing Houston free agent Kevin Johnson to a one-year deal.

Buffalo had the benefit of having a coach on staff who knows Johnson personally in secondary coach John Butler. Butler served as Johnson’s defensive backs coach in Houston his first three seasons in the league.

That was also seen as a plus in the eyes of Johnson, who has a strong familiarity with a position coach who will be working with him every day.

"Coach J.B. I had in Houston for three years and he's a very good coach that I know," said Johnson. "With him being here that's a good thing for me because I know he's a great DB coach. Leslie Frazier is a great defensive coordinator. Coach McDermott is a great coach as well, so for me to be able to come into that situation with three great coaches in place, it was a great thing for me."

Johnson was also attracted to Buffalo because he saw the Bills as a team on the way up.

"You can see that it's a team on the rise," said Johnson. "It's a team where the guys are eager to be part of this culture. It's a healthy culture here and I'm looking to add to it."
https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bi...-kevin-johnson
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:37 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I'm still just in utter shock that the safeties have all signed for so much. I think we forget to inflate our estimates along with the salary cap.
Collins deal is the reason why they are getting paid so much. You can thank Dan Snyder for that
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 04:37 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
:-) oh baby
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:38 PM 03-12-2019

I feel like they've all gotten 3-4 more per year than was expected.
Eric Reid depressed last year’s market, man.
[Reply]
DenverChief 04:38 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There were some rumors last night that the Chiefs aren't going to be able to make anymore moves until they figure something out with Ford.
they need to trade him already
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:38 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
How can you hold that against Veach when it's not even his decision to make? Berry is strictly a Reid and Clarky-poo production at this point. Should Veach down three fingers of Vodka, march in to Clark's office, and demand his release?

You are my favorite poster on here and it’s not even close
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:39 PM 03-12-2019
Wait, do you mean that his 2019 cap hit is $12M?

If so, you're only saving $9M. I don't think that lands you a 2nd tier LEO, SAM, and two prove it deals (which would have their entire value hit THIS year).

What I'm saying is that people get so fixated on the total number that they don't subtract what their reasonable number would be. Having Watkins on a reasonable deal doesn't save $20m in cap space. It saves 8-9. Don't get me wrong - that's useful money and his contract is too large, but it's not like "Veach you moron" territory.

Additionally, a huge part of Watkins' value was making sure Mahomes had every single opportunity to succeed. I wouldn't change a single thing.
Without him and Hunt, we went from roughly 35 ppg to 31 ppg. Eh, just don't think he's worth that much, especially with those perpetual foot issues. Agree to disagree.
[Reply]
threebag 04:39 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
What if Berry comes back this year and plays at a all pro level
:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 04:39 PM 03-12-2019
“Why aren’t we singing anyone worth a shit?!?!”

Sign someone worth a shit.

“But why are we overpaying this asshole?!??”

Never fails :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:39 PM 03-12-2019
This Kevin Johnson?

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bi...-kevin-johnson
Yes. It's in a tweet posted in the thread.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:40 PM 03-12-2019
This Kevin Johnson?
Yep.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:41 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Without him and Hunt, we went from roughly 35 ppg to 31 ppg. Eh, just don't think he's worth that much, especially with those perpetual foot issues. Agree to disagree.
The foot issues are aggravating but that's why you structure the deal with an out after two years.

I honestly wish they'd do the same with Ford. Spread out the risk a little bit.
[Reply]
Page 392 of 791
« First < 292342382388389390391392 393394395396402442492 > Last »
Up