ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 235 of 301
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239245285 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:22 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
**** off millennial.

Go enjoy your soccer, fantasy football and keeping tabs on the latest Warriors rumors and gossip.

Leave baseball alone.
Lol don't watch soccer, haven't been active in a FF league in 7-8 years, besides FanDuel, and I don't even like the NBA or the Warriors.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:03 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
I'm sure you're going to see a push for a downtown stadium. I don't know what's going to happen. KC is kind of in a weird position.

There are some teams who've done the new downtown stadium quite well. Look at the Twins.. if you haven't been, their stadium is great. You could see how something like that could work in KC. On the flip side, they were replacing the Metrodome. Plus they have an actual light rail that drops you off at the stadium. That's a huge deal for convenience and a lot of people use it. If you really wanted to do a downtown stadium right you really should create some kind of transportation to get people there.

The biggest issues are that KC is not replacing one of those multi-sport stadiums like a lot of these other teams did, they'd be replacing what is pretty universally considered one of the top ballparks in baseball, so there's a feeling of why spend a 500 million to a billion dollars to fix something that works very well. Then there's a tailgating culture in KC that some of these other cities don't have. It's obviously bigger for Chiefs games but it still exists in KC more than a lot of these other cities. Given the Royals general record over the last 30 years most of the fans are obviously diehards and have zero interest in catering to people who just want bars to go to and don't care as much about the baseball game.

I’m sure we won’t.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:30 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I’m sure we won’t.
Wrong. It's already starting.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:36 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Which of these downtown sites would you prefer for a stadium?
12th and Cherry
18th and Troost
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/ml...234546732.html
12th and Cherry would make the most sense. Closer to the street car, PNL, Etc. 18th and Troost doesnt make sense it's not downtown and near a pretty shitty area.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 04:41 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Bullshit. Only douchebags like you want the Royals to move out of Kauffman. Most Royals fans don’t live downtown and realize it would be a logistical nightmare to get in and out of the area for a game.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:46 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Bullshit. Only douchebags like you want the Royals to move out of Kauffman. Most Royals fans don’t live downtown and realize it would be a logistical nightmare to get in and out of the area for a game.
Yep. If you read any comments under articles regarding this everyone thinks moving is a stupid idea.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:46 PM 09-02-2019
You can always spot the idiots who live in Olathe when they start claiming traffic will be bad. No it wont and by the time the stadium is built we will have more street car lines. God forbid your fat ass has to walk a little bit.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 04:55 PM 09-02-2019
You can always spot the idiots who live in Olathe when they start claiming traffic will be bad. No it wont and by the time the stadium is built we will have more street car lines. God forbid your fat ass has to walk a little bit.
I tell you what you douchebag brain dead ginger. Meet me in parking lot F at the Chiefs home opener and I’ll show you who the fat ass is. You might want to practice falling down before then.

I don’t live in Olathe and you do realize that a majority of Royals fans that go to games live outside the immediate area. Downtown KC sucks to navigate and tailgating is big for both the Royals and the Chiefs. Neither team is leaving the Truman Sports Complex anytime soon (at least the next 20 years).
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:59 PM 09-02-2019
Prove it. Nobody is saying it
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:12 PM 09-02-2019
Downtown only makes sense if both of these criteria are met:

1) there's an influx of businesses making downtown their base of operations for middle management and the C-suite

2) the single family neighborhoods east of Troost and north of Swope get gentrified by a fuck ton of middle class white people.

So a downtown stadium will never make sense.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:24 PM 09-02-2019
I tell you what you douchebag brain dead ginger. Meet me in parking lot F at the Chiefs home opener and I’ll show you who the fat ass is. You might want to practice falling down before then.

I don’t live in Olathe and you do realize that a majority of Royals fans that go to games live outside the immediate area. Downtown KC sucks to navigate and tailgating is big for both the Royals and the Chiefs. Neither team is leaving the Truman Sports Complex anytime soon (at least the next 20 years).
You just made my cock hard.

It wont be up to the people who live outside Jackson Co. because that's all who will vote on it. Ideally it should be a bi state tax but Kansans rightfully never fall for that trick.

The attendance for the franchise has been pretty poor out there so what you give up in convience you'll make up in population destiny, plus added revenue from suites and things like that.

I think the tailgate culture for Royals games is a bit overblown and that will be substituted for local bars and restaurants.

It's too much money for Sherman and the KC business community to lose whether the fans want it or not there will be ways to manipulate voters into voting for it. Besides they rarely vote down any tax increase.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:26 PM 09-02-2019
Plus dont forget all of the new hotels already built and more going up in downtown. That will make it much easier for people coming in out of state.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:29 PM 09-02-2019
Plus dont forget all of the new hotels already built and more going up in downtown. That will make it much easier for people coming in out of state.
All those thousands of out-of-state Royals fans.

:-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:33 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
All those thousands of out-of-state Royals fans.

:-)
Didnt realize you had to be a Royals fan to check out a game.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:34 PM 09-02-2019
Didnt realize you had to be a Royals fan to check out a game.
Oh I didn't notice a beautiful white sand beachfront was created along the north bank of the Missouri thanks to all of the flooding.
[Reply]
Page 235 of 301
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239245285 > Last »
Up