ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 108
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>THE COUNTDOWN to the NFL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - Tues. Oct. 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time
arrowheadnation 10:18 AM 10-08-2019
I figured I would create one location to house all of the breaking news, rumors, pessimism, despair, helplessness, frustration, and of course optimism leading up to the 2019 NFL Trade Deadline on:

Tuesday, October 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time

3 weeks from today! We all have ideas of what the Chiefs need so I won't go into that, but hopefully this day will come and go with better results than last year for us.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:28 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well you run into the same problem we run into when asking why Dorsey didn't draft more difference makers on defense - priority.

I mean...we haven't really tried.

Lets look at all the capital spent on off-ball LBs since DJ (I assume you're not including Hali, Houston or Ford in this and mean strictly off-ball guys not edge players):

2006: None
2007: None
2008: None
2009: None

So right away we have a 4 year stretch where we put literally NOTHING at the position. Not even a 7th round pick.

2010: Maybe you squint and say Cameron Sheffield at pick 142; a converted DE.
2011: Gabe Miller - pick 140
2012: None
2013: Nico Johnson - pick 99
2014: None
2015: Ramik Wilson -Pick 118 and DJ Alexander at 172
2016: None
2017: Ukeme Eligwe - pick 183
2018: DoD - Pick 100

In 14 years --- FOURTEEN YEARS -- we've drafted seven guys who might be classified as off-ball linebackers and even that includes DJ Alexander and Cam Sheffield who were always seen as some kind of hybrid/edge sort of players. But give ya all 7 just to be sporting; one every other year.

And in that lot we have a 3rd rounder (dead back of the round) two 4th rounders and three 5th rounders. I mean shit, since 2005 we've spent a 3rd and a 7th on a kicker and a punter. Even the trades are 5th rounders in 2 seasons for Ragland and stuff like that; nominal assets.

Now to some degree it's explained by the time we spent in a 3-4 over that period AND the presence of DJ. You've never felt the need to prioritize the position. But it's still worth pointing out that we've struggled there because we haven't tried - rightly or wrongly, we simply haven't made an effort at that position.

It's past time to change that thinking.
So yeah....it’s as bad as I thought it was.

Fucking hell man.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:29 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
What's your point here? Moves are good even if they're idiotic and sacrifice the future of your franchise?
The Texans needed a CB and a LT, so they traded for young talented guys on their rookie contracts.

The Pats needed a WR so they traded for a WR.

The Ravens needed a CB so they traded for a ballhawk.

All attempted to address their needs with adequate solutions.

You can debate whether you think these moves will pay off or not, but you can't debate that our direct competition has aggressively attempted to fix the holes on their roster.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:30 PM 10-29-2019
If Veach doesn’t at least try to draft a LB this year he should be fired. That’s our glaring weakness
[Reply]
O.city 02:31 PM 10-29-2019
The Ravens were after Adams as well.

Thing that we kind of forget is that we burned a year of that "rookie QB contract" by sitting our guy. Now obviously he's worth it, but in the end, that shortened that window.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:31 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The Texans needed a CB and a LT, so they traded for young talented guys on their rookie contracts.

You can debate whether you think these moves will pay off or not, but you can't debate that our direct competition has aggressively attempted to fix the holes on their roster.
The Texans got robbed. I'm not willing to have Veach vastly overpay just so he can say he did something...
[Reply]
DaFace 02:32 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Clearly the Chiefs didn't bring in anyone new this year...
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:32 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
If Veach doesn’t at least try to draft a LB this year he should be fired. That’s our glaring weakness
The Boz is still available
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:32 PM 10-29-2019
I hope you die.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:33 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I hope you die.
That hurts. Don’t get personal now. Don’t become a Dane
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:34 PM 10-29-2019

The best thing Brett Veach has done in his time with the Kansas City Chiefs was be around when they drafted Patrick Mahomes. He's been incredibly average at just about everything else. https://t.co/xqIfxEq5ju

— Carrington Harrison (@cdotharrison) October 29, 2019

[Reply]
Rausch 02:34 PM 10-29-2019
Absolutely.

We still need another CB and at least one LB.

I think Ragland is a solid 2 down LB but he's a liability in coverage.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:37 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Absolutely.

We still need another CB and at least one LB.

I think Ragland is a solid 2 down LB but he's a liability in coverage.
Ragland is in last year of his deal. Idk if he would want to re sign here
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:38 PM 10-29-2019
There goes one LB off the market

Raiders re-signing LB Brandon Marshall, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 29, 2019

[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:39 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Brett Veach can only make a deal when he truly feels like he's being fleeced.
Oh come on man who should he have gone after that got traded at the deadline? I'm not s fan of Veach but let's be reasonable.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:41 PM 10-29-2019
Ragland is in last year of his deal. Idk if he would want to re sign here
He stated he loves it here.

We'll see what his agent says when it's time to sign but I'd think we could extend or resign him cheap. Considering what we have outside of him I'd do it before he does anything to raise his asking price...
[Reply]
Page 101 of 108
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105 > Last »
Up