Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:24 PM 07-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He hasn’t been right since he came off the DL. Some kind of BS “injury” to give him a break or not, he needed a break. We are not doing shit this year. No matter if Shildt is the real deal or not. We don’t have the talent and too far behind and too many teams in front.

Sell at the trade deadline and start preparing for 2019.
I don't know if this is BS given his velo drop since coming back. No one can fuck up health management like the Cardinals medical staff, though.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:27 PM 07-21-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Easiest outfield assist of Ozuna's life.

Already a short pop out and then the wind made it about 100 feet shorter and Baez still runs and gets thrown out by a dog shit throw.
man he was almost in the infield when he caught that ball.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:32 PM 07-21-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Baez has always been a moron
Well, you've always talked out of your ass when talking about Baez.

He's hardly a moron. He's one of the most instinctual players you'll ever see. The only thing keeping him from being a top 10 player in MLB is his unwillingness to take a walk. Tyler Chatwood wouldnt even be able to walk Baez.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:49 PM 07-21-2018
Well, you've always talked out of your ass when talking about Baez.

He's hardly a moron. He's one of the most instinctual players you'll ever see. The only thing keeping him from being a top 10 player in MLB is his unwillingness to take a walk. Tyler Chatwood wouldnt even be able to walk Baez.
See, now you're going to make me have to make an ass out of you:

Baez has been a space cadet from day one...

Baez with his Wong moment... Wtf was that. Holliday isn't even fucking running.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=2323

]If Russell is out tomorrow Baez needs to get his head in the fucking game. Bounced a lazy throw for an error. Damn near did it again in the 9th and then followed it up with a fielding error
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=2357

Russell out for game 4. Baez at short. Hope this fucker decides he wants to actually throw the ball.
Baez doing the whole Beltre-Andrus but taking it way to far. I'm sure Maddon has some choice words for him in the dugout right now.
Baez still has those tendencies to go full blown rookie year. Trying to hit a homer on 2 fastballs shoulder high. Then swing at a 55 foot breaking ball in the opposite batters box.
Please for the love of god bench Baez, Maddon. Get your head out of the ****ing sand and manage at least one game this series.
Baez, you better not be swinging at fucking sliders 3 feet outside tonight if you are going to be lazy on defense.
Baez's instincts go to shit when he has a bat in his hand.

3 outs!

Now, regarding me talking out of my ass on Baez...

With a .412 BABIP over 80 PA. Baez is who he is--an undisciplined hacker with a 30+% K-rate.

He's exactly right.
Kris Bryant also had a 30% K-rate. Is he an undisciplined hacker too? Schwarber was 28%.
Kris Bryant doesn't strike out five times as often as he walks. You're a fucking idiot, man. Go back to the kids table.
A .420 BABIP is pretty much completely unheard of. Take it down to still an ungodly .350 and he's hitting .219 and getting on base 27% of the time.

Eighty ABs mean nothing.

The goal of batting is out prevention and run creation. Both Bryant and Baez can do that with their power. Bryant can also get on via walks. Baez can't.

[Reply]
jd1020 01:52 PM 07-21-2018
Every single one of those comments are from the WS and his struggles at the plate, save for 2 when he made a lazy throw to first, which go hand in hand with what I've just said.

You've said in the past that Baez wouldn't be able to stick at shortstop because he has a weak arm. He's been clocked by stat cast making a 94 MPH throw to home plate to throw someone out... what a ****ing noodle.

Now you are calling him an idiot when there isn't a single person in MLB that would even suggest it.

Baez is a showman and he wants to make something happen every time he's at the plate. That is the only thing holding him back.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:55 PM 07-21-2018
Everysingle one of those comments are from the WS and his struggles at the plate which go hand in hand with what I've just said.

You've said in the past that Baez wouldn't be able to stick at shortstop because he has a weak arm. He's been clocked by stat cast making a 94 MPH throw to home plate to throw someone out... what a fucking noodle.
No, many of them were from the 2015 LDS, so quit lying.

And please provide me proof of me impugning his throwing arm.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:01 PM 07-21-2018
Originally Posted by :
He's a bad defender because he boots a lot of balls, he has an average arm, and he has middling range.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...e#post11486285

There ya go bud.

Average arm, yet hes got one of the best arms in the game. Stick to what you know.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:30 PM 07-21-2018

Source: #Mets are getting 2 prospects Wahl and Toffey and international slot money for Familia

— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) July 21, 2018

Familia just set the price for Britton. No clue who those prospects are.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:18 PM 07-21-2018
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...e#post11486285

There ya go bud.

Average arm, yet hes got one of the best arms in the game. Stick to what you know.
Alright, I'll cop to being wrong about his arm. Now can you do the same to him being a clod given you ranted about him over two straight postseasons?
[Reply]
jd1020 03:29 PM 07-21-2018
Alright, I'll cop to being wrong about his arm. Now can you do the same to him being a clod given you ranted about him over two straight postseasons?
I've ranted about his approach at the plate and I wont stop until he changes.

He made one lazy throw and I called him out. He stepped in front of Rizzo on a pop up and took the ball out of his glove in the playoffs and I called him out. Those plays do not define him as a player.

The rest of them do. I was calling for his benching in the WS because he was actually embarrassing at the plate. And I still wouldn't trust him at the plate in a high leverage situation, like another WS, because he always wants to make something happen and a walk to him is practically an insult so he's going to expand the zone to Africa and swing at every single one of Kluber's sliders 2 feet off the plate.

He is FAR from a moron. Every part of his game is well above average minus his plate discipline.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:37 PM 07-21-2018
Same thing happened yesterday.

5-1 game, bases loaded, 1 out, Baez at the plate. He see's 4 pitches and swings at 3 of them when none were within a foot of the strike zone... strikeout.

If someone ever gets to him and teaches him how to be a more disciplined hitter he would be a ****ing scary player, easily the best player on the Cubs.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:26 PM 07-21-2018
Shildt doing the Cubs a solid after Gant went 5 or w/e innings without a strikeout or walk and the Cubs didn't score by letting Holland load the bases and then walk in the tying run.

[Reply]
jd1020 07:37 PM 07-21-2018
:-)

Matt Carpenter doesnt start and misses what would have been his first 3 AB's and then gets into the game and hits a HR in his first AB.

Bench him for Martinez when he's this hot...
[Reply]
bdj23 07:38 PM 07-21-2018
Carp has to be working his way into the NL MVP conversation.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:51 PM 07-21-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Carp has to be working his way into the NL MVP conversation.
we should trade him. This hot why wouldn’t we get some contenders top prospect? We are going nowhere this year. Sell high.

And just as a reminder, Fowler still ain’t doing shit.
[Reply]
Page 149 of 301
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199249 > Last »
Up