ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you agree with the play call that got Mahomes concussed?
Deberg_1990 06:25 PM 01-17-2021
Not sure why you wouldn’t call a run play with a RB there? I think the next play D Williams picked up 12 on a 4th and 1.

Did not like the call at all. Discuss.....
[Reply]
Monticore 08:15 PM 01-17-2021
Reid probably told pay to make sure he tosses but pat is way too competitive
[Reply]
wazu 08:17 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Has it escaped everyone's attention that the first TD we scored was the exact same play? Where was the outrage then?
Non-existent. I'm as guilty as Andy at being happy with the result, even if during the play I always hold my breath. We can win without having Mahomes take on linebackers as a running back.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:18 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
If you go back and look. He didn’t hit his head. Look like he got choked out

I agree with it. It’s football.
I thought he should've pitched the ball. Wasn't necessarily the call, it's PMII's decision to keep it...
[Reply]
Sorce 09:07 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Not sure why you wouldn’t call a run play with a RB there? I think the next play D Williams picked up 12 on a 4th and 1.

Did not like the call at all. Discuss.....

[Reply]
Azide22 10:56 PM 01-17-2021
No, I dont. Bad toe. Nuf said.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:05 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Ghost of Maslowski:
i'd have had less of a problem with it if we couldn't already see him limping around from whatever happened to his foot earlier in the game

the guy is the franchise and if he's already got a bad wheel then you need to come up with something better than that
No way I can even try to speak authoritatively on this, but to my eye it reminded me of problems I almost ALWAYS had with my feet in sports.

Whether it was soccer or basketball, I was constantly susceptible to 'tweaking' something in the structure, and then it would be painful but not debilitating.

I'd twist my ankle a bit on a rebound, or bruise my arch or buckle my toe on a kick, and when I was just concentrating on walking around it would hurt like hell, but when I was concentrating on playing, the pain would be suppressed. I don't know if it's a circulation thing or a nerve thing, but if you had time to process the pain, it would be painful, but if you focused on performing the muscle and ligament structures would still be fine.

That's clearly a rosy scenario, based on hope observing from the outside. But I spent years and years as the guy who limped around wincing between plays, then played just fine when the ball was back in play.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:05 AM 01-18-2021
I don't like it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:02 AM 01-18-2021
Kind of hard to make the option play work unless the QB is involved.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:22 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
No he hasn't. Mahomes plays like a complete softie on scrambles in the reg season. In fact, I don't think Ive ever seen a QB take less hits than Mahomes. Hes always sliding or going out of bounds in the regular season but in the playoffs he dont give a **** and plays to win the game as he should. Champion.
The qb who takes the least hits is Derek carr. I've never seen a qb slide right before the sticks on third downs the way he does. No wonder his teammates think the guys a sissy.
[Reply]
Danguardace 09:29 AM 01-18-2021
I am not being a hypocrite but whether it's Pat or Josh Allen or Baker I see too many designed run for QBs, guys that are now taking up more and more % of the cap. How many designed runs Brady/Brees ran over the last 20 years?
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:32 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
I am not being a hypocrite but whether it's Pat or Josh Allen or Baker I see too many designed run for QBs, guys that are now taking up more and more % of the cap. How many designed runs Brady/Brees ran over the last 20 years?
Brady is great at the qb sneak. He just scored yesterday running it in.
[Reply]
Danguardace 09:40 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Brady is great at the qb sneak. He just scored yesterday running it in.
I get you but not the same as running against uncontested Lineman
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:20 AM 01-18-2021
The Chiefs have struggled (relatively) all season with 3rd and 1 or 2 yard situations because they are not built to just run the ball up the middle when the defense is expecting run.

Obviously the traditional QB sneak is out of the question, so the QB option play is the type of high % play the Chiefs should run to convert.

Mahomes generally is good at avoiding big hits when he runs... in this case he didn't see the defender coming... it happens.
[Reply]
emaw1979 10:32 AM 01-18-2021
Yes. It's been a great play for them. It was an awkward and dangerous tackle. You shouldn't be able to tackle by the neck.
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:39 AM 01-18-2021
It’s time to draft fatties.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up