ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you agree with the play call that got Mahomes concussed?
Deberg_1990 06:25 PM 01-17-2021
Not sure why you wouldn’t call a run play with a RB there? I think the next play D Williams picked up 12 on a 4th and 1.

Did not like the call at all. Discuss.....
[Reply]
PHOG 07:09 PM 01-17-2021
I suppose that PMII has different thoughts, he's probably ready to go right now.

Suck it Bills
[Reply]
wazu 07:10 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
NO QB SNEAKS!! NO OPTION PLAYS!! NO 5 STEP DROPS BECAUSE HE THREW AN INTERCEPTION ONE TIME!!
Not what I'm saying at all. I think we should do QB sneaks. But running the option is different. That's a play that used to be completely out of the NFL because NFL QBs are too valuable. Then more running QBs started using it and it spread. I get that Mahomes is good at it, but it's miniscule in importance compared to him staying healthy and being able to execute our passing game.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:11 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by bobbything:
I hate the starter of this thread.
Somewhere, a bag a dicks are waiting to be sucked by DeBerg.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:16 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
The concussion has nothing to do with it. I think it was a dumb play call running an option with a hobbled QB already knowing you were going to go for it on 4th down.
Go with the successful play you've run dozens of times in the past, gimpy QB or no gimpy QB.

His toe isn't going to get fucked up any more than it would him running away from pressure. If you're that concerned about Mahomes' health with that toe, then he should have been sidelined the rest of the game when he got gimped up.

It's fucking football.
[Reply]
seamonster 07:17 PM 01-17-2021
Moronic play. He's a 500Mil face of the league. Not a 4th string backup. Lowering the shoulder and pretending to be a goal line RB ended the career of Cam. And Cam's got about 80 pounds on Mahomes. I've been saying this since last year. Mahomes has taken way too many hits.
[Reply]
kcjayhawks5 07:20 PM 01-17-2021
It was a freak thing just like the QB sneak in Denver. Here’s to hoping Patrick is a go for the Bills.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:30 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Go with the successful play you've run dozens of times in the past, gimpy QB or no gimpy QB.

His toe isn't going to get ****ed up any more than it would him running away from pressure. If you're that concerned about Mahomes' health with that toe, then he should have been sidelined the rest of the game when he got gimped up.

It's ****ing football.
It has nothing to do with Pat and the Chiefs. I don't like running a sideways play with a hobbled QB on 3rd and 1 when you know you're going to go for it on 4th down anyway. It's one yard you need with two plays. I thought that's what we brought Bell in for.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:41 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Not sure why you wouldn’t call a run play with a RB there? I think the next play D Williams picked up 12 on a 4th and 1.

They really should have the thumbs available on the OP.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:48 PM 01-17-2021
Has it escaped everyone's attention that the first TD we scored was the exact same play? Where was the outrage then?
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:01 PM 01-17-2021
I know if we score after the INT the game is basically over and we wouldn't be running risky plays with Mahomes. We just can't seem to finish team's off this year when we have the chance.
[Reply]
scho63 08:04 PM 01-17-2021
Mahomes did NOT get a concussion!

He got choked out with a sleeper hold and yanked neck. Head never hit ground. Twisted hard like he was at a chiropractor with the arm of the defender across his throat.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:05 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Moronic play. He's a 500Mil face of the league. Not a 4th string backup. Lowering the shoulder and pretending to be a goal line RB ended the career of Cam. And Cam's got about 80 pounds on Mahomes. I've been saying this since last year. Mahomes has taken way too many hits.
No he hasn't. Mahomes plays like a complete softie on scrambles in the reg season. In fact, I don't think Ive ever seen a QB take less hits than Mahomes. Hes always sliding or going out of bounds in the regular season but in the playoffs he dont give a fuck and plays to win the game as he should. Champion.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:08 PM 01-17-2021
No issue at all with the playcall. It's the playoffs, and Mahomes options are almost unstoppable.

My only issue is that he had the toe thing, but in the halftime interview Andy said that it wasn't enough of an injury to change his playcalling.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:08 PM 01-17-2021
Seems like injury risk is greater on that play than a sneak. How often do QBs get injured on sneaks? Wish we could go back to it.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:11 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

run the option with a 500 billion player and bad toe he hasn't looked good running all day. No don't agree. I am with it being a football play. He could have been sacked and hurt.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up