ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes and Reid elite closers, set another record
jerryaldini 10:14 PM 12-20-2020
The Chiefs have won six consecutive games by fewer than 7 points. That's an NFL record to you and me, Rusty. And the last 5 games is a 2015 Royals bullpen situation.

The six began with CAR game where the offense was unable to seal the deal after getting the ball at midfield at 1;53. Three and out, punting to the CAR 9 with 1:26 left and no timeouts. The defense rose to the occasion.

But in the last 5 games Andy and GOAT have put together impressive, non-because Chiefs days, game killing drives. Andy has become clock wizard with Mahomes. So the next time the Chiefs need to kill the clock, just chill baby chill. Here they are for your remembering pleasure:

LV 7 plays 75 yards 1:15 TD 35-31

TB 8 plays 33 yards 4:10 end of game

DEN 10 plays 55 yards 5:03 FG 22-16

MIA 10 plays 47 yards 3:07 FG 33-27

NO 7 plays 34 yards 2:06 end of game
[Reply]
Dayze 08:03 AM 12-21-2020
I think the game wouldn't have even been close if D-Rob didn't D-Rob it at the end of the half.

that gave the Aints and spark / hope for the 2nd half. wouldve been totally different if the chiefs were up by 17 mid way through the 3rd.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:10 AM 12-21-2020
Since we’re talking about cool stats, Mahomes is now 9-0 in his career against top-5 defenses. Wow.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:14 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I think the game wouldn't have even been close if D-Rob didn't D-Rob it at the end of the half.

that gave the Aints and spark / hope for the 2nd half. wouldve been totally different if the chiefs were up by 17 mid way through the 3rd.
That and Mahomes fumble around the 30 yard line.

I think it was 29-15 Chiefs at that point?

One thing I’ve learned this season.....Only the Chiefs can beat the Chiefs.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:16 AM 12-21-2020
I've had a lot of issues with how Andy closes out games. But ever since he trusted mahomes it looks pretty awesome. And I'd have to think it's vice versa. How many times have we gone for it on 4th down because mahomes pleaded to the sidelines? It's pretty crazy to think about how perfect a qb mahomes is for Reid.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:34 AM 12-21-2020
I don't remember Reid being an elite closer until Mahomes became starter. We've had some epic collapses under Reid in big games prior to Mahomes. They're a great compliment to each other but I think Mahomes should get most the credit.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:36 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
I don't remember Reid being an elite closer until Mahomes became starter. We've had some epic collapses under Reid in big games prior to Mahomes. They're a great compliment to each other but I think Mahomes should get most the credit.

He wasn’t. Mahomes gives him the confidence to be more aggressive trying to pick up 1st downs late in games. Those more aggressive playcalls are still very high percentage because of Mahomes’ skillset.

It’s just a great combo.
[Reply]
O.city 08:37 AM 12-21-2020
All coaches are great closers when they have great qbs

Shocking development
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:49 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
Reid still takes his foot off the gas a bit too early sometimes and makes games closer than they should be...
You know what happens when he doesn't take his foot off the gas? Mahomes gets crushed and fumbles the ball because our decimated OL can't hold back an elite pass rush. Be careful what you wish for.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:07 AM 12-21-2020
Savor these momets ya'll.. don't pick them apart.

This ride doesn't come around very often.
[Reply]
O.city 09:36 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
You know what happens when he doesn't take his foot off the gas? Mahomes gets crushed and fumbles the ball because our decimated OL can't hold back an elite pass rush. Be careful what you wish for.
People would have been pissed because they always are but on the 3rd and 10 when he got smashed and fumbled, I told my BIL I’d just run it and punt.

You’re up 2 scores and the saints offense looks like a popgun
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:37 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
All coaches are great closers when they have great qbs

Shocking development
Yes, they are. As long as they trust their guy to get the job done and are a little aggressive when it's "winning time."
[Reply]
O.city 09:39 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yes, they are. As long as they trust their guy to get the job done and are a little aggressive when it's "winning time."
I just hate the “andy has become this or that”

Nah. He’s what he’s always been he just has a hall of fame Ray qb who he trusts now.

Andy has always been a great head coach.
[Reply]
bowener 09:42 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Reid called a great game. Probably the best playcalling of any game this season. I can't think of a single play in today's game that I questioned. That's elite level coaching. Of course helps having Mahomes.
I can't agree with you. He knows the OL is backups of backups and yet he called a ton of deep routes and plays that take forever to develop. It got more frustrating to watch because the Saints D made it clear they were sticking with the double high safeties. The reverses were especially terrible choices against a fast defense too. Chiefs had success rushing the ball and should have gone to the run more often early to wear down that defense and make shit easy for the garbage OL.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:49 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Since we’re talking about cool stats, Mahomes is now 9-0 in his career against top-5 defenses. Wow.
THAT is amazing!
[Reply]
Azide22 10:01 AM 12-21-2020
I dont think he took the foot off the pedal last 2 weeks at least. They made costly turnovers, and were playing good teams. Miami game - Mahomes puts ball to Hill on last INT 5 yards deeper, its 37-10. Now throwing deep balls up 20 isnt taking pedal off.

This week, they were playing for it still - but sack fumble gave them a chance and some momentum, but on 2nd down after 2 min warning- pass play that all but sealed game. That was aggressive.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up