ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes and Reid elite closers, set another record
jerryaldini 10:14 PM 12-20-2020
The Chiefs have won six consecutive games by fewer than 7 points. That's an NFL record to you and me, Rusty. And the last 5 games is a 2015 Royals bullpen situation.

The six began with CAR game where the offense was unable to seal the deal after getting the ball at midfield at 1;53. Three and out, punting to the CAR 9 with 1:26 left and no timeouts. The defense rose to the occasion.

But in the last 5 games Andy and GOAT have put together impressive, non-because Chiefs days, game killing drives. Andy has become clock wizard with Mahomes. So the next time the Chiefs need to kill the clock, just chill baby chill. Here they are for your remembering pleasure:

LV 7 plays 75 yards 1:15 TD 35-31

TB 8 plays 33 yards 4:10 end of game

DEN 10 plays 55 yards 5:03 FG 22-16

MIA 10 plays 47 yards 3:07 FG 33-27

NO 7 plays 34 yards 2:06 end of game
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:18 PM 12-20-2020
Definitely elite. Mahomes has been magic burning time and getting points.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:21 PM 12-20-2020
And I never, at any point, felt like they were gonna lose any of those games.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:22 PM 12-20-2020
Also, I believe another record fell today. I think its the first time we went undefeated on the road in a season (heard it mentioned today)
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:26 PM 12-20-2020
It's been great. And the best part is that Andy hasn't been just old school running the ball to take more time off. He trusts Mahomes to make the plays to move the chains. It's aggressive, and it's successful.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:28 PM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Also, I believe another record fell today. I think its the first time we went undefeated on the road in a season (heard it mentioned today)
It's also the first time any team in history has 5 road wins in a single season against teams that finished above 500, it could move to 6 depends on the Raiders.
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:31 PM 12-20-2020
Reid called a great game. Probably the best playcalling of any game this season. I can't think of a single play in today's game that I questioned. That's elite level coaching. Of course helps having Mahomes.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 10:53 PM 12-20-2020
Reid still takes his foot off the gas a bit too early sometimes and makes games closer than they should be...
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:03 PM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
Reid still takes his foot off the gas a bit too early sometimes and makes games closer than they should be...
I don’t think he takes his foot off the gas too early, but definitely earlier than the fans would like. We still won all of those games, so it wasn’t too early.

This is where you can tell which analysts and “experts” actually watch the Chiefs play and which ones just glance over the box score.

There is a HUGE difference between winning on the final play of the game and having a huge lead then taking your foot off the gas. Both games might have the same margin of victory, but both tell very different stories.

I think we all know that we won’t lay off the gas in the playoffs until the game is well in hand.

Reid is perfectly fine with a bunch of close wins in the regular season. He doesn’t run the score up like Baltimore, but it would be fun to see him do it a few times.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:05 PM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
And I never, at any point, felt like they were gonna lose any of those games.
Same... 15 is the ultimate cheat code and his entire team damn well knows it, they always know they've got a legit shot
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:22 PM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Reid called a great game. Probably the best playcalling of any game this season. I can't think of a single play in today's game that I questioned. That's elite level coaching. Of course helps having Mahomes.
I disagree slightly. Reid's play calling in the red zone was much improved compared to previous games, but overall he put Mahomes in the line of fire too much.

With our poor offensive line play, Reid once again called a majority of passing plays that did not have short check downs or shallow crosses, etc. He has developed a habit of calling plays with routes that take longer than 2.5 seconds to develop, forcing Mahomes to hold onto the ball longer than 2.5 seconds.

The offensive line is a patchwork of 2nd and 3rd stringers, and Reid calls plays like we have Roaf, Waters, Wiegmann, Shields, and Tait out there.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 11:33 PM 12-20-2020
Loved the play calling at the end of the game.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 12:10 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I disagree slightly. Reid's play calling in the red zone was much improved compared to previous games, but overall he put Mahomes in the line of fire too much.

With our poor offensive line play, Reid once again called a majority of passing plays that did not have short check downs or shallow crosses, etc. He has developed a habit of calling plays with routes that take longer than 2.5 seconds to develop, forcing Mahomes to hold onto the ball longer than 2.5 seconds.

The offensive line is a patchwork of 2nd and 3rd stringers, and Reid calls plays like we have Roaf, Waters, Wiegmann, Shields, and Tait out there.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Agreed. He adjusted in the 2nd half, but Im confused why we had that game plan at all vs that rush with Schwartz & Remmers out, and why it took until after half to run more quick passing game.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:47 AM 12-21-2020
Agree that you can tell which analysts are watching the Chiefs closely and which are not.

The ones expressing “concern” about the
chiefs are not watching (or taking the oppositional viewpoint because someone has to).

Throughout this win streak, the number of teams who had the ball in the 4th quarter with a shot to tie or take the lead is small (3 games out of 9).

The Chiefs 4-minute offense has been excellently efficient and clock choking.
[Reply]
HayWire 07:10 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
Agreed. I'm guilty of yelling "Fat Andy" at the TV when he lets up.

I know he's known as a nice guy and he doesn't want to run the score up but damn.

While I do wish he would have more of a "step on your throat" mentality it's also kind of pointless to bitch when we are the defending champions.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up