ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Worried about Butker
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:45 AM 08-08-2019
With the way this offense scores I'm concerned Butker is going to be overworked and have a short career because of this. Was it a mistake to sign him to a long term contract??

In 2018 this is what he had to do:

87 Kick offs

69 extra point attempts

27 FG attempts

Thats 183 times he had to swing that leg. 11.4 Times per game.

If Mahomes and company match or exceed last year I just think he's gonna be worn out.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 11:38 PM 01-17-2021
Look at this picture thompson holding the ball way too high. That is my real concerns
Attached: 20210117_233616.jpg (89.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:48 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...conversion-pct

Chiefs ranked 28th.

So there is definitely room for improvement.
I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement. I bet he thinks there is.

What I've always been saying is that he'll be fine. He's not missing because he's inaccurate or inconsistent. His stats prove the exact opposite.

His misses are in fact anomalies. He's a young kicker, and something's not quite right with his routine this season. And he had a new holder this season. Which I said might be a problem when Colquitt was released.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:58 PM 01-17-2021
We’ll be fine.

We’re in the Mahomes era.

Otherwise known as the era of KC football where kickers no longer define our destiny.
[Reply]
-King- 01:39 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
Look at this picture thompson holding the ball way too high. That is my real concerns
1) who's Thompson?

2) how is that "too high"? What does that even mean?
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:46 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
Not sure what we mean by "holding it too high." But Townsend's right hand is definitely late getting out of the way, from that pic. Wouldn't be surprised at all if the ball hit his fingers on the way up.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:05 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:

And how did Townsend mess up the hold on the first one?
Someone mentioned it in the gdt, iirc. And I just read in the post-game review that Townsend mishandled the first hold. They didn’t say how specifically. I’ll have to check the play when I Rewatch the game to figure it out now.

Actually, what am I thinking? I don’t have a problem with Butker, you idiots do.

Do us all a favor, and rewatch those plays yourself. Of course, it would be even better if you simply did that before whining about it, so that you at least were able to be accurate in your criticism. But that would be asking too much, I suppose.
[Reply]
lcarus 03:39 AM 01-18-2021
He'll be fine. First year with a new rookie holder. They'll get more consistent.

Regular season stats:
0-19 yards: 2/2
20-29: 7/7
30-39: 9/9
40-49: 3/5
50 plus: 4/4
XPs: 48/54

League average for XPs is around 93.5%. If he just makes 2 more of those missed XPs, he's right there. Those misses today could've been costly. The wind gusts were gnarly. Shit happens. Whenever we've absolutely had to have a FG in late game situations, he's been money.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:04 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
Also I think the snap is getting there a little late, Shoes, townsend, loopy snaps and maybe the hold is off. Maybe more or less downwards pressure, lil grease on the index finger, works for my wife and we get the extra point every time.
Yeah, the second snap the ball looked like it was still spinning when Butker kicked it. Is it a late snap, a slow hold, is Butker kicking it too soon?
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:41 AM 01-18-2021
If and when it costs us a game, let’s talk. Until then, this sounds like a whole lotta nothing after, yet another, Chiefs win.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:43 AM 01-18-2021
The first XP hold was bad. Not sure if it was a bad snap or just a bad catch, but Townsend was a little off in getting the ball down.

Missed FG was just a miss.

I’ll still take my chances with Butker, especially with the game on the line. He’s a very good place kicker.
[Reply]
O.city 08:58 AM 01-18-2021
The snaps all day were just a little bit off. High, inside etc. It matters, it's all timing.

Best bet to not have to worry about him? Score TDs.
[Reply]
Hayneplane 09:00 AM 01-18-2021
Weird thing is that when watching him I feel more comfortable and confident on a 50-60 yard field goal attempt than a chip shot range extra points attempt.

Seems like it’s more a mental lapse than anything else as he has the leg strength and accuracy to hang them over from miles out.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:04 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
We should just start going for 2 all the time and stop kicking short FGs. Probably better overall anyway even w/o Butker's yips.
Generally I'd agree when Mahomes is feeling hot, but we don't have a reliable enough short-yardage run game to make going for 2 consistently a viable tactic.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:05 AM 01-18-2021
He's been shaky at times but the crazy thing is that his FG% is actually up this year compared to past years, and he's still top 10 in the league.

His XPs have been iffy, but at least those have only cost us a total of 6 points on the year.

"2020 NFL Kicking & Punting | Pro-Football-Reference.com" https://www.pro-football-reference.c...20/kicking.htm
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:27 AM 01-18-2021
Whats just stupid is he misses the XP and then kicks off right thru the uprights.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up