ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Worried about Butker
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:45 AM 08-08-2019
With the way this offense scores I'm concerned Butker is going to be overworked and have a short career because of this. Was it a mistake to sign him to a long term contract??

In 2018 this is what he had to do:

87 Kick offs

69 extra point attempts

27 FG attempts

Thats 183 times he had to swing that leg. 11.4 Times per game.

If Mahomes and company match or exceed last year I just think he's gonna be worn out.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
petegz28 10:46 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
:-)
Down the stretch Butker's been bad, huh? So since the bye week, right?

So the fact that Butker was perfect, as in 100% in both XPs and FGs since the bye week (10) somehow escaped your razor-sharp attention?

In other words, it was actually Butker's excellence as a kicker that helped the team win all those one-score games.

I won't ask if you actually watched those games, but it's clear that some of you have trouble with accurate recollection.
I can't argue that he hasn't put up a ton of points. If he has been 100% since then I will ...nah still not cutting him slack.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:50 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We haven't won a game by more than 1 score or double digits in 9 straight games. Missing XP's and FG's has something to with that. Not all of it but some of it.
How many points has he cost us in "9 straight games"?
[Reply]
-King- 10:51 PM 01-17-2021
:-)
Never mind that Niemann has exactly nothing to do with scoring, which is basically Butker's job. Or that Niemann's not a starter. And I'm not even going to address the stupid 'drunk driving' comment, because it has exactly nothing to do with this conversation.

XPs haven't even come close to deciding a Chiefs W/L in well over 50 games. But what's Butker's success rate over those 50 games?

More importantly, what's his success rate on FGs over those 50 games, because who cares really about a half dozen points spread over 50 games, but FGs are actually worth 3 points a piece, so how many has Butker missed over the last half-hundred?

And while we're at it, how many game-deciding FGs has Butker missed, vs. how many has he made?

There's exactly ONE kicker that is statistically better than Butker. Guess how many he missed this weekend?

You're bitching about gnat-shit.
So your basically admitting that Butkers performance is only okay because we have Mahomes and not because of his own performance.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:53 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
How many points has he cost us in "9 straight games"?
Cost us 4 today...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:54 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
This late in the season, Buttkicker should be used to how Tommy holds his balls.

I have never seen something like this with a kicker. He is the worst Extra Point kicker in Chiefs history. :-)
You must have missed the Buffalo/Baltimore game yesterday, or any number of other games since the XP was moved back.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:55 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Cost us 4 today...
How about those other games where you claimed we lost points?
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:03 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
So your basically admitting that Butkers performance is only okay because we have Mahomes and not because of his own performance.
Did he or did he not kick perfectly down the stretch?

In fact, hasn't he been perfect in about 90% of his games? Maybe more than that? 95%?

Is he not the statistically 2nd best kicker in the league? For like the last two years? Did we not just watch the best kicker in the NFL miss two FGs yesterday? You think they're over there in BAL bitching about how they need to trade for another kicker?

You think there's a big pile of better kickers just waiting to be picked up next season? Got a few names for us to laugh at?

Going and getting another kicker would literally be trading down, significantly.

EDIT: Over his 4-year career with the Chiefs, Butker has made 90.5% of his FGs (121) and 93.5% of his XPs (186). 549 points in total. Makes him the highest scoring player on the team, iirc. And the most reliable. Oh, and his success rate on FGs this year was the highest of his career, 92.5%.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:03 PM 01-17-2021
You must have missed the Buffalo/Baltimore game yesterday, or any number of other games since the XP was moved back.
You must have missed Butker shanking 2 easy kicks and costing the team 4 points today.

This is the Playoffs- every single point matters.

The Chiefs have a history of losing Playoff games because of idiot kickers. Fans have every right to feel nervous about it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:17 PM 01-17-2021
You must have missed Butker shanking 2 easy kicks and costing the team 4 points today.

This is the Playoffs- every single point matters.

The Chiefs have a history of losing Playoff games because of idiot kickers. Fans have every right to feel nervous about it.
That's fine, but I was clearly responding to this specific line:

I have never seen something like this with a kicker. He is the worst Extra Point kicker in Chiefs history. :-)
I, then, pointed to a specific recent example. Your response here appears to have no connection to my post at all.
[Reply]
-King- 11:25 PM 01-17-2021
Did he or did he not kick perfectly down the stretch?

In fact, hasn't he been perfect in about 90% of his games? Maybe more than that? 95%?

Is he not the statistically 2nd best kicker in the league? For like the last two years? Did we not just watch the best kicker in the NFL miss two FGs yesterday? You think they're over there in BAL bitching about how they need to trade for another kicker?

You think there's a big pile of better kickers just waiting to be picked up next season? Got a few names for us to laugh at?

Going and getting another kicker would literally be trading down, significantly.

EDIT: Over his 4-year career with the Chiefs, Butker has made 90.5% of his FGs (121) and 93.5% of his XPs (186). 549 points in total. Makes him the highest scoring player on the team, iirc. And the most reliable. Oh, and his success rate on FGs this eyar was the highest of his career, 92.5%.
I never said we shouldn't cut him. Even in the season when he was struggling my suggestion was to let him keep kicking past the bye week. If he missed one after the bye, then consider going for 2 more. If not then it's all gravy. And guess what, looked like he fixed whatever the issue was...

Until today when he misses 2 kicks that should be gimmes and it could have cost us the game. You don't understand why people are anxious after touchdowns?

Do you think when he goes into ST meetings, coach Toub is going to say "All is good, we won, no issues to work on"?
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:25 PM 01-17-2021
That's fine, but I was clearly responding to this specific line:

I, then, pointed to a specific recent example. Your response here appears to have no connection to my post at all.
And you discounted the sentence after that one. "Chiefs History".

Butker has missed more Extra Points than any kicker I can remember. I was specifically talking about Extra Points. He nails 50 yarders but shanks Extra Points at a record pace. It is uncanny.

I guess you guys don't think this is worth talking about. :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:28 PM 01-17-2021
26-17

Less stress with 2 minutes left.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:31 PM 01-17-2021
And you discounted the sentence after that one. "Chiefs History".

Butker has missed more Extra Points than any kicker I can remember. I was specifically talking about Extra Points. He nails 50 yarders but shanks Extra Points at a record pace. It is uncanny.

I guess you guys don't think this is worth talking about. :-)
How many other Chiefs' kickers since the rule change to move it back have a higher success rate than Butker (93.5%)? Even this year, which is statistically his worst year kicking XPs, he's still 90%. Ninety percent.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 11:32 PM 01-17-2021
I'm saying Thompson holding it wrong or something cause when colquitt was here harrison kicks were straight.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:34 PM 01-17-2021
How many other Chiefs' kickers since the rule change to move it back have a higher success rate than Butker (93.5%)? Even this year, which is statistically his worst year kicking XPs, he's still 90%. Ninety percent.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...conversion-pct

Chiefs ranked 28th.

So there is definitely room for improvement.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up