ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Worried about Butker
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:45 AM 08-08-2019
With the way this offense scores I'm concerned Butker is going to be overworked and have a short career because of this. Was it a mistake to sign him to a long term contract??

In 2018 this is what he had to do:

87 Kick offs

69 extra point attempts

27 FG attempts

Thats 183 times he had to swing that leg. 11.4 Times per game.

If Mahomes and company match or exceed last year I just think he's gonna be worn out.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 08:36 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Stupidest overreaction of the century.
You've never read a Pete thread?
[Reply]
-King- 09:12 PM 01-17-2021
Dumb? Please list the games that the Chiefs have lost because of a missed extra point since Mahomes became the starter.
None. Please list all the games that they've lost because of Ben Neimann.

Guess that means they shouldn't try to replace him or figure out how to make him work! Great argument!

It's the drunk driver saying it's okay he keeps drinking and driving because he hasn't got in an accident.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:44 PM 01-17-2021
Dumb? Please list the games that the Chiefs have lost because of a missed extra point since Mahomes became the starter.
Butker missing an easy FG and or an extra point in half our games this year is a concern. He must have some kind of mental block that jinxes him on short yardage.

He makes me nervous after every TD, you just can't count on him with extra points.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:45 PM 01-17-2021
Can we carry 3 kickers? One for punts, one for XP's and FG's inside 50 and one for outside 50?

Otherwise I say get through this season and he has to go.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:46 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Butker missing an easy FG and or an extra point in half our games this year is a concern. He must have some kind of mental block that jinxes him on short yardage.

He makes me nervous after every TD, you just can't count on him with extra points.
I think it's something to do with the holder. He wasn't like this when MVP was holding for him. Not saying the holder is doing anything wrong but it is change.
[Reply]
tk13 09:50 PM 01-17-2021
It's been a weird year for kickers. Justin Tucker has been hit and miss. Wil Lutz for the Saints is as automatic as it gets and he was shaky down the stretch. Koo for the Falcons was maybe the best kicker in the league this year, and even he choked to give the Chiefs the 1 seed. It's not like there's a bunch of guys sitting out there on the waiver wire, you'd just be rolling the dice. At least Butker has a pretty good resume of hitting the big kicks.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:54 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I think it's something to do with the holder. He wasn't like this when MVP was holding for him. Not saying the holder is doing anything wrong but it is change.
This late in the season, Buttkicker should be used to how Tommy holds his balls.

I have never seen something like this with a kicker. He is the worst Extra Point kicker in Chiefs history. :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 09:56 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
This late in the season, Buttkicker should be used to how Tommy holds his balls.

I have never seen something like this with a kicker. He is the worst Extra Point kicker in Chiefs history. :-)
I agree but he seems to have the same problem when he is missing and that is pulling them. I know he has missed some wide right but usually it's to the left. Both today were to the left as well.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:13 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
None. Please list all the games that they've lost because of Ben Neimann.

Guess that means they shouldn't try to replace him or figure out how to make him work! Great argument!

It's the drunk driver saying it's okay he keeps drinking and driving because he hasn't got in an accident.
:-)
Never mind that Niemann has exactly nothing to do with scoring, which is basically Butker's job. Or that Niemann's not a starter. And I'm not even going to address the stupid 'drunk driving' comment, because it has exactly nothing to do with this conversation.

XPs haven't even come close to deciding a Chiefs W/L in well over 50 games. But what's Butker's success rate over those 50 games?

More importantly, what's his success rate on FGs over those 50 games, because who cares really about a half dozen points spread over 50 games, but FGs are actually worth 3 points a piece, so how many has Butker missed over the last half-hundred?

And while we're at it, how many game-deciding FGs has Butker missed, vs. how many has he made?

There's exactly ONE kicker that is statistically better than Butker. Guess how many he missed this weekend?

You're bitching about gnat-shit.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:16 PM 01-17-2021
Never mind that Niemann has exactly nothing to do with scoring, which is basically Butker's job. Or that Niemann's not a starter. And I'm not even going to address the stupid 'drunk driving' comment, because it has exactly nothing to do with this conversation.

XPs haven't even come close to deciding a Chiefs W/L in well over 50 games. But what's Butker's success rate over those 50 games?

More importantly, what's his success rate on FGs over those 50 games, because who cares really about a half dozen points spread over 50 games, but FGs are actually worth 3 points a piece, so how many has Butker missed over the last half-hundred?

And while we're at it, how many game-deciding FGs has Butker missed, vs. how many has he made?

There's exactly ONE kicker that is statistically better than Butker. Guess how many he missed this weekend?

You're bitching about gnat-shit.

We haven't won a game by more than 1 score or double digits in 9 straight games. Missing XP's and FG's has something to with that. Not all of it but some of it.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 10:18 PM 01-17-2021
It's gotta be the shoes, also new holder this year, laces out townsend-finkel. Laces out bitch.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 10:22 PM 01-17-2021
Also I think the snap is getting there a little late, Shoes, townsend, loopy snaps and maybe the hold is off. Maybe more or less downwards pressure, lil grease on the index finger, works for my wife and we get the extra point every time.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 10:37 PM 01-17-2021
Lol leg kick count. Doesn't work like that. That said, these easy misses almost became a big problem today.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:44 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We haven't won a game by more than 1 score or double digits in 9 straight games. Missing XP's and FG's has something to with that. Not all of it but some of it.
Down the stretch Butker's been bad, huh? So since the bye week, right?

So the fact that Butker was perfect, as in 100% in both XPs and FGs since the bye week (10) somehow escaped your razor-sharp attention?

In other words, it was actually Butker's excellence as a kicker that helped the team win all those one-score games.

I won't ask if you actually watched those games, but it's clear that some of you have trouble with accurate recollection.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:46 PM 01-17-2021
Chiefs aren't dumping the 2nd most accurate kicker in NFL history any time soon. Not unless this guy completely bombs over the next few weeks anyway (and even then, no).

It's a non issue.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up