ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 79
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Covers you like better than the original.
BigMeatballDave 01:29 PM 09-17-2015
I don't remember if we've done this before, but if we have, bite me. :-)

Manfred Mann: Blinded by the light

Bruce Springsteen:
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:45 PM 12-19-2015
This is the original

This is not really a cover cuz it's by the original singer but with a different band and vibe. Not that many of you care for reggae but I'm buzzed and am sharing anyway..

[Reply]
trndobrd 09:16 PM 12-19-2015
Not going to say better than the original....but a lot of fun and distinctly different take, especially if you've ever wondered what Black Sabbath would sound like with a horn section.

[Reply]
Saccopoo 12:24 AM 12-20-2015
Originally Posted by smellypitts:
Can you handle this?

As well done as anything in this thread.

A+
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:41 AM 12-20-2015
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
Not going to say better than the original....but a lot of fun and distinctly different take, especially if you've ever wondered what Black Sabbath would sound like with a horn section.

Holy shit, that is fucking bad ass!!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:06 AM 12-20-2015

Totally different vibe than the original, but I really like it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:44 AM 12-20-2015
An honorable attempt.

[Reply]
beach tribe 12:21 PM 12-20-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Im probably one of the few people who prefers NIN's version.
I like Johnny and his version, but the original is a MASTERPIECE of ART and expression of personal pain, regret, guilt and emotion.

It would be impossible for someone to cover it and make it more than what it was because all that shit came from inside Reznor.

Anyone who thinks Johnny's version is better has listened to them but didn't hear shit,
[Reply]
srvy 05:54 PM 12-23-2015
Just caught this Simon and Garfunkel classic. While I wont say it better it is very good in an angry sort of way.
If this has been posted sorry and sue me.

[Reply]
Saccopoo 10:41 AM 02-14-2016
Original:

Cover:

Both superb.
[Reply]
penchief 11:01 AM 02-14-2016
Originally Posted by Frosty:
One of my top "covers better than the original":

It's a beautiful version and I love it. But the Velvets and Lou Reed have multiple versions that I prefer.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:09 PM 02-14-2016
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
this is the best cover of Superstar by the Carpenter's ever... just listen to the whole thing:

This song was written by Leon Russell and Bonnie Bramlett, and came out on a Delaney & Bonnie record as well sung by Rita Coolidge on Mad Dogs & Englishmen- the Carpenters version, though the biggest hit, is actually a cover.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:18 PM 02-14-2016
Originally Posted by smellypitts:
Can you handle this?

have you ever seen the movie that Jane's/Ice-T clip is from??

It's called "GIFT" and it's quite simply a mindfuck. A 90 minute montage of Lolla-era Jane's interspersed with Perry and Casey's macabre drug-induced home movie about loving a corpse...

'Don't Call Me' is actually the least uneasy moment in the whole film. It's like a release...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:23 PM 02-14-2016
Originally Posted by Shag:
If it wasn't for Cash stealing the song, NiN may have actually been something, right?

Reznor himself gushed over the cover, and even said the song wasn't his anymore after Cash's version. Cash's version is the quintessential version of the song, like it or not.
I like both versions, but give the edge to NIN - the piano is harrowing, and adds a suspense to the accompanying narrative, which is more purely self-loathing with Reznor's pleading delivery.

Plus I prefer the lyrics in their unaltered state.
[Reply]
Toby Waller 04:28 PM 02-14-2016
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
have you ever seen the movie that Jane's/Ice-T clip is from??

It's called "GIFT" and it's quite simply a mind****. A 90 minute montage of Lolla-era Jane's interspersed with Perry and Casey's macabre drug-induced home movie about loving a corpse...

'Don't Call Me' is actually the least uneasy moment in the whole film. It's like a release...
I've seen pieces on youtube. I now know the guy who was one of the 3 heads of triple X Records who was the guy in his underwear in tge dominatricks scene.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:36 PM 02-14-2016

[Reply]
Page 19 of 79
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Up