ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 273 of 341
« First < 173223263269270271272273 274275276277283323 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 10:53 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I recently had a family member get it in her eye. IN her mother fucking EYE! I didn't even know that was possible, but you can bet your ass I'll be getting the vaccination after seeing that.
Fuck. That sounds like something out of a horror movie. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:44 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Nevada is nice - HOT - but nice. I have 160 acres in Wyoming that we bought several years back as a "last place" to make our stand (so to speak). You've never felt wind until you spend a day or two in Wyoming :-)

The thing that tipped the scales for me (personally) was (1) the price of land and (2) the lack of humans......

Over the years, we have built our main home and a home for our kids (boy and girl), barns, wells, livestock, Generac generators and a medium sized wind turbine. None of this came cheaply. The thing about living away from folks is that it costs an arm and a leg to be "separate" from others. Our nearest neighbors are the ranch about 10-12 miles North of us.

But yet, nothing strikes me as "free" as waking up on a snowy morning and being able to step out my back door, take a leak :-) and firing a few rounds at Jacks or a coyote. Try doing that in a subdivision here in Johnson County and they'll haul your ass to the jail :-)

Our only derisive decision is when too sell out here in Kansas and head out there one last time. For some odd-assed reason, I feel the time growing closer each day.........
What part of WY? One of my best friends is retired up there near Pinedale, WY. We get together and fish the Green R. below Fontenelle Dam just north of Kemmerer every July.

Great country. And the fishing is great.

I've always thought about buying a small ranch in MT, but since I started visiting in WY, I've considered there as well.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:27 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Wyoming is beautiful. I love that state so much. If I ever left Kansas (and not the USA) I would move there.

Montana was also on the list too, but after looking at houses out of boredom I think that's out of the question. A home similar to mine in Kalispell is about 375k.

Yeah, it didn't take us long to decide on Wyoming. Apart from the wind - it is beautiful country. We, too, had thought about Montana but seems as though Californians have found out about Montana and are moving there in droves..... :-)
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:32 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I didn’t know you had cancer.

Sorry to hear that my man.
Thanks! Yeah throat and neck cancer. 2019 was a real hoot for me. Chemo and radiation. I was out of touch with the world for most of the year. There were days that I wanted to check out, but my wonderful Wife kept me on an even keel. Then 2020 hit......what a mess...now, 2021, I get a case of shingles. On the right side of my face and in the outer parts of my right eye. Good news, however, is is treatable; but damn! Do NOT HESITATE to get a shingles vaccination!!! This shit is painful. Unfortunately I had no idea that my shingles vaccination was killed off with the cancer treatment.......

Hey..life goes on.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:35 PM 01-16-2021
. You've never felt wind until you spend a day or two in Wyoming :-)
Ummmmm.... Yeah. I’ll go ahead and beg to differ. They don’t call them the wind swept plains for nothing.

There is nothing between me and 20 miles of nothing. Not even a tree. Wind blew 40-65 for like 36 straight hours and calmed down last night.

It’s way better in town but yeah, out in the country, yeah I know about wind.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:40 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
What part of WY? One of my best friends is retired up there near Pinedale, WY. We get together and fish the Green R. below Fontenelle Dam just north of Kemmerer every July.

Great country. And the fishing is great.

I've always thought about buying a small ranch in MT, but since I started visiting in WY, I've considered there as well.

Our ranch is North and West of Cheyenne about 30 miles (hell, there isn't a town anywhere near us) and we chose that for a reason. We drive about 35 miles to get groceries, so we stay fairly well stocked up. When we aren't there, our Son and his family are. He takes care of the place (livestock) and when we head out there, he comes back to Kansas.

That's where we are now - preparing to make the big move out there. Putting the houses here on the market, etc. I have to admit that I'm a little torn about the move - hell I love living here near KC, but the times, they are a changing my friend.......
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:44 PM 01-16-2021
Ummmmm.... Yeah. I’ll go ahead and beg to differ. They don’t call them the wind swept plains for nothing.

There is nothing between me and 20 miles of nothing. Not even a tree. Wind blew 40-65 for like 36 straight hours and calmed down last night.

Yep....I'll never forget when my Wife and I were researching Wyoming. We were ups in the very north east part on the east of the Thunder Basin - and the wind was so damned bad - it literally blew my truck (a RAM 1500) off the road. Scared the hell out of us - but we had a laugh about it.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 03:56 PM 01-16-2021
Thanks! I had a very good friend that lived just off I-76 in Brighton until he sold out and moved - couldn't take the politics of Denver any longer.

Funny thing about living the "American Dream" - it's expensive. That's why we started readying ourselves years and years ago. We're not "preppers" as such, just wanted something different. Having lived all over the world, my Wife and I just got tired of the "same old, same old" and we wanted something else for our kids and grand kids.

I don't have a great deal of time left any longer - so I wanted the Wife, kids and grandkids left with the ability to live without me. Hell, I woke up about a week ago with a raging case of shingles. Seems as though the Oncologists neglected to let me know that radiation and chemo destroys the shingles vaccination. Par for the course.....:-)
You sound ornery enough to beat about anything. Had a Chemistry Professor who walked with a cane. He had radiation treatment back in the early 60's. First day of class he sits down, throws his cane on the table and explained why he needs a cane.

At the end of his introduction he gave his reasoning for still being around-
"God didn't want me because I am too damn ornery and the Devil don't want me because he fears competition".

You are in my prayers Flagg.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:48 PM 01-16-2021
Nevada is nice - HOT - but nice. I have 160 acres in Wyoming that we bought several years back as a "last place" to make our stand (so to speak). You've never felt wind until you spend a day or two in Wyoming :-)

The thing that tipped the scales for me (personally) was (1) the price of land and (2) the lack of humans......

Over the years, we have built our main home and a home for our kids (boy and girl), barns, wells, livestock, Generac generators and a medium sized wind turbine. None of this came cheaply. The thing about living away from folks is that it costs an arm and a leg to be "separate" from others. Our nearest neighbors are the ranch about 10-12 miles North of us.

But yet, nothing strikes me as "free" as waking up on a snowy morning and being able to step out my back door, take a leak :-) and firing a few rounds at Jacks or a coyote. Try doing that in a subdivision here in Johnson County and they'll haul your ass to the jail :-)

Our only derisive decision is when too sell out here in Kansas and head out there one last time. For some odd-assed reason, I feel the time growing closer each day.........
That’s how you do it. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 04:49 PM 01-16-2021

Windiest place in the US several years in a row not too long ago. (DDC weather station, close enough).

Was it 7-8 years ago we had 80-100 mph sustained non-tornado winds? Flipped every sprinkler that wasn't aligned around here. :-)

When people want to argue about wind, I just pull out the stats. End of conversation. It's not anything to be proud about, either. I ****ing HATE the wind.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:16 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Windiest place in the US several years in a row not too long ago. (DDC weather station, close enough).

Was it 7-8 years ago we had 80-100 mph sustained non-tornado winds? Flipped every sprinkler that wasn't aligned around here. :-)

When people want to argue about wind, I just pull out the stats. End of conversation. It's not anything to be proud about, either. I ****ing HATE the wind.
Yeah. Not great. Last 2 days were abysmal.
[Reply]
BIG K 07:54 PM 01-16-2021

That's a great story Randall! Sounds like your and my family think very much alike. We are certainly looking to get out of California in a few years when I retire. That being said, we live in a very rural area and have acreage as well, though not nearly as much. We are very self sufficient and prepared to make a stand as well. It's an amazing thing having privacy and not seeing the rooftops of your neighbors homes. LOL at the reference to taking a leak outside, do it everyday! Congratulations on beating your cancer. Not an opponent anyone wants to face, glad you were victorious. One of our trips in the next two years will send us into Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. We have about four states left to visit on our summer trips before we get serious about where we are going after retirement. We have a great home here with immense privacy but, make no mistake, we are out of here.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01-16-2021, 08:37 PM
This message has been deleted by Perineum Ripper.
Easy 6 10:24 AM 01-17-2021

Now thats what I call living the dream
[Reply]
vailpass 10:33 PM 01-17-2021

[Reply]
Randallflagg 07:59 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:

Damn, I get a tear in my eye when I think about all my weapons and ammo that fell into that lake..........

Now here I am, all defenseless......
:-)
[Reply]
Page 273 of 341
« First < 173223263269270271272273 274275276277283323 > Last »
Up