ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 205
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
chiefzilla1501 08:33 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
You are right which means he is held to a different and higher standard.

I know I don't speak for everybody but I want James to prove everyone wrong. I want him to hit the dagger shot in the Finals, I want him to just take over games like he did in Cleveland and just go one on one for the last few minutes of the game. I want him to have the killer instinct like Kobe or Tiger in his prime. I think that is what pisses people off because for some reason it is just not there.

And if I was a Heat fan I would be pissed off today seeing his reaction after the game. He was all laughing and joking around like losing didn't matter. You never saw MJ or even Kobe act like that. It just feeds the perception that he doesn't really want it bad enough.
Fuck that. I don't want him to win a championship. He may be a great player, but he's a shitty ass teammate. Sour grapes? You bet. The guy dicked over his Cleveland teammates and his fans to boost his ego. He somehow got some kind of sick amusement watching Cleveland fans host major rallies to keep him around, watching the front office spend truckloads of money to personally fly to his doorstep, watching his teammates beg him to come back when he knew the entire time he wasn't coming back. What kind of twisted fuck gets enjoyment out of that? The respectful thing to have done would be to at least host the decision early in the offseason. Give the Cavs time to adjust to life without him. Not string his fans and teammates along for some sick reality show.

As this sick show was going on, he watched the Cavs fire a coach to appease him, then struggle to hire a coach who didn't want to commit to a team not knowing if LeBron was part of the package. He watched his team hold cap space that could have been spent on other players so they'd have enough room to sign him (meanwhile, other free agents were swooped up in the market). In announcing the decision, no mention of Cleveland, thanking the fans for their love for him (even Z had the smarts to put an article in the Cleveland newspaper, thanking the fans). Instead, the entire show was about how ecstatic he was about moving to a different team. Then in the months that followed, he couldn't understand why the Cavs fans were upset. He took a full year to apologize. When he apologized, he dicked his Miami fans and teammates over by suggesting, in the middle of a playoff run, that he hadn't ruled out returning to Cleveland.

He put himself above his team. Above the fans. And didn't have the common decency to let the Cavs move on without him. I know he means well. But the reason people hate him isn't because of his business decision to move elsewhere. It's because he violated absolutely every rule of integrity for being a basketball player in the name of self-promotion. Any fan of any sport knows why people are rooting against him.
O.city 08:36 PM 03-05-2012
The guy has been called King James his whole life.

He's an absolute physical freak, but I'm not sure the guy doesn't have some issues in his head about some stuff.
dirk digler 08:44 PM 03-05-2012
Big slam by Durant
chiefzilla1501 08:48 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by O.city:
The guy has been called King James his whole life.

He's an absolute physical freak, but I'm not sure the guy doesn't have some issues in his head about some stuff.
He obviously has an alarming desire to be liked. I feel bad for him in some ways. I'm sure he was eating up that fans were hosting rallies for him and that Cleveland was moving mountains to court him. But it doesn't change the fact that in order to appease himself, he dicked over a lot of people.
dirk digler 09:01 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Fuck that. I don't want him to win a championship. He may be a great player, but he's a shitty ass teammate. Sour grapes? You bet. The guy dicked over his Cleveland teammates and his fans to boost his ego. He somehow got some kind of sick amusement watching Cleveland fans host major rallies to keep him around, watching the front office spend truckloads of money to personally fly to his doorstep, watching his teammates beg him to come back when he knew the entire time he wasn't coming back. What kind of twisted fuck gets enjoyment out of that? The respectful thing to have done would be to at least host the decision early in the offseason. Give the Cavs time to adjust to life without him. Not string his fans and teammates along for some sick reality show.

As this sick show was going on, he watched the Cavs fire a coach to appease him, then struggle to hire a coach who didn't want to commit to a team not knowing if LeBron was part of the package. He watched his team hold cap space that could have been spent on other players so they'd have enough room to sign him (meanwhile, other free agents were swooped up in the market). In announcing the decision, no mention of Cleveland, thanking the fans for their love for him (even Z had the smarts to put an article in the Cleveland newspaper, thanking the fans). Instead, the entire show was about how ecstatic he was about moving to a different team. Then in the months that followed, he couldn't understand why the Cavs fans were upset. He took a full year to apologize. When he apologized, he dicked his Miami fans and teammates over by suggesting, in the middle of a playoff run, that he hadn't ruled out returning to Cleveland.

He put himself above his team. Above the fans. And didn't have the common decency to let the Cavs move on without him. I know he means well. But the reason people hate him isn't because of his business decision to move elsewhere. It's because he violated absolutely every rule of integrity for being a basketball player in the name of self-promotion. Any fan of any sport knows why people are rooting against him.
I certainly am not defending how he handled "The Decision" he definitely could have done it better. But if you look at the timeline he only took 1 week to make a decision and I don't have a problem with that. It is not like he strung them out for several weeks. Plus all the top tier FA's had already resigned with their home teams so it is not like they really lost out any game changers.
L.A. Chieffan 09:01 PM 03-05-2012
turns out kc_connection is exactly right about lebron making the "right basketball play".

because he would of missed it anyways.

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2012/0...y-shake-hands/
Urc Burry 09:06 PM 03-05-2012
Harden is too good in the fourth
Hammock Parties 09:11 PM 03-05-2012
Dirk's better, bitch.
L.A. Chieffan 09:18 PM 03-05-2012
dont let durant shoot the last second shot, according to the chart he has one of the worst percentages
dirk digler 09:21 PM 03-05-2012
Perk with the block
Hammock Parties 09:25 PM 03-05-2012
Fuck, this game is so good. Like a WCF game from last year.
PunkinDrublic 09:25 PM 03-05-2012
OKC bailed out by a bullshit call and then are blatantely allowed to hack Dirk.
Hammock Parties 09:31 PM 03-05-2012
Welp, terribly drawn up play.

GG Thunder.
dirk digler 09:35 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by Satanic Goat:
Dirk's better, bitch.
not tonight
Chiefs Pantalones 09:36 PM 03-05-2012
Bulls win again. Back to back nights we started off slow then pull away in the 3rd. 32-8 now. What sucks is as great of a shortened season we're having I don't think we get past the Heat with our not so sexy lineup and lack of star power. If we do get by them I'll be surprised.
Page 85 of 205
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Up