ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 205
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
KC_Connection 10:48 PM 03-02-2012
Originally Posted by okcchief:
LeBron is the most talented player I've ever seen. I really don't see how you guys defend that decision. I believe they win if he takes the shot.
Unlikely. He was doubled and would have been forced to take a difficult shot if he made the wrong choice. He's never been known for making those kinds of buzzer beaters.
okcchief 10:49 PM 03-02-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Bosh wasn't playing. If he was, he would have been the one to take that.

LeBron made two huge shots down the stretch. On the final play, he was doubled and passed the ball off for a very high percentage, open jumper. It was completely the right basketball play to make. The only other choices would have been to take a difficult, contested off-balanced shot or to drive into contact and hope for a foul in a hostile road environment. Neither would have resulted in a better chance of winning the game than Haslem's shot.
The 3 he took was a terrible shot. He hit it because he's the best player in the World. They were not stopping him. He was feeling it.
KC_Connection 10:50 PM 03-02-2012
LeBron James does not have a better shot double teamed than Udonis Haslem does wide open from 15 feet. Haslem makes that shot regularly...as do most NBA players.
KC_Connection 10:51 PM 03-02-2012
The 3 he took was a terrible shot. He hit it because he's the best player in the World. They were not stopping him. He was feeling it.
Just because he hit one bad shot doesn't mean he should take another one just like it. Any coach would tell you the same thing (and any coach would tell you LeBron made the right decision on the final play).
okcchief 10:54 PM 03-02-2012
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
So if Harris misses the last shot and James, effectively, hit the 2 game winners then it's all good. But because Wade committed two bad fouls and missed a FT, James is the goat? That's just stupid.
I didn't say he was the goat. He carries the fucking team on his back. I just think your best player should take the last shot when he's on fire. Kobe, Durant, Dirk etc take the shot. The might miss it but oh fucking well.

It's not this one game either. I've seen him pass up the shot too many times.

I'm all for him continuing to do that though. I'm not bitching at all lol
KC_Connection 10:56 PM 03-02-2012
Anybody who isn't willing to admit LeBron made the right basketball play there is just looking for a reason to hate, if you ask me.
okcchief 10:56 PM 03-02-2012
LeBron James does not have a better shot double teamed than Udonis Haslem does wide open from 15 feet. Haslem makes that shot regularly...as do most NBA players.
He makes one move and it's an open shot. He's LeBron James for Christ sakes. It's like a hot girl with a self esteem problem.
KC_Connection 10:58 PM 03-02-2012
He makes one move and it's an open shot. He's LeBron James for Christ sakes. It's like a hot girl with a self esteem problem.
One move is just going to brush off two guys? You're reaching at this point for a reason to dislike the decision.
okcchief 11:02 PM 03-02-2012
Anybody who isn't willing to admit LeBron made the right basketball play there is just looking for a reason to hate, if you ask me.
I love watching the guy play. I want to like him. I want to see greatness.

When you are the best basketball player in the World the right basketball play is creating a shot when you are feeling it like that. At least once in awhile.

The best player is always going to draw attention on the last shot. That doesn't mean you pass it off EVERY fucking time.
KC_Connection 11:06 PM 03-02-2012
When you are the best basketball player in the World the right basketball play is creating a shot when you are feeling it like that. At least once in awhile.

The best player is always going to draw attention on the last shot. That doesn't mean you pass it off EVERY ****ing time.
There's no reason for the guy to force a bad shot that he isn't likely to make just to fit the media's definition of a great player (as Kobe has done his entire career). Passing was completely the right decision. That's a shot that Haslem makes frequently every game. It's a shot he should have made. If you're looking for somebody to blame, blame him (or at the very least Wade, who completely threw that game away with stupid play after stupid play down the stretch).

LeBron's incredible court vision and unselfishness is part of what makes him the best player in the game today. He shouldn't change who he is on final shots.
okcchief 11:08 PM 03-02-2012
One move is just going to brush off two guys? You're reaching at this point for a reason to dislike the decision.
Apparently you guys don't respect his ability. The guy is a super hero. For him, that was not a tough shot.

Dirk ass raped people the whole playoffs last year with tough shots. I guess they should strip the title because he didn't make the right play

If he pulls up at the free throw line he has a damn good shot. He made a lot of shots that were tougher.

I don't have a problem with him doing it sometimes.

I don't watch the Heat all the time, but when is the last time he's taken the last shot? I NEVER see him take it.
okcchief 11:10 PM 03-02-2012
There's no reason for the guy to force a bad shot that he isn't likely to make just to fit the media's definition of a great player (as Kobe has done his entire career). Passing was completely the right decision. That's a shot that Haslem makes frequently every game. It's a shot he should have made. If you're looking for somebody to blame, blame him (or at the very least Wade, who completely threw that game away with stupid play after stupid play down the stretch).

LeBron's incredible court vision and unselfishness is part of what makes him the best player in the game today. He shouldn't change who he is on final shots.
Kobe 5 titles, Wade 1 LeBron 0

Maybe he should consider taking the shot once in a while?
KC_Connection 11:11 PM 03-02-2012
Apparently you guys don't respect his ability. The guy is a super hero. For him, that was not a tough shot.
Yes, it was. It would have been a low percentage shot, a shot that he makes less than 50% of the time. Haslem's wide open shot was much better than that.

Originally Posted by :
I don't watch the Heat all the time, but when is the last time he's taken the last shot? I NEVER see him take it.
I've seen him take it plenty of times over his years with the Cavs and Heat. He's usually missed difficult shots like that...like most players.
KC_Connection 11:12 PM 03-02-2012
Kobe 5 titles, Wade 1 LeBron 0

Maybe he should consider taking the shot once in a while?
Now we're criticizing LeBron for not having Shaq on his team? :-)

Move past these oversimplified media narratives and open your eyes.
okcchief 11:16 PM 03-02-2012
If he pulls up at the foul line it's a good shot. I just watched it again. Call me crazy that I want LeBron taking that shot over Haslem. If its Bosh I'd be ok with it, but I'd still rather LeBron take the shot.
Page 65 of 205
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Up