ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 175 of 205
« First < 75125165171172173174175 176177178179185 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
Sassy Squatch 04:31 PM 08-26-2020
Yahoo Sources: There’s a sizable amount of players advocating to finish the season out since sacrifices were made to enter the bubble, believing the NBA platform is a useful resource in this social climate.
Pitt Gorilla 04:32 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
Remove them from the playoffs and disqualify then from postseason play next year
How many posts did you have in this thread prior to today?

If you didn't previously care about the NBA, why do you suddenly care now?
eDave 04:33 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
How many posts did you have in this thread prior to today?

If you didn't previously care about the NBA, why do you suddenly care now?
^Dumb question.
Pitt Gorilla 04:33 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yahoo Sources: There’s a sizable amount of players advocating to finish the season out since sacrifices were made to enter the bubble, believing the NBA platform is a useful resource in this social climate.
Only today's games were postponed.
Bearcat 04:33 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
And of course "black on black crime" is brought up AGAIN in order to deflect!! smh. Go look up white on white crime buddy!!..and tell me why folks aren't talking about it?
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
How is this "trolling"? People are moaning about the players protesting on this thread and some have brought up Pat!!...so my statement was in relation to whats being said smh.
Well, if people are outraged that I just kicked you out of this thread, I'll undo it and mind my own business.
staylor26 04:34 PM 08-26-2020
So Lebron isn’t willing to sacrifice a shot at a championship

:-)
Pitt Gorilla 04:34 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
^Dumb question.
That's probably true. Perhaps a better question would center on why anyone should care what non-fans think.
Sassy Squatch 04:34 PM 08-26-2020
:-) Why were the Bucks on a call with the Attorney General and Lieutenant Governer of Wisconsin.
KC_Connection 04:36 PM 08-26-2020
I imagine LeBron and CP3 are among them. It's going to have to be players of that stature to express the idea to finish the season out because you know many other lesser players won't want to vocalize such a point of view at this point in time. The greater implications of not finishing the season out (i.e. CBA dissolving) are also absolutely massive for the careers of many of those guys.
BigCatDaddy 04:37 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

That and a quick call from Beijing set them straight.
petegz28 04:37 PM 08-26-2020
They are paid to play basketball. Either play or forfeit the game and your pay for that game. You signed a contract.

I am so sick of this shit.
KC_Connection 04:38 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Or maybe he realizes the NBA is on the verge of a complete and total breakdown if the players collectively boycott and end the season right now.

In any case, it would be little different than when MJ and Magic turned down Craig Hodges' request to boycott the 91 Finals.
Why Not? 04:39 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Hopefully they sit for a substantial period of time and the end resolution is to end the season and give Phoenix the title. some things are bigger than basketball.
Hahahhah. I support this!
staylor26 04:39 PM 08-26-2020
NBA:

We’re going to continue to play. We will put more BLM signs in the background instead of fans. Problem solved!
DaneMcCloud 04:39 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
For sports, the wounds will be self-inflicted. Not by the leagues, but by the players who are overplaying their hands.

The owners and commissioners want no part of this shit. But the players are working on killing the golden goose.
I'm on the other side of the equation: If players want to demonstrate or even boycott, go for it. About the only issue it causes me is to find something else to watch among the 50 million streaming services and channels that I pay for each month.

Social change in America has never been easy. Muhammed Ali gave up his prime years, not only prime earning potential but prime physical potential for something he believed in. Half the country hated him for it for decades while others applauded him.

In the end, Muhammed Ali was a hero.

Maybe future generations will look back at these professional athletes who stood for change as heroes, too.
Page 175 of 205
« First < 75125165171172173174175 176177178179185 > Last »
Up