ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 205
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
dirk digler 07:45 PM 04-24-2012
Pretty much what I predicted or wanted anyway. Hopefully Harden will be able to come back soon.
mdchiefsfan 07:47 PM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by okcchief:
There was a blatant cheap shot against Barea last year that he was suspended for. I'm sure there are others but it's not like I have paid much attention to Artest.

The Palace was probably the worst in the history of professional sports. He was suspended a year from that one and any offense after should be looked at like a prisoner on probation.

This has been mentioned on pretty much every news show and entertainment show I've seen since. It makes the NBA look bad and I would expect them to bring down the hammer since it was in the spotlight and who it is. I really don't either way but that's what I expect.
Was it Artest that fouled Barea? Two people got ejected from that game; Oden and Bynum. Bynum for the destruction of Barea and Odom for the shove on Dirk before Bynum. Maybe I am mistaken, wouldn't surprise me if Artest was in on it as well.
okcchief 07:59 PM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Pretty much what I predicted or wanted anyway. Hopefully Harden will be able to come back soon.
They said he'll be ready for the playoffs. That's why I'm ok with the ruling.
okcchief 08:01 PM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Was it Artest that fouled Barea? Two people got ejected from that game; Oden and Bynum. Bynum for the destruction of Barea and Odom for the shove on Dirk before Bynum. Maybe I am mistaken, wouldn't surprise me if Artest was in on it as well.
Artest clotheslined Barea but I think it might have been the end of game 3.
okcchief 08:03 PM 04-24-2012
I looked it up on YouTube. It was game 2.
okcchief 08:44 PM 04-24-2012
It's amazing how the Thunder run offense and finish a game with the bench. I wish Brooks could get his SuperStars to do that.

Brooks is better suited for young up and comers. He's not a terrible coach he's just not at the level you need to win championships.
-King- 08:57 PM 04-24-2012
The Celtics and Heat basically sent out their 4th stringers today.
mdchiefsfan 09:11 PM 04-24-2012
I looked it up on YouTube. It was game 2.
Yup your right I believe he got suspended for that too
okcchief 09:17 PM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Yup your right I believe he got suspended for that too
Yep, one game.

http://www.nba.com/2011/playoffs/201...ded/index.html
KC_Connection 09:18 PM 04-24-2012
Too many games for Artest. But I suppose he had to pander to those that were losing their minds over this.
okcchief 09:31 PM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Too many games for Artest. But I suppose he had to pander to those that were losing their minds over this.
The guy makes millions of dollars playing basketball and still can't control himself. He'll be broke 2 years after he's out of the league, but at least you'll buy his book.

You make a fine troll.
KC_Connection 09:44 PM 04-24-2012
The guy makes millions of dollars playing basketball and still can't control himself. He'll be broke 2 years after he's out of the league, but at least you'll buy his book.
I'm still trying to understand what the real difference is between this play and semi-regular plays where guys clear out on rebounds in frustration to the pressure around them and hit heads with flailing, reckless elbows. Other than the force of this hit and Artest's name, there isn't much. Both involve players getting caught up in the moment and emotion of the situation (without regard for the consequences and certainly without the intent to injure), but only one garners a seven game suspension.

Stomping somebody's face intentionally, though, that will get you only two.

Originally Posted by :
You make a fine troll.
A rational one, anyway.
chiefzilla1501 09:49 PM 04-24-2012
I'm still trying to understand what the real difference is between this play and semi-regular plays where guys clear out on rebounds in frustration to the pressure around them and hit heads with flailing, reckless elbows. Other than the force of this hit and Artest's name, there isn't much. Both involve players getting caught up in the moment and emotion of the situation (without regard for the consequences and certainly without the intent to injure), but only one garners a seven game suspension.

A rational one, anyway.
Players don't flail their elbows because they want to hurt somebody or because they want to elbow somebody in the head. They do it because they want to clear out and get a little frustrated. Clearing out is a basketball move. That's night and day from a guy that takes an intentional cheap shot clear to the head.
okcchief 09:50 PM 04-24-2012

A rational one, anyway.
It's the exact reasons I told you. Previous history, National Spotlight, attention it received, and Stern doesn't like Artest.

The guy was suspended for a year for violence. He should know to control himself but he's not capable. If you give him 2 games he's gonna do it again for sure. I'm not so sure what's not fair in your eyes. People are treated differently based on previous history. That's just life.
Pitt Gorilla 09:53 PM 04-24-2012

A rational one, anyway.
This was not a basketball play. I figured you might understand that significant of a difference. This would be akin to him punching someone in the head, only the elbow arguably delivered a harder blow.
Page 128 of 205
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178 > Last »
Up