ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 127 of 205
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
DaKCMan AP 04:34 PM 04-23-2012
A good point was brought up on ATH.

What if Harden misses multiple games? Artest should be out, at minimum, two games more than Harden misses.
Pasta Little Brioni 05:02 PM 04-23-2012
He should get an extra couple games for calling himself World Peace

Can't decide if it's dumber or just as dumb as Ocho Cinco.
okcchief 06:51 PM 04-23-2012
I still say with his past, focus on concussions, and Stern still being commissioner, they send a message and suspend him the rest of the year. I'm not saying I agree with it, but it won't surprise me at all.
chiefzilla1501 07:30 PM 04-23-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Kobe Bryant elbowed Mike Miller in the throat about 6 years ago and got two games. Kevin Love stomped on Luis Scola's face earlier this season and got two games.

Remembering both those plays (and the maliciousness that was involved in them), it's hard to justify a suspension much longer than either of those two here.
This year, yes. This offseason, they need to really seriously consider beefing up the suspensions or punishment. I mentioned this during "Bountygate." One thing that worries the hell out of me is that you're opening the door for shitty players to cheap shot superstars to gain a competitive advantage.

Cheap shots bother the shit out of me because there's nothing worse than a team losing a player for a game or several for a foul that should have never happened.
KC native 09:05 PM 04-23-2012
Clinched #1 seed. Fuck yea. GO SPURS GO!!!!1
MIAdragon 09:25 PM 04-23-2012
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
A good point was brought up on ATH.

What if Harden misses multiple games? Artest should be out, at minimum, two games more than Harden misses.
No not a good point at all.
okcchief 09:48 PM 04-23-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Don't see it happening. Again, based on past precedents, a few games should suffice. But if it's more than that, it's just another example of the double standard that the NBA has for its stars.
It's not a double standard. The guy has a long history of acting out violently. The others do not until next time. He has no control and to protect your players a playoff suspension would not be out of line. If it was going to be a 2 game suspension they would have handed it out today IMO. I think several games are coming. This is too high profile and 2 games will not deter thuggish behavior.
kcxiv 10:18 PM 04-23-2012
Originally Posted by okcchief:
It's not a double standard. The guy has a long history of acting out violently. The others do not until next time. He has no control and to protect your players a playoff suspension would not be out of line. If it was going to be a 2 game suspension they would have handed it out today IMO. I think several games are coming. This is too high profile and 2 games will not deter thuggish behavior.
what is this long history? i know the palace of auburn hills thing, but he was just defending himself. Outside of that he's not done much.
DaKCMan AP 05:27 AM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
No not a good point at all.
How is it not a good point?
okcchief 07:27 AM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
what is this long history? i know the palace of auburn hills thing, but he was just defending himself. Outside of that he's not done much.
There was a blatant cheap shot against Barea last year that he was suspended for. I'm sure there are others but it's not like I have paid much attention to Artest.

The Palace was probably the worst in the history of professional sports. He was suspended a year from that one and any offense after should be looked at like a prisoner on probation.

This has been mentioned on pretty much every news show and entertainment show I've seen since. It makes the NBA look bad and I would expect them to bring down the hammer since it was in the spotlight and who it is. I really don't either way but that's what I expect.
MIAdragon 05:53 PM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Ron Ron's gonna get the hammer, Im guessing 7+ games but wont be surprised to see double digits.
Fucking nailed it.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA
The Lakers' Metta World Peace has been suspended seven games for elbow to James Harden.
kcxiv 06:06 PM 04-24-2012
Just the first round. basically. Im ok with that. 1 regular season game and hopefully the first round goes 5-6. We should win the first round with what we have. Ebanks and Barnes will fill in nicely. Ebanks been balling the last few games anyways.
okcchief 06:42 PM 04-24-2012
7 games is fair, but I really thought they were gonna make it sting.
Pitt Gorilla 07:06 PM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by okcchief:
7 games is fair, but I really thought they were gonna make it sting.
It should have been more. The guy is a thug and purposefully elbowed a guy in the head.
okcchief 07:16 PM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It should have been more. The guy is a thug and purposefully elbowed a guy in the head.
Should have been the playoffs but it's better than 2 like some were thinking.

Artest really doesn't deserve to play IMO. After the malice in the palace he should have zero tolerance.
Page 127 of 205
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177 > Last »
Up