ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 205
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
BIG_DADDY 11:06 PM 04-22-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Odd. ESPN just showed a video of all of Artest's past indiscretions and didn't include or even mention the Detroit fight. I wonder if Stern has written it into all the contracts of NBA TV rights holders not to mention or show that night.
I noticed that too. They certainly metioned that how much time he has served doing suspensions though.
BIG_DADDY 11:09 PM 04-22-2012
Originally Posted by KC native:
LOL @ Ron Artest. Spurs just keep winning.

They are the Cavs. I do look forward to the playoffs though. I would wish you luck but, you know.
Attached: Fisher winner.jpg (87.8 KB) 
KC native 11:11 PM 04-22-2012
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
They are the Cavs. I do look forward to the playoffs though. I would wish you luck but, you know.
It's going to be another said year in laker land when you lose early in the playoffs.
KC_Connection 11:11 PM 04-22-2012
Kobe Bryant elbowed Mike Miller in the throat about 6 years ago and got two games. Kevin Love stomped on Luis Scola's face earlier this season and got two games.

Remembering both those plays (and the maliciousness that was involved in them), it's hard to justify a suspension much longer than either of those two here.
BIG_DADDY 11:20 PM 04-22-2012
It's going to be another said year in laker land when you lose early in the playoffs.
Being a Spurs fan you would know a lot about that. I know that's what you're hoping for because you don't want to face our bigs in a WCC.
BIG_DADDY 11:20 PM 04-22-2012
Kobe Bryant elbowed Mike Miller in the throat about 6 years ago and got two games. Kevin Love stomped on Luis Scola's face earlier this season and got two games.

Remembering both those plays (and the maliciousness that was involved in them), it's hard to justify a suspension much longer than either of those two here.
Great take again.
KC native 11:25 PM 04-22-2012
Being a Spurs fan you would know a lot about that. I know that's what you're hoping for because you don't want to face our bigs in a WCC.
Did you not watch the last two laker vs Spurs games? :-) The Spurs aren't last year's team. We don't have a problem with multiple big men. Blair and Splitter have stepped up. Leonard is a baller.

The Spurs are playing the best ball in the NBA right now.
KC native 11:27 PM 04-22-2012
Fuck the lakers. GO SPURS GO!!!!!
Fuck Kobe, fuck the lakers. Let's get Timmy his fifth ring. GO SPURS GO!!!

Just in case you forgot.
BIG_DADDY 11:28 PM 04-22-2012
Did you not watch the last two laker vs Spurs games? :-) The Spurs aren't last year's team. We don't have a problem with multiple big men. Blair and Splitter have stepped up. Leonard is a baller.

The Spurs are playing the best ball in the NBA right now.
I agree they are the most consistent, the most rested and have the best coach. I love your chances but the Lakers are still the Lakers, you can't deny that.
BIG_DADDY 11:30 PM 04-22-2012
Just in case you forgot.
I didn't forget but if the Lakers get on a roll before we meet..............
KC_Connection 11:33 PM 04-22-2012
Great take again.
Of course, with all of these talking heads and journalists demanding a long suspension due almost entirely to his name, I would expect there to be a bit of a double standard here.

Kobe and Love were never going to get a significant suspension due to what they mean to the league as stars. Artest, on the other hand, is kind of like the black sheep of the NBA as he reminds many people of one of the worst nights in NBA history.
BIG_DADDY 11:42 PM 04-22-2012
Of course, with all of these talking heads and journalists demanding a long suspension due almost entirely to his name, I would expect there to be a bit of a double standard here.

Kobe and Love were never going to get a significant suspension due to what they mean to the league as stars. Artest, on the other hand, is kind of like the black sheep of the NBA as he reminds many people of one of the worst nights in NBA history.
Wouldn't happen if he was on the knicks. I'm out. Have a good night
okcchief 06:15 AM 04-23-2012
I didn't forget but if the Lakers get on a roll before we meet..............
This Lakers team isn't good enough to win 4 7 game series. This isn't Phil's Lakers.
okcchief 06:25 AM 04-23-2012
Artest hasn't changed much but his name. He always gets crazy ass looks and can't control himself. That was a total get the fuck off me move. I think he regretted it right after, but he still did it. If someone goes in to a rage for a few minutes and kills someone they don't get a pass.

Yes, the punishment will be different with his history. It doesn't help that it takes place on a Sunday afternoon national television game and Stern is still commissioner. Be ready for a statement. However, I'm good with a few games and it effects my favorite team. Though if Harden is out for a long period of time he should be out at least as long as he is.
KC_Connection 09:30 AM 04-23-2012
Originally Posted by okcchief:
Artest hasn't changed much but his name. He always gets crazy ass looks and can't control himself.
He's not even close to the way he was in Indiana. He was a complete loose cannon then. We've been seeing the toned down version of Ron for years now.
Page 124 of 205
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174 > Last »
Up