ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you agree with the play call that got Mahomes concussed?
Deberg_1990 06:25 PM 01-17-2021
Not sure why you wouldn’t call a run play with a RB there? I think the next play D Williams picked up 12 on a 4th and 1.

Did not like the call at all. Discuss.....
[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:28 PM 01-18-2021
Watched a video of a doctor who specializes in head trauma. Shows that Patrick exhibits the classic fencing response (rigid limbs) which occurs during a brain injury. The issue isn't the contact with the ground, it's the sudden de-acceleration which causes the brain to hit the inside of the skull. It doesn't look like much however the video shows how his head is pulled down violently and then stops suddenly.

I really want him to be okay however if it would affect his health, he should not play.

Remember what it was like at 25... 50feet tall and bulletproof. Plus these athletes have been trusting their coaches their entire lives.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:51 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Watched a video of a doctor who specializes in head trauma. Shows that Patrick exhibits the classic fencing response (rigid limbs) which occurs during a brain injury. The issue isn't the contact with the ground, it's the sudden de-acceleration which causes the brain to hit the inside of the skull. It doesn't look like much however the video shows how his head is pulled down violently and then stops suddenly.

I really want him to be okay however if it would affect his health, he should not play.

Remember what it was like at 25... 50feet tall and bulletproof. Plus these athletes have been trusting their coaches their entire lives.
You know that they have actual doctors on the field, right? That the team employs the best doctors they can find to care for the players?
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:54 PM 01-18-2021
Watched a video of a doctor who specializes in head trauma. Shows that Patrick exhibits the classic fencing response (rigid limbs) which occurs during a brain injury.
Just like this?

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

[Reply]
crayzkirk 03:25 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Just like this?
Just posting my opinion from a source that sounds rational. I'm not a doctor. I don't want it to be true, I want Patrick to be healthy and play.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:26 PM 01-18-2021
Just posting my opinion from a source that sounds rational. I'm not a doctor. I don't want it to be true, I want Patrick to be healthy and play.
I was just pointing out the same thing happens with the carotid shock thing.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 04:48 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I was just pointing out the same thing happens with the carotid shock thing.
Yeah, I saw that. I watched the video again and the individual also went into a detailed description of Dirty Dan and targeting. I think there might be a bit of bias showing through as well.
[Reply]
eDave 04:51 PM 01-18-2021
No FUD, please.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:52 PM 01-18-2021
If he was healthy, yes.

If he already has a hurt toe, no.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:13 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
yeah, we've run it a million times.

You can't play scared.

It was a freak thing.
Yes once you start playing scared, then them injuries happen.
[Reply]
J Diddy 06:43 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Why have Sherman on the roster if we never run behind the fullback? I know this isn't 1995, but still.
I agree that it's baffling.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:53 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
You know that they have actual doctors on the field, right? That the team employs the best doctors they can find to care for the players?
I lost consciousness by having my neck compressed in the exact same way that Mahomes' neck was compressed. It does disoriented you, but the "fencing response" BS also happens when you lose consciousness without a concussion.

I am not saying that Mahomes isn't technically concussed, but I believe that it would be secondary to a possible neck injury as far as keeping him off the field next Sunday.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:58 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I lost consciousness by having my neck compressed in the exact same way that Mahomes' neck was compressed. It does disoriented you, but the "fencing response" BS also happens when you lose consciousness without a concussion.

I am not saying that Mahomes isn't technically concussed, but I believe that it would be secondary to a possible neck injury as far as keeping him off the field next Sunday.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
He could have some kind of neck injury; there was a lot of torque involved in that incident. But he wasn't concussed. Literally didn't hit his head on anything hard enough, and his head didn't even accelerate/decelerate fast enough to induce one. Whether it was the defender's forearm or the lower edge of Mahomes' helmet, something compressed the side of his neck hard enough to hit the "bingo" button, and the lights went out for a couple seconds.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up