ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 873 of 3903
« First < 373773823863869870871872873 87487587687788392397313731873 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
2112 05:42 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
I know you live in NJ like me so you'll get this. The biggest issue in NJ was the sheer number of people that commute from the state into NYC for work. Look at the NJ counties that are the worst -- Bergen, Essex, Union, Hudson, etc. Everything bordering NY, where high numbers of commuters live. It took too long to put a stop to that and the city spilled into the neighboring state.
Agree 100% And most of them take mass transit (bus or train) which is the perfect storm for passing it on. Think about it, not just the subways, but path trains, nj transit trains and all those buses. You know they were never cleaned or wiped down the trains and buses. It would be an impossible task.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:42 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
https://twitter.com/michaelcoudrey/s...737440768?s=21

Someone embed for me

BREAKING: French government reverses earlier ban on hydroxychloroquine for treating COVID19 patients in light of successful clinical studies showing significant efficacy against the virus.

Hydroxychloroquine may now be prescribed to treat COVID-19 in France.

— Michael Coudrey (@MichaelCoudrey) March 28, 2020

[Reply]
philfree 05:42 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Tnerped:
Wouldn't worry about your mail too much. We're dealing with thousands of packages and letters a day and we're still not sick. I think you'd really only need to worry if you were in an area where there are a lot of sick people already. We keep the office relatively sanitized and all of our employees are practicing social distancing. We had one guy go to Florida and he's now in quarantine in his home for another week.

Luckily only one case in the county I work in and I go straight home after work.
I buy my vitamins online and I have a shipment coming in the next couple of days. From New York. I feel like a tard but I find it a little scary.
[Reply]
Donger 05:44 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I'd rather die.
:-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 05:44 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Thank you,

When will we reverse course and start pumping this stuff out!
[Reply]
TLO 05:45 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by :
in light of successful clinical studies showing significant efficacy against the virus.
Show us the studies!
[Reply]
Tnerped 05:46 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
I buy my vitamins online and I have a shipment coming in the next couple of days. From New York. I feel like a tard but I find it a little scary.
Just like I find working here scary. Like I said, at least no one in this town has it YET, but I'm sure it'll come eventually. Hopefully when it does, I'll know before getting it myself and just use up my leave for a few weeks.
[Reply]
Donger 05:48 PM 03-28-2020
Thank you,

What do we need to reverse?
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:48 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
BOOOOOOOOO!!!!! ****. That.
Originally Posted by TLO:
No, I don't think that's a good idea at all.
Originally Posted by Donger:
They can suspend flight operations. But they shouldn't, perhaps can't, lockdown the country. Let the states do that.

Yeah it sucks I know just don't know how else we are going to slow the spread without ALL states being told to shelter in place and keep infected people from flying around to other states.
[Reply]
petegz28 03-28-2020, 05:50 PM
This message has been deleted by petegz28. Reason: politics
oaklandhater 05:51 PM 03-28-2020

Families of NYers who die from this virus should file a large civil suit against these monsters who encouraged sick people in New York to spread the virus to as many others as they can pic.twitter.com/NisCD2Y80g

— Benny (@bennyjohnson) March 28, 2020

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:53 PM 03-28-2020
Thank you,

I'm not sure how much I would read into that tweet. It already is approved here.

"If you're a doctor listening to me right now and a patient with coronavirus feels like they want to try that," Stigall asked, "and you're their doctor, you're not Anthony Fauci the guy running the coronavirus task force, would you say 'alright, we'll give it a whirl'?

"Yeah, of course, particularly if people have no other option," Fauci said. "These drugs are approved drugs for other reasons. They're anti-malaria drugs, and they're drugs against certain autoimmune diseases like lupus. Physicians throughout the country can prescribe that in an off-label way. Which means they can write it for something it was not approved for."

They are still studying it and seeing how effective it is against CoronaVirus from what I understand. Clearly, more tests need to be done.

https://townhall.com/columnists/larr...vid19-n2565678
[Reply]
stumppy 05:53 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Viruses never mutate to more virulent forms. It would be to their detriment.
Hmmm, learn something new every day.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:54 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I'm not sure how much I would read into that tweet. It already is approved here.

"If you're a doctor listening to me right now and a patient with coronavirus feels like they want to try that," Stigall asked, "and you're their doctor, you're not Anthony Fauci the guy running the coronavirus task force, would you say 'alright, we'll give it a whirl'?

"Yeah, of course, particularly if people have no other option," Fauci said. "These drugs are approved drugs for other reasons. They're anti-malaria drugs, and they're drugs against certain autoimmune diseases like lupus. Physicians throughout the country can prescribe that in an off-label way. Which means they can write it for something it was not approved for."

They are still studying it from what I understand. More tests need to be done.

https://townhall.com/columnists/larr...vid19-n2565678
NY, NV and MI have all banned it I do believe.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:57 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
it took Italy 4 days to go from 1,000 to 2,000 deaths, whereas the U.S. just did it in 3 days.

still waiting for that shutdown...
Much smaller popularion
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:57 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Honestly the best way to combat the spread is to start telling true stories (so it's going to be hard for the media to pull off) of people who died, especially people who were healthier and younger.
I guarantee you there are images and events occurring in the ICU and ER's of the USA that would shock the hell out of people if they could see the images or film.

Thats going to be hard to get out though because of HIPPA regulations and medical ethics. There has been discussion of getting the patients to sign a waiver but that doesn't get too far because they are considered at the mercy of the care. They will agree to anything to keep getting care even if stopping care is an unfounded concern.

Video is what changes or moves public opinions these days.
[Reply]
Page 873 of 3903
« First < 373773823863869870871872873 87487587687788392397313731873 > Last »
Up