ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>sister needs dental help
ljmhawk 07:37 AM 10-28-2020
sister needs help with dental work. insurance won’t cover any of it. every little bit helps, thanks.

go fund me page
https://gf.me/u/y6mnbv
[Reply]
chinaski 07:56 AM 10-28-2020
Sorry to hear about this man, all the best, but may I suggest trying a Dental College for treatment? She may be able to get a significant discount on some of these procedures.
[Reply]
loochy 07:59 AM 10-28-2020
I don't know why insurance wouldn't cover implants (in this situation). Do they just argue for dentures instead? Insurance should at least cover the extractions.
[Reply]
O.city 08:07 AM 10-28-2020
Where do you live? I may be able to help
[Reply]
loochy 08:09 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Where do you live? I may be able to help

Yeah! CP has what, 3 dentists that post here regularly? Good idea Mr. Ocity
[Reply]
Mecca 08:34 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
I don't know why insurance wouldn't cover implants (in this situation). Do they just argue for dentures instead? Insurance should at least cover the extractions.
The amount of dental stuff insurance won't cover is kind of shocking.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:39 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The amount of dental stuff insurance won't cover is kind of shocking.

99% of dental insurance is close to worthless, if you need anything major.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:43 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
99% of dental insurance is close to worthless, if you need anything major.
Must be a provider/plan thing. My insurance covers pretty much everything within reason.

For example, they'll cover a gold crown/cap 90% but a white crown/cap only 50% because they consider that cosmetic rather than functional.

I have a super expensive mouthpiece that I wear for bruxism and sleep apnea and my insurance covered 80% of it.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:49 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Must be a provider/plan thing. My insurance covers pretty much everything within reason.

For example, they'll cover a gold crown/cap 90% but a white crown/cap only 50% because they consider that cosmetic rather than functional.

I have a super expensive mouthpiece that I wear for bruxism and sleep apnea and my insurance covered 80% of it.

I've had several different providers over the years and was not impressed with any of them. I was squawking about it to a dentist and he agreed. He said the only dental insurance he had seen that was worth a damn, was some kind of military dental insurance.

I mean for something like a filling, it's fine, but if it comes down to something like an implant, grab your ankles.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:50 AM 10-28-2020
I've had several different providers over the years and was not impressed with any of them. I was squawking about it to a dentist and he agreed. He said the only dental insurance he had seen that was worth a damn, was some kind of military dental insurance.

I mean for something like a filling, it's fine, but if it comes down to something like an implant, grab your ankles.
I've had two root canals and two crowns. I've heard horror stories of people paying thousands of dollars but I paid a couple hundred total. :-)
[Reply]
Bwana 08:51 AM 10-28-2020
I've had two root canals and two crowns. I've heard horror stories of people paying thousands of dollars but I paid a couple hundred total. :-)

Who's your insurance through?
[Reply]
O.city 08:52 AM 10-28-2020
If you have insurance and go to a provider for that insurance it’s will cover more. Most policies have a max they’ll cover so a root canal and a crown will probably max it out

When it comes to implants, most policies will cover the abutment and crown up to a certain percent but won’t cover the surgical placement.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:56 AM 10-28-2020
Who's your insurance through?
I'll have to look it up.
[Reply]
Delano 08:58 AM 10-28-2020

[Reply]
Monty 09:27 AM 10-28-2020
In general, the medical plans in your industry provide significantly better coverage than others. I found this out a couple of years ago when I left my company. It was shocking to see what the most ppl were paying tbh.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Up