ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Raiders/Chargers could both make the playoffs...
BlackOp 10:19 PM 10-27-2020
The Steelers/Ravens are almost a 100% lock for the 5th seed...Cleveland and Indy have the remaining two right now.

Miami, Raiders, NE and Chargers...are behind them.

Indy has Ravens, Steelers, Packers and Titans twice..and a H2H with Vegas.

They have a one game lead...two on LA.

Cleveland has a H2H with Vegas this week...tempted to bet on that one. Raiders almost HAVE to win this game to ensure a post-season birth...its an important one.

Chargers look like a potential top seven team with Herbert...and have a pretty easy schedule...Bills, KC and Vegas x2.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:14 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. All the way back to 1999 actually.

His overall body of work refutes the idea that he's in the bag for any kind of agenda.

He's actually below the NFL average in penalties. Where he stands out is that he favors visiting teams much more than his peers.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/BlakCl0r.htm
it's not necessarily the volume of penalties - but WHEN they occur, and in what context.

He could have thrown only 4 flags against the chiefs versus the raiders, but guess what - 2 of them prevented scores - and one non-call prevented another.
[Reply]
wazu 08:16 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. All the way back to 1999 actually.

His overall body of work refutes the idea that he's in the bag for any kind of agenda.

He's actually below the NFL average in penalties. Where he stands out is that he favors visiting teams much more than his peers.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/BlakCl0r.htm
Maybe he's like Andy Kauffman. Enjoys soaking in the hate as he fucks up one call after another and then hears the boos rain down.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:21 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
it's not necessarily the volume of penalties - but WHEN they occur, and in what context.

He could have thrown only 4 flags against the chiefs versus the raiders, but guess what - 2 of them prevented scores - and one non-call prevented another.
I get that but if he were doing it on purpose - to forward a specific agenda, you'd see that manifested in wins and losses over time.

Clete Blakeman is just a shitty ref. Not part of some grand conspiracy.
[Reply]
Flying High D 09:10 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Before I learned they wouldn't have fans, I was kind of looking forward to seeing SoFi stadium. It seems like a pretty marvelous venue. I hope it succeeds, at least for the Rams. But every time they show it now it's just blah. Who cares? Might as well play at a high school field. Also, no idea what BAU means or stands for.
Black Athletes United
[Reply]
New World Order 09:20 AM 10-28-2020
Prob going to come down to the Browns v Raiders for that last spot.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:27 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Herbert looks great...and their stadium is really, really nice.

FWIW...Patriots 12th man, Clete Blakeman is handling the Pats/Bills game. What are the odds he allows NE to drop to 2-5, almost certainly ending their season?
NE is a bad matchup for Buffalo.

If NE wins it's because they did to Allen what they do to every other QB; drop a shit ton of light guys into coverage and dare teams to run.

It doesn't work against teams like the 49ers.

It works against teams that have no run game, or decide not to use the run game i.e Chiefs and Bills.

Bills can't stop the run. Patriots run the football.

Bills have no run game and are pass heavy. The Patriots defense keys in on the pass game at the sacrifice of the run game.

The Bills play right into what NE likes to do.

The Patriots probably will beat the Bills and the refs have nothing to do with it. Look at the damn matchup.

Another "bold" prediction: NE's offense gets "healthy" in this game. The Bills defense can't stop a nose bleed.
[Reply]
jdubya 08:57 PM 11-01-2020

Carr wins at Arrowhead

Carr wins on the road in a bad weather game punching Cleveland in the mouth

Raiders still alive
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:38 PM 11-01-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
NE is a bad matchup for Buffalo.

If NE wins it's because they did to Allen what they do to every other QB; drop a shit ton of light guys into coverage and dare teams to run.

It doesn't work against teams like the 49ers.

It works against teams that have no run game, or decide not to use the run game i.e Chiefs and Bills.

Bills can't stop the run. Patriots run the football.

Bills have no run game and are pass heavy. The Patriots defense keys in on the pass game at the sacrifice of the run game.

The Bills play right into what NE likes to do.

The Patriots probably will beat the Bills and the refs have nothing to do with it. Look at the damn matchup.

Another "bold" prediction: NE's offense gets "healthy" in this game. The Bills defense can't stop a nose bleed.
Aaaaannnd, “no.”

NE sux. That is all.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:59 PM 11-01-2020
Is it possible that Belichick is tanking for Trevor?

They’ve looked flat-out terrible lately, after looking like a top-tier AFC team early on.

If they lose to the Jets, all will be clear.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:07 PM 11-01-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

They’ve looked flat-out terrible lately, after looking like a top-tier AFC team early on.

I don't believe in this stuff, but I'll play along because the SNF was so boring.

Anyway, I doubt it. They already have 2 wins. Plus, they have at least 4 games left against opponents that are really bad against the run. A couple that are bad against both. They could luck into a win.

And finally, check the Jets schedule. There's not one game on that thing the Jets should win. Not one.

At best the Patsies will be fighting a couple other two-win teams for the right to be second.
[Reply]
Eureka 02:39 AM 11-02-2020
Do the Raiders suck?

Maybe, that thread should be bumped?
[Reply]
backinblack 06:48 AM 11-02-2020
Raiders did what they needed to do yesterday. The Chargers, not so much.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:08 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

He's already out of the running for Lawrence. He ain't tanking for jack fuck shit.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:03 AM 11-02-2020
Chargers are the Falcons of the AFC
[Reply]
lcarus 08:05 AM 11-02-2020
So the Browns couldn't score against Oakland but they looked like the 99 Rams against the Bengals a week prior. And the Bengals couldn't stop Cleveland last week but this week their defense looked like the 85 Bears against the Titans, who have been running wild over everyone.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up