ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Toronto Raptors to play in KC for 2021 season?
Deberg_1990 08:31 PM 10-27-2020

KC mayor Quinton Lucas, US Senators Roy Blunt, Pat Roberts and Jerry Moran, and US Rep Emanuel Cleaver co-signed a letter to the NBA commissioner's office and Raptors ownership making the case for Kansas City to be the temporary home, if needed.

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) October 27, 2020

Never thought I’d type this but Kansas City is legit pursuing an NBA team. Here’s the latest, including three irrefutable takeaways: https://t.co/ZrkvFqUE6F

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) October 27, 2020

[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:19 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Wow. That seems like a minor issue to warrant moving the team for a year. But it's nice that they're not getting special treatment.
Trudeau government already set the precedent by blocking the Jays in July. Considering it’s gotten much worse since then in Ontario, I’d imagine they will make exactly the same decision again (if they don’t want to come off as complete hypocrites that is, not that that’s ever stopped politicians before).
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:23 PM 10-27-2020
I guess Louisville was the front runner at some point but the Raptors opted out.....

Because Breonna Taylor.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:32 PM 10-27-2020
Yeah but KC fans aren't interested. They proved in the 80s they'd put more fans in Kemper for indoor soccer and guys named Enzo. Never understood it. I guess they are still more into soccer for some reason.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:34 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Yeah but KC fans aren't interested. They proved in the 80s they'd put more fans in Kemper for indoor soccer and guys named Enzo. Never understood it. I guess they are still more into soccer for some reason.
Raptors just need a place to play. Any fans they get at all would be a bonus.
[Reply]
-King- 09:36 PM 10-27-2020
You're using the 80s as proof of kc not being interested in the nba? Really?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:40 PM 10-27-2020
Sir, 2020 - 1980 = 40 years. The majority of ppl living in the KC area weren't alive back then.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:40 PM 10-27-2020
I just want a Kansas City Raptors hat. Whos got the logo?

PNL will be renamed Jurassic Park District on gamedays.

It will be glorious.

If we ever got an NBA team permanently Id move downtown and get season tickets.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:40 PM 10-27-2020
The NBA is a 1000 times more popular now than 1985
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:47 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I just want a Kansas City Raptors hat. Whos got the logo?

PNL will be renamed Jurassic Park District on gamedays.

It will be glorious.

If we ever got an NBA team permanently Id move downtown and get season tickets.
I won’t be able to use mine this year for this team.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:49 PM 10-27-2020
Lulz more deberg bullshit. Of course the city is interested
[Reply]
jerryaldini 10:14 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
You're using the 80s as proof of kc not being interested in the nba? Really?
Still pissed about losing the Kings while INDOOR soccer thrived. Yes, indoor soccer over the freaking NBA. An utter embarrassment for KC. And I see soccer is still a big deal there apparently, although at least it's the outdoor crappy MLS version.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:17 PM 10-27-2020
I've been to both, and IMO, if you've been to a KU home game, you will be sorely disappointed by an NBA game.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:24 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
I've been to both, and IMO, if you've been to a KU home game, you will be sorely disappointed by an NBA game.
Depends on the NBA game. Regular season yes.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:27 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
:-)

I’ve been to many games at KU, including the 1988 season and that wasn’t anything close to seeing Kobe and Shaq.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:29 PM 10-27-2020
Saw an article on this in The Athletic earlier this afternoon. I'd absolutely love the Raptors in KC.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up