ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Nick Foles shit all over Matt Nagy...
Mecca 09:53 AM 10-27-2020

this is a bombshell type comment

Foles openly accused Nagy of calling plays that have no chance of working

you never hear this from a starting QB about his own head coachpic.twitter.com/Xh4jPI1j17

— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) October 27, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:21 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
At this point Foles has more staying power than Nagy and hes flexing that big dick on him.
Only a stupid front office would fire a head coach that took a shit team to 12-4 and 8-8, over an average QB that's threatened to quit football multiple times, whose also been cut three times and traded twice.
[Reply]
FAX 11:23 AM 10-27-2020
This raises an interesting question I've never contemplated before.

Let's say you have a 25-second play clock and it takes 8 seconds to choose a play and call it in to the QB. Then, you have to spit out a 10-word call which takes 2 seconds. Then, you look around the huddle and notice that two of your skill players have never practiced that play so you have to repeat the call which takes an additional 2 seconds. There are now 13 seconds on the clock and one of your skill players is in the wrong position so you readjust him. We're now at 8 seconds and you haven't even checked the defensive alignment yet.

That could suck.

FAX
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:24 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I would have benched Foles and tried to get a spark but of course Nagy can't do that because he dicked around with Foles and Trubisky already to start the year.
Yup and IMVHO if your oline is that bad I would rather have the young mobile QB rather than the statue. I know Turdbisky is not good but neither is Foles.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:26 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yup and IMVHO if your oline is that bad I would rather have the young mobile QB rather than the statue. I know Turdbisky is not good but neither is Foles.
Better than Trubisky tho.
[Reply]
FAX 11:26 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Shaid:
So does Nagy lose his job and come back to replace EB as OC?
He can't return as OC. If EB leaves, that's Kafka's job.

Nagy has to start at the bottom and work his way up again. Wally gives him a job carrying his towel and detangling his headset cord.

FAX
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:28 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You want a guy with a high ceiling and low floor? Or a guy with a low ceiling and low floor?

For me, I want the guy who can get hot and play like one of the best QBs in the league. If it's about Super Bowls and making a run in the playoffs isn't that what you want?

Otherwise what are we trying to do? Don't hamstring your team and tie yourself to a game managing QB....just tank and build for the future.
An inconsistent QB is WORSE than a consistently mediocre one.

That's the problem. The chances of them leading to you to a Super Bowl over an entire season is about the same but only one of them is going to lose games you shouldn't lose, even if they win games you shouldn't.

There's a reason why guys like Foles and Fitz are career backups. The lack of consistency is a death knell for QB's.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:29 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
An inconsistent QB is WORSE than a consistently mediocre one.

That's the problem. The chances of them leading to you to a Super Bowl over an entire season is about the same but only one of them is going to lose games you shouldn't lose, even if they win games you shouldn't.

There's a reason why guys like Foles and Fitz are career backups. The lack of consistency is a death knell for QB's.
Ryan Fitzpatrick could come in and give THE RIGHT team a spark to win a Super Bowl. Similar to what Foles did.

Alex Smith and Derek Carr cannot. Scared ****ing bitches.

I'm already pissed that that Herbert guy is on the Bolts. That guy gives no ****s.

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:29 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Foles can only "get hot" when he's surrounded by superior talent.

Foles isn't a guy that can put a team on his shoulders and will them to a win, hence the reason he's been traded twice and cut three times (so far).
Exactly.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:30 AM 10-27-2020
Better than Trubisky tho.
over a 16 game season yes but probably not by much. Maybe Nagy can get creative and swap QB's depending on the match up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:31 AM 10-27-2020
Ryan Fitzpatrick could come in and give a team a spark to win a Super Bowl. Similar to what Foles did.

Alex Smith and Derek Carr cannot.
You're missing the point.

They can come in and provide a spark.

But as soon as they start 5 or 6 games in a row, the counterbalance kicks in and they start single-handedly losing games with bonehead decisions.

They're BACKUPS, not starters.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:31 AM 10-27-2020
My point is that they restructured his deal. I get bringing in Foles, I don't understand giving him new contract.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:32 AM 10-27-2020
His own play was terrible last night. Missing open receivers isn't on the guy calling plays
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:33 AM 10-27-2020
Ryan Fitzpatrick could come in and give THE RIGHT team a spark to win a Super Bowl. Similar to what Foles did.

Alex Smith and Derek Carr cannot. Scared ****ing bitches.

I'm already pissed that that Herbert guy is on the Bolts. That guy gives no ****s.

Dumb money don't make money either. Just sayin'.

Investing in Nick Foles to be a 16-game starter is like flushing money down the toilet.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:35 AM 10-27-2020
I bet not too many players share their thoughts with that announcer in the future.

I doubt Foles thought it would be repeated during a game.
[Reply]
Spott 11:49 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
prediction-

after the season, Bears cut Turdbisky.

He signs with KC to sit behind Mahomes and resurrect his career.
I don’t even want him as a backup.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up