ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Nick Foles shit all over Matt Nagy...
Mecca 09:53 AM 10-27-2020

this is a bombshell type comment

Foles openly accused Nagy of calling plays that have no chance of working

you never hear this from a starting QB about his own head coachpic.twitter.com/Xh4jPI1j17

— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) October 27, 2020

[Reply]
RealSNR 10:37 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
:-)

It’s wasn’t a signing, it was a trade.

Nagy isn’t the GM.

Ryan Pace, the Bears GM, sucks ass and should have been fired years ago.

The Bears might as well be the Jags, Dolphins and Browns because the franchise is laughable, which is par for the course in the NFC North.
In terms of recent history (say, since their 1985 Super Bowl) they're just one step above teams like the Lions, Bengals, and Browns. And not by much. The number of 3-13, 4-12, 5-11 records they have since their 1985 Super Bowl is pretty damn high. When they suck, they suck reeeally good for long periods, and when they don't suck, they can never sustain that success for more than a season or two.

They got a Rex Grossman Super Bowl loss to show for their troubles. That's it. Then it was back to the cellar with them.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:39 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Super Bowl MVP. 3rd best season of all time per QB rating. NFL record holder for TD passes in a game. NFL record holder for consecutive completions. Pro bowler.

You take the bad with the good and wait till he gets hot. Most of his mistakes are gunslinging when your team is behind or has a low probability of winning.

He cares about winning, not stats. Guy is a gamer.
Dude.. he sucks....
[Reply]
Bowser 10:39 AM 10-27-2020
So is Nagy going to go full Josh McDaniels? Flame out as a head coach and then return home to be a coordinator (after Bieniemy finds a head coaching gig)?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:39 AM 10-27-2020
Lot of folks shitting on a coach that is 25-14 with 2 playoff teams (at this time) in 2 of 3 years.

Nagy was handed arguably the worst draft blunder in history as his QB and despite that he’s winning. Foles is what he is but they didn’t have a choice. There’s not exactly great QB’s on the market every year. Especially when your GM trades multiple first rd picks for Khalil fucking Mack.

Nagy deserves to have his own QB. He also deserves to have a new competent GM. Hell if I was Nagy I’d go after Borgonzi
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:40 AM 10-27-2020
Don't they have these discussions on the sideline and in practice all the time? Talking about what is working and what's not working.

Kind of like Mahomes asking if they have enough time to run Wasp.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:40 AM 10-27-2020
Nick Foles be like ......

[Reply]
KCUnited 10:48 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So is Nagy going to go full Josh McDaniels? Flame out as a head coach and then return home to be a coordinator (after Bieniemy finds a head coaching gig)?
The sentiment here at least, is that he's a good motivator and the players like him, he just needs to give up play calling duties. Feel he at least has general likeability over McDaniels.

Plus it was a weird offseason where no one actually believed Trubisky earned the starter job. With the clown car approach to front office decision making in Chicago, its hard to tell what Nagy's involvements really are.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:55 AM 10-27-2020
Nagy has dem Bears at 5-2. Why the outrage?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:58 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Don't they have these discussions on the sideline and in practice all the time? Talking about what is working and what's not working.

Kind of like Mahomes asking if they have enough time to run Wasp.
Some coaches don't like input and run what they want regardless..back in the day I remember a coach pulling a QB's ability to audible because he kept changing his plays.

Some guys are control freaks.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:13 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Dude.. he sucks....
You want a guy with a high ceiling and low floor? Or a guy with a low ceiling and low floor?

For me, I want the guy who can get hot and play like one of the best QBs in the league. If it's about Super Bowls and making a run in the playoffs isn't that what you want?

Otherwise what are we trying to do? Don't hamstring your team and tie yourself to a game managing QB....just tank and build for the future.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:17 AM 10-27-2020
At this point Foles has more staying power than Nagy and hes flexing that big dick on him.
[Reply]
Shaid 11:18 AM 10-27-2020
So does Nagy lose his job and come back to replace EB as OC?
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 11:19 AM 10-27-2020
I think that was said on background to Griese, and I think Griese realized it after he said it, because in the post-game deal with SVP he mentioned, but this time as his own observation, that there seemed to be a disconnect between the play calls and the reality, mentioning 7-step drops, etc.

Players and coaches tell the announcing crews all kinds of things, but always on background, so that there's more insight into play calling and the inside scoop on things without actually outing someone like that.

I can imagine Foles is pretty pissed at Griese today, but he did say it. "On background" with anyone in the media is a risky thing.
[Reply]
Shaid 11:19 AM 10-27-2020
Well, I see a lot of people had the same thought as me.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:20 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You want a guy with a high ceiling and low floor? Or a guy with a low ceiling and low floor?

For me, I want the guy who can get hot and play like one of the best QBs in the league. If it's about Super Bowls and making a run in the playoffs isn't that what you want?

Otherwise what are we trying to do? Don't hamstring your team and tie yourself to a game managing QB....just tank and build for the future.
Foles can only "get hot" when he's surrounded by superior talent.

Foles isn't a guy that can put a team on his shoulders and will them to a win, hence the reason he's been traded twice and cut three times (so far).
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up