ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Man versus mouse. I seek your alliance in this war.
Rain Man 06:24 PM 10-25-2020
My dining room has a little sitting area, and I was sitting there the other night in a big comfy upholstered chair. The light was off in the main part of the dining room, and suddenly out of the corner of my eye I saw a dark flash run by on the floor. It was either a mouse or a spider that was so large and fast that I'd have to move and burn the house down.

I went into full wartime mode and tried to hunt it down, but it disappeared. My concern was that when I saw it, it was headed directly for a large floor vent and that's the only place it could have gone.

I told the wife, but there was little we could do without knowing what type of Predator had invaded our world.

Well, tonight the wife was sitting in a different chair in the sitting area, and suddenly a mouse flashed by on the floor. She sounded the alarm and we went into high alert. She said that it had run underneath the large comfy upholstered chair. I got my bazooka and a bayonet and looked under the chair and once again the mouse was nowhere to be found.

She had been watching the whole time and said that it didn't come out from under the chair, so with great trepidation I drew a conclusion. If it didn't leave and it's not under the chair, then...

I flipped the chair on its side, and sure enough there were three holes that were chewed into the bottom of the lining.

It's in the chair! The call is coming from the chair!

We immediately dragged the chair out onto the back porch, despite the fact that it's an expensive chair and it's snowing and Von Miller lives in our city.

So what do I do now? We've got a mouse living in our chair, and we can't guarantee that it's one mouse. It's possible that there's a different mouse living in the ductwork and we can't guarantee that it's one mouse. But then again, all of this could just be one mouse. It's been warm and just got cold, so it's possible that an outside mouse somehow got in temporarily.

How do you get mice out of a house, and how do you get mice out of a chair? This is not the type of chair that you just throw away. This chair is the chair of royalty. I've called an exterminator, but is there anything else I can do?

The thing that worries me is that I saw a mouse last year in our kitchen. We bought a bunch of traps and put them out, but never caught anything. However, we never saw any mice other than the one time. But now I'm wondering if the mouse/mice has been in our house the whole time, watching us and waiting for its chance to attack.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:47 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
I drown them. It's more humane than letting the little fella starve on the trap. Snap traps don't always kill them immediately either. There really isn't a perfect method of getting rid of them without a bit of suffering. If the suffering bothers you then cats are the last method you want to use. Cats can torture them for up to an hour.
Having a cat is the most humane option long-term. Have a cat long enough and the mice will eventually just stay away altogether.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 07:50 PM 10-25-2020
Have you asked Kyle Shanahan? It seems he would have some familiarity with the problem.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:53 PM 10-25-2020
Just checking in to see if the mice are gaining ground on their territorial advancement goals yet.
[Reply]
ROYC75 07:57 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by Stewie:
I've used these twice with great success. Especially if your woman is squeamish.

THIS!

BUT FIRST - DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS or crawling kids?

If so, be careful how you use it. If you have any air opening around doors, garage doors, seal up the opening. If they are coming in through your garage, put the D-Con in that area. Use the sticky tape in the traffic area of activity.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:57 PM 10-25-2020
https://www.ebay.com/i/324071655658?...4aArrrEALw_wcB

I love these, I have them in my morton shed at home and at the farm and in the garden shed.....they are 100%
[Reply]
Lzen 08:11 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
Sticky traps work the best for me. I've caught 3 of the little bastards with them. Traditional snap traps are useless. I've never caught jack shit with them and I was even using peanut butter as bait.
Huh, that's weird. I have always used the traditional Victor wooden traps and have had great luck. And yes, I use peanut butter. Sure, occasionally you get one of those really smart ones that avoids getting caught in the trap, but mostly you get dead mice. I even had two traps set under my kitchen sink a couple years ago. I checked it and, I shit you not, there were two nice caught on each trap. 4 dead mice.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 08:19 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Huh, that's weird. I have always used the traditional Victor wooden traps and have had great luck. And yes, I use peanut butter. Sure, occasionally you get one of those really smart ones that avoids getting caught in the trap, but mostly you get dead mice. I even had two traps set under my kitchen sink a couple years ago. I checked it and, I shit you not, there were two nice caught on each trap. 4 dead mice.
Maybe I'm just unlucky. All I know is the sticky traps work for me. If I put them down then I have a dead mouse within the next 48 hours.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 08:25 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Having a cat is the most humane option long-term. Have a cat long enough and the mice will eventually just stay away altogether.
I don't believe this. My mom has had multiple cats for over a decade now and she still gets mice.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:26 PM 10-25-2020
OR

=

[Reply]
Megatron96 08:26 PM 10-25-2020
TRAPS. YOU DON'T NEED NO STEENKIN' TRAPS.

Just need this girl to come by your house. Problem solved.

[Reply]
digger 08:27 PM 10-25-2020

Warning the mouse will still be alive trapped in this...
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:27 PM 10-25-2020
Or this one.

[Reply]
Rain Man 08:31 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
TRAPS. YOU DON'T NEED NO STEENKIN' TRAPS.

Just need this girl to come by your house. Problem solved.

After considering all of the options, this one is my preference. Where might I rent this person?
[Reply]
trndobrd 08:56 PM 10-25-2020

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:59 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Don't use sticky traps, unless you feel like dropping a cinder block on a squealing mouse that's starving to death.
The play is a snap trap between 2 stickies. In college I had this fuckhead mouse eating the peanut butter off my snap trap. Couldn’t get him with a sticky either. Got a couple stickies put them on either side of the snap trap they drug the sticky into the snap trap and it was lights out.

The key is diversity in weaponry.

You may have one that can get around a certain kind of trap but not all.

Get one of everything and put them everywhere.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up