ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs have a COVID case. Jordan Ta'amu
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:56 AM 10-03-2020

It’s not just New England: #Chiefs practice squad QB Jordan Ta'amu has tested positive for COVID-19 and is being added to the reserve list, per me and @MikeGarafolo.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 3, 2020

[Reply]
PHOG 12:10 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
So completely wrong. Those droplets land on surfaces people touch.It's mostly spread by touching things that have covid and touching your face, mouth, nose area. It's a lot less likely to get it directly through the air.

Ever notice you don't ever see doctors wearing masks when you go in for a visit but you do see them frequently washing their hands?
:-) Everybody @ my doctor's office wears a mask. Hell, even the patients have to sit in their car until it's time to be seen for your appointment. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 12:17 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by njchiefs:
Why would you spread disinformation like this. This is directly from the CDC summary on how COVID-19 is spread:

“Respiratory droplets can land on hands, objects or surfaces around the person when they cough or talk, and people can then become infected with COVID-19 from touching hands, objects or surfaces with droplets and then touching their eyes, nose, or mouth.”
Key word here is CAN.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:21 PM 10-03-2020
It's been talked about for months now that the primary method of infection is two people talking to each other face to face and being inside in poorly ventilated areas. It is technically possible through droplets on surfaces but more and more seems incredibly rare.

If you are still bathing in hand sanitizer you are largely wasting your time.
[Reply]
Floridafan 12:21 PM 10-03-2020
The CDC is a private vaccine company. I don't trust anything they say.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:22 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by chefsos:
This is how I'm thinking. Hell, the NBA Finals are going on when they'd normally be starting the 20-21 season.
Wait what?
[Reply]
TLO 12:27 PM 10-03-2020
Why would you spread disinformation like this. This is directly from the CDC summary on how COVID-19 is spread:

“Respiratory droplets can land on hands, objects or surfaces around the person when they cough or talk, and people can then become infected with COVID-19 from touching hands, objects or surfaces with droplets and then touching their eyes, nose, or mouth.”
Here's a paper from a few days ago that sums things up nicely.

Low risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission by fomites in real-life conditions

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...678-2/fulltext
[Reply]
chefsos 12:27 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Wait what?
Hell, I dunno. I don't follow basketball much. Don't they normally begin camps and preseason in October?
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:28 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Wait what?
NBA usually starts its regular season in late October.
[Reply]
TLO 12:28 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
It's been talked about for months now that the primary method of infection is two people talking to each other face to face and being inside in poorly ventilated areas. It is technically possible through droplets on surfaces but more and more seems incredibly rare.

Yes. And there's been more and more studies coming out that back up this line of thinking. Like the one I just posted.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:28 PM 10-03-2020

There is a big difference between "can" and "will".
[Reply]
TLO 12:30 PM 10-03-2020
Yes you should still wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, etc - before someone makes a smart ass comment about it.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:34 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

Well not really wasting your time, you would still be preventing STDs.
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:44 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Every Doctor/Nurse that i've seen since COVIDS started has been wearing a mask. COVID is transmittable through the air. This has been know since january, that's why masks are so important. That's also why it was borderline criminal that a certain orange buffoon told people that masks were unneccessary even though he already had read a report that it was airborne.
Thanks for douching this thread up with politics moron. Not that you'll be able to read this now anyway.
[Reply]
PurpleRiders51 01:11 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by chefsos:
This is how I'm thinking. Hell, the NBA Finals are going on when they'd normally be starting the 20-21 season.
They just finished the 2020 NHL season last week when at this time of year they would normally be starting the 2021 season. MLB along with NFL are the only major leagues (along with Nascar) that are being run on schedule (as far as I know.)
[Reply]
njchiefs 01:21 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
There is a big difference between "can" and "will".
A condom with a hole in it “can” result in the transmission of an STD. Take your chances? When did you ever see a warning that say “will”? This is so stupid.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up